Old September 10, 2001, 17:03   #1
Miner
Prince

Local Time: 14:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
A minutes silence for ToTEdit
FYI

A while back (about a year I think) I posted a thread about a TOT GUI scenario editor I was making. It was all singing, all dancing and I promised the earth.
The observant amongst you will have noticed that it has not arrived, the even more observant will have noticed that I haven't been posting for a while.
So what happened? Was the problem a technical one, was I lying? where is this vapourware?
No technical problems (I was just finishing the sound editing part of the units screen, having worked out how the default original sounds fitted in with the new custom sounds, which would have been followed by an alpha release) but real life intruded in an unpleasant way. I split up with my fiance of 5 years (too much time on the computer methinks ) and have had to move house and all sorts of other horrible stuff (I believe Americans call this sort of thing "life issues"). Not much time for ToTEdit.
I finally managed to get checking on how things were going in the Civ community in the last week. I am also under the impression that Civ3 is due out this year, November in the UK, as opposed to 1st quarter next year (this is not to start a thread on when Civ3 is coming out! this info could also be wrong). This is the Civ3 with enhanced customising abilities and an inbuilit editor that doesn't turn your scenario to mush, in fact, just the thing I was working on!
Given this, it looks like ToTEdit will now die a death, unreleased, unloved and gathering dust on my hard drive.

A minutes silence for what could have been...

Anyway, having got that out the way with, having no woman to nag me about how much time I spend on the computer means I am looking forward to the release of Civ3

I also downloaded SubWar. Does this look cool or what?
Old September 10, 2001, 17:06   #2
Shadowstrike
Emperor

Local Time: 08:17
Hmm.... well you could release it someday, for nostalgics like us.
Old September 10, 2001, 17:08   #3
Paul Hanson
King

Local Time: 14:17
2 days ago, I would have been distraught, because I`d been looking forward to ToTEdit.

But 2 days ago, I uninstalled ToT. So I can face this like a man.