Old October 1, 2001, 00:03   #1
Nemo
Prince

Local Time: 07:59
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Pre-Order at ebgames.com and get free game
Well, I pre-ordered my limited edition today (might as well get it while they still are available, right? I want the cookie box! ) and on www.ebgames.com (Electronic Boutique) they are offering "Risk II" for free with a pre-order.

I saw some rumors that MOO2 was being shipped with it, but I have not seen that offered anywhere. But, Risk II is definately being offered for free, for both the LE and regular Civ III Pre-Orders.

Just a heads up, in case anyone cares
Old October 1, 2001, 00:18   #2
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 09:59
RISK II is good. I have it.
Old October 1, 2001, 04:48   #3
Earthling7
Mac
Prince

Local Time: 14:59
It is good to get a free game, especially if it is something you really want, but what is free? I pre-ordered the LE yesterday and was shocked at the difference in prizes. Look below for an earlier post. Make sure you shop around...

---

One thing about costs. The LE costs 59.99 everywhere, but the shipping costs vary a lot. I shopped around and found EBgames (recommended by civ3.com) charged 35 bucks to ship it to Europe, while Amazon charged nine! The price difference on this same item is:

EBgames: $94.99
Amazon: $ 68.97

If you're going to pre-order, shop around. It pays off!

No prizes for guessing who is shipping my Tin Box
Old October 4, 2001, 01:45   #4
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 06:59
I too am a Risk fanatic and already have both Risk and Risk II. But I have a BIG gripe with Risk II:

If you want to play a multiplayer game (which I do 99.99% of the time), you can ONLY have Humans in your game (no AIs). If you want to play with AI's you CAN NOT play against other human players!

Even though Risk II has better graphics than Risk, the inability to play against other human players while battleing the AIs has definately lowered my satisfaction with Risk II.

So, even though you can get Risk II for free with your order of Civ3, don't expect a lot out of RiskII.

The inability of RiskII to be playable as a multiplyer game WITH AI influence is a definate handicap in the game's design...maybe this is why it's being given out as a "free-bee"!
Old October 4, 2001, 08:50   #5
Father Beast
King

Local Time: 06:59
I preordered civ3 LE from the EB store and they said they will replicate any web promotion.

Plus, I don't pay for shipping!

BTW, I think the moo2 offer was for preordering from another website

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn
Old October 4, 2001, 11:55   #6
Pembleton
Prince

Will they send the two games separately, and thus you receive Risk 2 as soon as possible? Because I see no point in getting it at the same time as Civ3 when the game will sit on the shelf for at least a few months.

I haven't played a game in over a month, and I wouldn't mind something to hold me over since Civ3 is still not due for another month.
Old October 4, 2001, 20:16   #7
Nemo
Prince

well, i ordered civ III a week ago, and it has 2 day delivery (which means it'll take 3 days to get where i live) and i have not recieved it yet. so i imagine they will come at the same time.

the sad thing is for me is that S&H is actually cheaper than the gas it takes to drive to the city and go to EB two times (onece for the ordering and once for the delivery). man, i cant wait to move back home to civilization!!! (but the farmers daughters are soooo pretty out here, such a tough decision )