Old September 15, 2001, 10:15   #1
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 08:26
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Multiplaying in Civ
OK, it is my turn at bat.

First, I am an MP person. I have little interest in beating the cheating computer AI in SP games. Yes, I learned the basics in Civ2 SP, but the real game only unfolded to me in MP. I was thrilled to discover there was such a thing.

The essential MP community for followup games to Civ2 is here in the Civ2 Multiplayer forum. Until someone establishes a Civ3 Multiplayer forum, there *is* nowhere else for concerns, hopes, and comments about Civ3 MP to be placed, and that *is* a legitimate topic of interest to many of us.

MarkG, et al, *please* arrange for a specific Civ3 MP forum *or* allow the topic to be discussed here. I have not participated in any angry (or even polite) emails to the developers, I have no axe to grind with them, I do not care about their marketing needs, etc. I am not threatening to download the software for free, nor do I even support that idea.

I just want some place (and "off-topic" is not that place) where news and thoughts on the upcoming and eventual Civ3 MP game can be discussed.

I have been a friend and steadfast supporter of Apolyton, and I will continue to be regardless of this one issue. I only respectfully request that there be *someplace* logical for this subject to be discussed.
Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul
Old September 15, 2001, 10:24   #2
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 15:26
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Discussion for multiplayer in Civ3 is to be done in Civ3-General. Expecting a "civ3-mp" forum in order to not post civ3-mp threads here makes no sense. Even more, posting here means excluding the smac and ctp1/2 MP people.

If you want to discuss civ3, do it in the civ3 forum. What's so strange about that?