Old September 19, 2001, 07:00   #1
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Local Time: 13:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Comments on Sands of Arabia
Ohhhh~! I've not yet played any of the Muslim guys yet....sounds like it's QUITE challenging! I feel your pain on the disasterous war tho...OUCH! Sounds like they really handed you your arse!

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Velociryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19, 2001, 08:06   #2
faded glory
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

yes to think that I have lost more than 200,000 troops in the horn of Africa is very disturbing. Especially to a pathetic nation like Ethiopia

Its not that my troops arent that bad. Contrary, they are up to par with Turkeys! But Ethiopia's climate and logistical values of its provinces are unbearable!Upon landing, Morale plummets and attrition takes a grueling toll with Supply values of 2 in most provinces. Compouding this was the reality that a handful of troops of ethiopian troops with higher morale has routed my troops dozens of times. Ethiopia is a seroius challenge! I dont think anyone can pull it off!? Send an army of 200,000. It does not matter, they will be 100,000 within 3 months. There morale will be horrible and a small 800 man ethiopian force can easily route your troops.

I see my mistakes I made last night! I dont think I will going near the horn of africa any time soon. But i must expand in another direction. But where I dont know!
faded glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19, 2001, 18:22   #3
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Local Time: 09:34
[...I accidentally had this in the other thread...]

I'll reply more completely later, but I just wanted to share your pain in having a 'nobody' nation kick your butt! LOL! That's one of the great things about this game...

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.
yin26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19, 2001, 18:59   #4
faded glory
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

hey no problem.....no EU tonight. The lure of the pub was too great

ok ok I dont understand the Ethiopia thing. The game designers made a big mistake in making the attrition in the desert so much
faded glory is offline   Reply With Quote