Old October 4, 2001, 08:36   #61
Mankind
Warlord

Local Time: 14:59
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Martinus

I just hope they will not spoil the game in Poland by localising it (at least some will be available in original version).

Although I bet it will take ages to get it here.

(Zawsze jednak mozna pojsc na Batorego, nie? )
ok you'ree right ! and again I want to play in english and maybe...lol in Polish

[i can go to "bema" for that-domyslam sie o co chodzilo z "Batorym" o and in warsaw u can go on "stadion X-lecia" but i'll buy right game "on bema" i will go if the orginal version will be only in polish]

hey people what's that?! a polish invasion, polish atack or MAd poles? [this was a joke]

Last edited by Mankind; October 4, 2001 at 08:43.
Old October 4, 2001, 08:47   #62
Martinus
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Mankind

ok you'ree right ! and again I want to play in english and maybe...lol in Polish

[i can go to "bema" for that-domyslam sie o co chodzilo z "Batorym" o and in warsaw u can go on "stadion X-lecia" but i'll buy right game "on bema" i will go if the orginal version will be only in polish]

hey people what's that?! a polish invasion, polish atack or MAd poles? [this was a joke]
Of course I will go for original version, but I was saying the "Batory" version may be available earlier - so in the meantime it could have to do.
Old October 4, 2001, 10:20   #63
Rhuffin
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by campmajor!

I have already pre-ordered the limited edition, so I guess it will arrive here earlier than in the shops. But I will check them as well. If it is there sooner, than I'll buy the standard version in the shop as well. As long as I can play!!
Yes, I think that's the way to go. I've also pre-ordered my copy in the US so that:
- I can play Civ III not too long after the US release
- I can avoid a french only version (whatever effort they put in translation, I just prefer the original language).

I liked the fact that Civ II would allow you to choose between english, french and german right off the box. On the other hand,
Alpha centauri in france was only in french :-( I had to order my version in the US.
Old October 4, 2001, 11:35   #64
Tjoepie
Chieftain

Local Time: 13:59
over-orders at amazon for the LE ?
I agree translating such a game is stupid, but I don't have any trouble finding english versions in Flemish part of Belgium.

The thing that bothers me is the late release, that's why ( as many others ) I ordered my LE at amazon.

Do anyone know how Amazon would treat us in case of an over-order of the LE? Will they automatically send you a normal one?
Old October 4, 2001, 14:11   #65
Staszek
Chieftain

Martinus - how nice to see a guy from my beloved city! (judging by "Bema" expresion)

but since I moved to "X-lecia" (sorry for that codes, I am just playing with words in Polish) city some time ago let put this clear to all you guys, including our Greek friends: the whole idea of buying a pirate copy before the original finally arrives to your shop is wrong. It will simply spoil all fun - you'll start without juicy manual and all that great feeling that comes with new box... NO!!!!

So I am not going to visit all this famous places (X-lecia, Bema, anything) I'd rather wait a month or so.

I tell you... it will be even better for Xmas....
Old October 4, 2001, 20:13   #66
Nemo
Prince

Local Time: 07:59
so, here is my plan:
i pre-order LE. if it comes later than it arrives in the stores, then i will buy it in the store. then when i get the LE in the mail, i will return it to the store. I will get both from the same place so they wont give me any grief
Old October 4, 2001, 20:59   #67
Roman
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Mankind
BTW: I was waching you all looong time, and i just shanged my provider so i signed up
[to Roman: are you on Uni again? ...I remember you from The Big topic about the 7 civs ]
Hello,

I suppose it would be silly to welcome you, since you already spent considerable time on these boards, but welcome to apolyton anyway.

I am indeed back to uni now, so I can access the internet with impunity. Right, I definitely recall the 7 civs topic and I am pleased to say that firaxis has now confirmed there will be 16 civs playable per game.
Old November 7, 2001, 11:27   #68
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 08:59

How many game companies have the logistical infrastructure to pull off a simultaneous worldwide release of a game? They can't all be Blizzard you know.

Goes back to playing Civ 3
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old November 7, 2001, 11:33   #69
Huysmans_666
Chieftain

Maybe I'll get FLAMED 4 this but I like reading all those ppl who live in europe and don't have the game.

I live in the Netherlands and I DO HAVE IT !

It's great ! totally hooked on it !

It's been on my HD for a week now

Well good luck until 28/12 hehehehehehehee

Sorry m8's

Greets
Old November 7, 2001, 21:02   #70
Comrade Tribune
Prince

If you really pester your shopkeeper, he will probably get you the US version -at a price, of course. (I had to pay close to 60$ for the Standard Edition. )
Old November 8, 2001, 12:11   #71
MiVi
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Huysmans_666
Maybe I'll get FLAMED 4 this but I like reading all those ppl who live in europe and don't have the game.

I live in the Netherlands and I DO HAVE IT !

It's great ! totally hooked on it !

It's been on my HD for a week now

Well good luck until 28/12 hehehehehehehee

Sorry m8's

Greets
Huh? I live in holland 2 and i would like to know how you 'accuired' your copy of civ3