Old September 30, 2001, 15:08   #1
PanzerBane
Settler

Local Time: 13:57
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I just bought CTP2 !

I have owned CTP for a year or two. When I saw CTP2 on the shelves I was sorely tempted. It was $ 50. I waited until the price came down to $29.99 and then I puchased it. I was hoping it was not the same old game i already owned....

I really like the borders. I also like the new diplomacy. The combat system is ok too, I really like the 'retreat' option.

I was kind of bored with CTP, but now i think i will last another few months or so playing this game....

Last edited by PanzerBane; October 2, 2001 at 19:22.
Old September 30, 2001, 15:33   #2
Cube
Warlord

Local Time: 06:57
I take it from your post that you haven't gotten a mod. Go to the mod forum, read the Apolyton pack, medmod, and cradle post, and make your choice. CTP 2 is really bad out of the box, Activision did the same thing they did to CTP they released it to early, those damn greedy bastards. If you're planning on getting medmod wait for the update, it should be posted, in a couple of days.

It's good thing I got here before the CIV 2 trolls. They just lurk these forums and wait for one of these threads and try to discourage people who buy CTP 2, but seeing as how you liked CTP they probably won't discourage you. We have made CTP 2 one of the best Civ games ever By modding it so don't l;et them discourage you. This goes for all newcomers.
Old October 1, 2001, 04:49   #3
Taso_84
Chieftain

Cube, ive got the apolyton pack - I love it - the game is 5 times better, can i also get the medmod and alternate between them using modswapper. Ive never actually played the medmod, not even in CTP1. Is it good?
Old October 1, 2001, 13:39   #4
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 08:57
All of the main Mods (Cradle, Apolyton Pack, MedMod and Absolute State) have been set up to work through ModSwapper, and as far as I can tell, do not have any incompatibilities between them.

Cradle ApolytonPack and Medmod all have running threads in the CTP2 Mod section, so play and post comments there. Absolute State does not have a thread, but feel free to start one.
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
...aisdhieort...dticcok...
Old October 1, 2001, 22:04   #5
Taso_84
Chieftain

They dont have medmod on the Apolyton site, only medmod2 which is still in the alpha stage

Anyone know where i can get the other mods?
Old October 2, 2001, 10:17   #6
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 08:57
MedMod is at
http://apolyton.net/wes/

All other Mods located at
http://www.geocities.com/hexagonia/
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
...aisdhieort...dticcok...
Old October 2, 2001, 19:27   #7
PanzerBane
Settler

Thanks for the info Cube...

I will have to get the Apolyton mod. I really did like CTP even though it had some bugs in it.

I think the interface for CTp2 is much cleaner.. All the info you need is never more than 2or3 clicks away. I always played the hardest level on CTP(once i learned how, and improved). What level do you guys play CTP2 at?

Last edited by PanzerBane; October 2, 2001 at 19:45.
Old October 2, 2001, 21:06   #8
Taso_84
Chieftain

i play 2nd hardest level on both settings. Maurading barbarians are impossible to play against and on "Very Hard" setting, the computer gets off to a really good start, except i always seem to catch up by ~ the middle of the renainsaince.

I've never tried it on impossible but i reckon if u can survive till the start of the industrial age, u'll win cause the computer never builds up their economy
Old October 3, 2001, 01:15   #9
PanzerBane
Settler

Achh! the economy...

I am more of an alexander type player,et al...

As long as there are many barbarians, just keep a slaver,and a good defence force in all your cities...(instant population...)

i enjoy this forum...
More people need to contribute. (instead of just read)..

Last edited by PanzerBane; October 3, 2001 at 01:21.
Old October 10, 2001, 18:08   #10
Sabre2th
King

Local Time: 09:57
Quote:
I just bought CTP2 !
Why?
Old October 10, 2001, 20:47   #11
Dida
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Sabre2th

Why?
I just bought CTP II as well. As soon as I got it, I will make copy, and sell it away. I only spend $8 on this ****. I think I can get around $5 back.

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.
Old October 11, 2001, 01:43   #12
marcuspeddle
Iron CiversCivilization IV PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 22:57
I bought CTP2 and played it for a while then got bored. Then I gave up civ games for awhile until the Civ3 previews gave me the itch to make and empire so I re-installed Civ2. Civ2 finishes too quickly so I loaded up CTP2 on my work computer (I'm not too busy these days because of the exam period and festival period) and I'm enjoying it. It seems to be taking a long time to make my way through history. I might not want to play again for a while after finishing this game but I hope it'll keep me busy until Civ3 comes out.