Old September 21, 2001, 07:19   #1
lord of the mark
Deity

Local Time: 09:39
Local Date: October 31, 2010
more ancient scenarios
I've played Cullivans scenarios extensively.

Recently have played and enjoyed Hartel's Iran and Parsa, and have gotten repeatedly bogged down in Dareios. Decided to take a break from Hartels scenarios, playing Hellas. Looks very interesting, but may take a while to get the hang of.

Any other good pre-Alexander ancient scenarios? Particularly a Peloponnesian war scen, or a Persian war scen more from Greek point of view than Darieos (not that I have any problem with Hartel's Persian viewpoint, just looking for something different)

LOTM
Old September 21, 2001, 10:09   #2
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

Local Time: 14:39
there is Peloponessian war made by Alex the Magnificient, look for it at the spanish apolyton web page

spanish.apolyton.net
Old September 21, 2001, 10:25   #3
Marquis de Sodaq
King

Local Time: 07:39
On scenario league are some good ones. Rome 280bc comes to mind as a vast improvement to the game's default Rome scenario. Not exactly pre-Alex, but ancient era nonetheless.

Hellas is a good scenario, too.

The gift of speech is given to many,
intelligence to few.
Old September 21, 2001, 11:59   #4
Goingonit
Warlord

Local Time: 08:39
Re: more ancient scenarios
Quote:
Originally posted by lord of the mark
I've played Cullivans scenarios extensively.

Recently have played and enjoyed Hartel's Iran and Parsa, and have gotten repeatedly bogged down in Dareios. Decided to take a break from Hartels scenarios, playing Hellas. Looks very interesting, but may take a while to get the hang of.

Any other good pre-Alexander ancient scenarios? Particularly a Peloponnesian war scen, or a Persian war scen more from Greek point of view than Darieos (not that I have any problem with Hartel's Persian viewpoint, just looking for something different)

LOTM
I made one about Greek colonization: 700bc-500bc. I sent it to civfanatics but it's not up yet.

If you want it, you can e-mail me. jbaskin@uts.oise.utoronto.ca
Old September 21, 2001, 13:04   #5
Stefan Härtel
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

There is one greek-o-centric scenario on Xerxes' invasion of Greece in 480 BC by Giant Squid called "Earth and Water" which is very good. There's also an old scenario called "Scythia" which deals with the events before and during the Persian wars from a Scythian point of view, which is actually quite enjoyable. It's hidden down in the archives of some Civ2 Page, but I can find it for you.

"Hellas" is a beautiful work of art, though you need to play it for a while to get the hang of it, but then, it's very fun and addictive (I had a wonderful Athenian-Spartan War, with me winning )
Not to forget, there's my "Sons of Heracles" scenario, which deals with the rise of Sparta!
There's also Allard Höfelt's (un)forgotten classic "The Homerian Age" which records the developement of the Greek civilization from the Mycenean to the Classical times, and his scenario "African Wars", both can be found at the CSC.
There's also one I grabbed up at some French Web site, but it appears only halfway finished to me.
Actually, there's quite a lot of stuff around. I know there are some more, but can't think of any others right now.
Old September 22, 2001, 08:04   #6
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

Quote:
There is one greek-o-centric scenario on Xerxes' invasion of Greece in 480 BC by Giant Squid called "Earth and Water" which is very good. There's also an old scenario called "Scythia" which deals with the events before and during the Persian wars from a Scythian point of view, which is actually quite enjoyable. It's hidden down in the archives of some Civ2 Page, but I can find it for you
where are there?
I´ve been looking for them but I couldn´t find them,
do you know where to find them?