Old September 29, 2001, 03:11   #1
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 08:55
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Now that the release is coming...
What is everyone doing to free up time immediately after you get the game? Are you going to call in sick, plan a "vacation," skip school, ignore the wife/kids?

My current plan is to not sleep for the week after i get my hands on the game. I'm not sure how well that plan will work and I'm sure my roommate would kill me if he heard me clicking the mouse all night long. Any good ideas on how to shut out the outside world?
Old September 29, 2001, 03:35   #2
Simpleton
Prince

Local Time: 06:55
I probably won't buy the game until the new year for a couple of reasons:
1) I want to check out reviews and the Apolyton community's reaction before I through $60 bucks into this game. I have doubts but I hope I'm wrong.
2) I only have a 233 mhz computer and I don't think the game will run on it so I will probably upgrade first (Planning this for the new year).
BUT if the game gets high praise I will probably lock myself in a room for all my waking hours after I do get it....
Old September 29, 2001, 03:40   #3
Warm Beer
Warlord

Local Time: 05:55
I have a coupla days of vacation waiting for the official release date to be announced... might tack it on to a weekend to get a few days of uninterrupted CivIII in before the real-world crashes in and and the not-so-nice men put that funny white jacket on me.
- Mahatma Ghandi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization
Old September 29, 2001, 03:50   #4
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 00:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Ive preordered the LE from America, so im hoping that its arrival will be timed perfectly so that ill hav it the very day i have my last exam at uni. That way, i can then play it without distractions for about 3 months Just got to figure out a way past the food / sleep / girlfriend problems
Old September 29, 2001, 04:07   #5
Bleyn
Warlord

Local Time: 06:55
I'm not sure when I will actually get the game at the moment. But when I do, I know when I will play cause I'll be able to get away with staying up all night long to play at least once a week.

I'm working 12-hour graveyard shifts mid-week right now, and if I want to be alive at the start of the work week, I have to stay up all night long the night before and playing on the computer is a fairly good way to stay awake.

I'll just have to resist playing too much when I get home in the morning during the work week.