Old September 23, 2001, 00:09   #1
connorkimbro
Emperor

Local Time: 07:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
the replay feature . . (firaxis' attention here would be nice. . :)
Exactly how complex is it going to be? With challenge games (ie, One City Challenge) people often post their games turn by turn (or at least, the important turns) and then everyone can analyze the game to see strategy, etc. .

in another thread markg said
Quote:
if we could have a small(=easilly shared on the net) "replay file" it would be really coooool, especially for..... mp games
And i highly agree, and would add that there should be, either incorporated into Civ3 or as a small seperate program, the ability to view old games this way. Having it to be a seperate savable file that you can upload or send to friends would also be very nice. I can view a way to add comments to specific turns or to the file to perhaps explain why you made certain choices in the game or to add things that perhaps may not be automatically recorded, etc. . (though, i'd suggest having the game record in some way, every single statistic that's in the game, if possible.) In OCC game logs, people often comment about exactly how many beakers a certain city makes, or other various very specific bits of information. .
anyway, you get the idea so i'll stop rambling. .

How much of this can we expect in Civ3?

-theonion.com
Old September 23, 2001, 00:38   #2
TechWins
King

Local Time: 06:42
I like the idea of being able to upload the file. That way people would have to prove that they had "x" score or whatever.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old September 23, 2001, 03:31   #3
Ralf
King

Local Time: 14:42
Quote:
Originally posted by connorkimbro
Having it to be a seperate savable file that you can upload or send to friends would also be very nice. I can view a way to add comments to specific turns or to the file to perhaps explain why you made certain choices in the game or to add things that perhaps may not be automatically recorded, etc. . (though, i'd suggest having the game record in some way, every single statistic that's in the game, if possible
I also agree. When you talk about "adding comments", I come to think of Europa Universalis-style after-action reports. That would be fun to read.