Old September 15, 2001, 19:36   #1
faded glory
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 13:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Cultural boundarys
Ok, What happens if the cultural boundary engulfs the political borders......And creeps and takes over. A city!

Does that mean you must declare to take it back? Or do they just revolt.

Sorry, Im not 100% certain how the hole cultural expansion thing works. If im not mistaken, they are like ' ethnic minoritys'.

please clairfy

Thanks all!
Old September 15, 2001, 19:53   #2
SerapisIV
King

Local Time: 08:27
The culture borders are the political borders. Borders are the visible sign of your culture's ability to influence and control surrounding territory. There are no borders like we consider them, randomly drawn lines on a maps. You have to earn your borders through culture.
Old September 15, 2001, 21:39   #3
KoalaBear33
Warlord

Local Time: 08:27
Quote:
Originally posted by SerapisIV
The culture borders are the political borders. Borders are the visible sign of your culture's ability to influence and control surrounding territory. There are no borders like we consider them, randomly drawn lines on a maps. You have to earn your borders through culture.
I think he was asking what happens when your cultural border overtakes an ENEMY city. I'm not sure how culture works either (I don't follow CIV III closely though)...

KoalaBear33
Old September 16, 2001, 02:39   #4
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 15:27
ii think it was like this : if an enemy city is within your cultural border for a while, it will decide to revolt and join your civ.
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old September 16, 2001, 07:29   #5
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 00:27
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
ii think it was like this : if an enemy city is within your cultural border for a while, it will decide to revolt and join your civ.
And then that cities borders join your empires borders.
Old September 16, 2001, 09:09   #6
jsw363
Prince

Local Time: 05:27
Re: Cultural boundarys
Quote:
Originally posted by faded glory
Sorry, Im not 100% certain how the hole cultural expansion thing works. If im not mistaken, they are like ' ethnic minoritys'.
I think that "ethnic minorities" happen when you take over a foreign city (culturally or otherwise) and then while under your control the city continues to grow. When it grows with your citizens in it, then the old citizens become a minority in that city and in your civ. Think of New Orleans as an example of a former French city taken by Americans. It's still kind of French(that whole Mardi Gras thing), but now largely American.