Old September 29, 2001, 20:11   #1
aebbeka
Civilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEM
King

Local Time: 07:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Best Buy Preorder
Does anyone know if the preorder at Best Buy is only for the standard edition? If it is, i'm going to kick myself for preordering.
Old September 29, 2001, 21:04   #2
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 06:56
On BestBuy's site, they only have the standard edition listed...so if you preordered on-line from BestBuy, I would say the answer to your question is - Yes.
Old September 29, 2001, 21:32   #3
aebbeka
Civilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEM
King

No, I bought the pre-order box from the store.
Old September 29, 2001, 23:01   #4
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 09:56
Yeah, I was wondering about this as well. I asked the sales clerk that checked me out when I got the pre-order from there, and of course, she had no idea about LE or standard edition.

I will be PI$$ed if they don't get the LEs in, and there will be TITANS unleashed upon the face of the Earth once again! (if I don't get my way.. )
Old September 30, 2001, 03:25   #5
bigfree1

I did the same thing, when I asked about what the 'pre-oder' entitled me to, the manager said that it only really entitled me to the 'video-cd' in the pre-order box. The $10 could be applied to either the regular or th elimited edition once they arrived, but that the $10 did not in any way 'reserve' a copy of either one of the two available forms of the game. I plan to be there very early the day the game is released, maybe even late the night before and see if someone would give me a break by selling me the game then; I'll just explain that I have school very early in the morning, and I'd hate to miss out on getting the limited edition. Maybe an extra 5 or 10 dollars will help them to help me!

Old September 30, 2001, 03:27   #6
Madine
Rise of Nations Multiplayer
Warlord

No one at Best Buy actually knows anything about the products they sell, except that they sell service plans.
Old September 30, 2001, 03:41   #7
bigfree1

If you ever expected more than that from Best Buy, you are worse off than they are!

The only reason to shop there is: the price is right, and it's convienient, like 7-11!

Old September 30, 2001, 03:46   #8
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 09:56
Quote:
Originally posted by Madine
No one at Best Buy actually knows anything about the products they sell, except that they sell service plans.
My god so true.

Best Buy IS.... your local electronics Seven Eleven.