Old April 19, 2001, 07:28   #181
Roman
King

Local Time: 23:56
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Yes, I would like to participate, although I don't have any programing skills, not even with HTML.

PS. I prefer Slow Thinker's idea of condensed threads containing all useful information rather than an extensive and needlesly repetitive index.
Old April 19, 2001, 11:31   #182
Marquis de Sodaq
King

Local Time: 17:56
SG2, I've sent you a message with more index keywords (to save space here). This is in some disarray, and needs to be consistently organized.

ST, yes, I'm willing to write the "how-to" posts for the GL's final locked thread. I'll also write a document for city improvements' and wonders' general descriptions.

As far as how often we will need the GL to be unlocked - perhaps requesting it of Ming when a certain quantity of edits is reached, or a certain time has gone by, will work. For instance, every time ten new links accumulate or a fortnight has passed, whichever is sooner.

Finally, I think the compiled "info" type threads (diplo/spy variety) should have precedence over other threads with the same topics. The reasons are simple:
  • Other related threads have already been combed thru for useful info
  • The misinformation from those same threads has been thrown out
  • They are already linked within the compiled "info" thread
This will help keep the GL a bit smaller. If you agree, I believe it should be the responsibility of the "info" thread author to alert SG2 which links, if any, should be removed/redirected. He will have enough to do keeping the index in order and easily readable.
Old April 19, 2001, 14:45   #183
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 18:56
This thread has now been archived, and can be found at: http://apolyton.net/forums/Archives/...-3-001371.html

I'm leaving a copy here but closing it, just so people don't wonder what happened to it.

Please continue your great work in the new threads that are on the top of this forum.

And just to make things easier, the new discussion thread can be found at: http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum3/HTML/001818.html?5

To be continued....

------------------
Ming
ACS Civ II & OT Forum Moderator
Ming@Apolyton.net
[This message has been edited by Ming (edited April 19, 2001).]