Old September 18, 2001, 04:05   #1
janilxx
Warlord

Local Time: 15:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Automatic embassy with new nations
Is it supposed to be so that if one nation is totally killed and revolution forms a new nation. Then you get automatically embassy with that nation. This happened two times to me with apol.
Old September 18, 2001, 05:39   #2
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 15:31
As I caused a revolution in an AI city and visited it wit my regulary troops after a while I gottn't any contact. I may wipe them out if I only have enough troops there without declaring war or noticing them in APOL. I guess that is a problem in Diplomod, that you must meet units of them to get contact.

-Martin
Old September 21, 2001, 06:30   #3
Yovarei
Settler

Local Time: 08:31
Phantom Diplomat
Hello Gang!

Mr. Dale thank you for making CTP2 the game it ought to be! Thank you again. I just finished playing a MEDIUM level game. And a curious thing happened. I had a diplomat killed by an enemy before establishing an embassy. From then on, every time I got a cease-fire treaty in effect, the DEAD DIPLOMAT "woke" from the grave and establish embassies with the faction I just made peace with. The diplomat was not listed in the Unit Manager tab.

Was this part of the MOD pack. I was using APOLYTON PACK V1.01. I have MODSWAPPER installed and the official CTP2 pack installed as well.

Any ideas?
Old September 23, 2001, 22:11   #4
Dale
Emperor

Local Time: 23:31
Yovarei:
Thanks for the compliments.

The situation you describe is a deliberate game enhancement by myself. I got sick of having to re-establish embassies all the time with AI's, especially when they were on the other side of the world. So I wrote into Diplomod/Apolyton MODS the auto-ability of re-establishing embassies.

You won't see the diplomat doing this in any unit tabs as it is only alive for one turn. It gets disbanded after creating the embassy.