Old September 26, 2001, 09:50   #1
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 06:49
Local Date: October 31, 2010
AI (Sparta) launches 13 satellites in 1 turn
I couldn't believe what I was seeing as I waited for the year to turn. Base after base of the Spartan AI launched a hydroponics satellite.

Its 2374 and I'm the Pirates, tech stag, double blind (I know, I know) and Aki has the tech lead and Corrie the military and overall lead. I'm getting a tech every six turns (whoohoo) and I'd just bought orbital spaceflight the turn before from Sparta (for 1100 credits, yet - two turns previously solar flares tripling energy netted me 4000 credits). So credit the AI with some intelligence - both building the sats and rooking me for 1100 ec's.

(Of course, on the flip side, I'm a pactmate of Deirdre - she has 32 bases, and currently has 70 transports roaming the oceans. I'm just treatied with Sparta and haven't infiltrated, so don't know how many trannies she's built) Encouragingly, Roze and Yang are both building crawlers in some bases. But Yang, with 30 bases, is building R-laser tactical noodles in 14 and pens in another 4 - he's got 18 pens built already. And only ten transports. Not hard to see what he's up to. And he's my nearest neighbor

At least Yang and Roze aren't building transports (about six each - as many as I have)

G.
Old September 26, 2001, 12:06   #2
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 16:49
I wish I had a screenshot of a game I played (Aldebaran game, so maybe not so comparable)
Anyway, there was an island full of fungus with dozens of Peacemaker bases doing megalomanic nutrients, because they had launched over 800 Hydroponics satellites, hundreds of energy/mineral satellites, and tens of ODPs. It was annoying when all my launched orbitals were immediately shot down
My point is, the Peacemakers had all those bases with population of over 60 per base (With their growth bonuses). Huge! And it wasn't a big island at all.

EDIT: Is there a way to get rid of all those "Jada-jad has built x satellite at base H" messages? My Enter key is wearing out.
Old September 26, 2001, 16:13   #3
Avenoct
Prince

Local Time: 08:49
-Kass: So I take it the AI is doing o.k. in Aldeb Kass? I can take a screenshot if you send me the game-save.

-Googlie: Were you playing with random personalities? I love it when the AI catches a break like that...damned amazing.

-S
Old September 26, 2001, 21:52   #4
CoffeeBreath
Chieftain

Local Time: 13:49
Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia
I wish I had a screenshot of a game I played (Aldebaran game, so maybe not so comparable)
Anyway, there was an island full of fungus with dozens of Peacemaker bases doing megalomanic nutrients, because they had launched over 800 Hydroponics satellites, hundreds of energy/mineral satellites, and tens of ODPs. It was annoying when all my launched orbitals were immediately shot down
My point is, the Peacemakers had all those bases with population of over 60 per base (With their growth bonuses). Huge! And it wasn't a big island at all.

EDIT: Is there a way to get rid of all those "Jada-jad has built x satellite at base H" messages? My Enter key is wearing out.
i feel your pain, i have to do this everytime my forest expands.
Old September 26, 2001, 22:02   #5
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 06:49
Smack:

Right on - I randomized everything - set it up on a huge builders map (256 x 512) which was why I never was able to probe Sparta - didn't find her until I launched my satellite - then she zapped my foil probe with the HSA

Still going strong - takes about 10 minutes a turn now, though, with all the micromanaging I have to do - as you can imagine, as the Pirates I'm all over the place - sea colonies wherever I saw a good conjunction of energy and mineral goodies. My votes (2380) are 369, but Sparta is 648 - with the EG, though. Aki is second at 395 or so, all self generated. With tech stag there'sa certainly enough time to build loads of facilities at each base.

G.
Old September 27, 2001, 02:29   #6
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Smack
So I take it the AI is doing o.k. in Aldeb Kass? I can take a screenshot if you send me the game-save.
I'll send that soon. That game was going haywire, with the Syndicate I recall. Take the screenshot, and use it to advertise the superior AI

BTW, Pacifist Sarita had some 1,800 votes, and because she gets double votes and had no vote-SP's, 900 pop.

Quote:
Takes about ten minutes a turn
How about twenty minutes, with all those gravships mucking about.
Old September 27, 2001, 09:27   #7
Avenoct
Prince

Quote:
Take the screenshot, and use it to advertise the superior AI
I would't have thought of that..
Old September 27, 2001, 17:10   #8
Avenoct
Prince

O.k., here's the screenshot amalgam from Kassiopeia's game. These are from the AI faction the Peacemakers, who, for some reason have made 1000+ sattellites! They also have about 100000 EC's. The top row of numbers is from the sattellite-view screen (F6) - nutrient, mineral, energy, ODP. Good to see they arey terraforming fungus as well...go AI!

-Smack
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	amalgam2.bmp
Views:	58
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	3217  
Old September 27, 2001, 17:49   #9
Blake
lifer
PolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of Fame
Beyond the Sword AI Programmer

Local Time: 02:49
Local Date: November 1, 2010

I assume the fungus comes from the 400 or so pops caused by ED.
Old September 27, 2001, 18:05   #10
Avenoct
Prince

True, with 554 Minerals at a base, they probably suffered a wee tad of ecodamage

-Smack
Old September 28, 2001, 16:02   #11
Kassiopeia
Emperor

That's one kickass AI. The Syndicate stood no chance - I mean, Sarita can transcend in four turns if using one base, and in one with supply transports - no sweat.
Note that this was Librarian level. I think I'm not playing Transcend anytime soon