Old October 4, 2001, 11:41   #1
Tjoepie
Chieftain

Local Time: 14:07
Local Date: October 31, 2010
What if there are to many pre-orders of the LE?
The thing that bothers me is the late release in Europe, that's why ( as many others ) I just pre-ordered my LE at amazon.

Does anyone know how amazon.com would treat us in case of an over-order of the LE?

Will they automatically send you a normal one or will they e-mail in advance and would that take a lot of time?

I ask, since this is my first on-line order and the main thing for me is to have it ASAP.

Does any-one have any experience with this ?
Old October 4, 2001, 12:15   #2
Ralf
King

Local Time: 15:07
Quote:
Originally posted by Tjoepie
Will they automatically send you a normal one or will they e-mail in advance and would that take a lot of time?
No that would be unethical. They cant send you any other version then the one you have ordered. If LE is outsold, then they should send you an e-mail, asking if you will wait, or buy the SE-version. Also, they wont draw the money from your account, until they actually have a physical copy to send to you.
Old October 4, 2001, 17:03   #3
Rege
Chieftain

One question Tjopie, how did you order from Amazon? When I tried it said they could only send to America or their protectorates(whatever that means). So Portugal was not included...

I'm very worried about the limited edition not enough too, perhaps it's just hype and there's enough to go around but on the other hand...

I just hope if they can't send me an E-mail from where I've ordered it - Gamestop - if they don't have enough LE so I can ask for the regular one...
Old October 4, 2001, 17:08   #4
Sabre2th
King

Local Time: 10:07
I believe the original Amazon started in the U.S., so that may not work. I do know that there are international versions of the website. I would check to see if there is one for Portugal. If that doesn't work, you can always find another site that sells it.
Old October 5, 2001, 07:28   #5
Rege
Chieftain

I've already ordered some stuff from the US Amazon site. Civ 3 seems to be different. I don't want to order from UK amazon, shiping in November.

Well, ordered from Gamestop. Does anyone know if they can be fully trusted? ( I guess if they are recommended by Apolyton they must be...)
Old October 5, 2001, 09:06   #6
Tjoepie
Chieftain

I ordered my LE on the US site of Amazon (billing me in $) I hope they will send it from the US ASAP and not from somewhere in Europe when its availeble here.
Since that is why I order online in the US -> to get it earlier.

On the release date and following days I'll check my account at Amazon to see if it is on it's way, otherwise I'll cancel the order.

For Rege : I had no problem ordering from the US to Belgium ( at least not that I know of).
You should check at the Amazon US website in there listing for software if Portugal is included.

I just checked for you and indeed Portugal is NOT included, sorry
only to :
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Canada
China
Denmark
Finland
Germany
Great Britain
Ireland
Italy
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan

Last edited by Tjoepie; October 5, 2001 at 09:17.
Old October 5, 2001, 15:15   #7
DeviantBoi
Settler

Local Time: 07:07
After reading that pre-orders for the LE were running high, I e-mailed EBGames and asked them if they thought that they were going to have problems fulfilling their orders for the LE. Their response was that at that time they expected to fulfill all the orders for the LE.

That was last week or the week before that, I believe. So I know I have my LE guaranteed. =) I hope everyone pre-ordered in time!!

Jesse.

Edit: And to those who live outside the US (particularly in Europe), check around your local business to see if there are any that offer a physical address in the States. That's what I do. Even though I live in Honduras, Central America, I have an address in Miami (my courier's office ... associated with FedEx) where I receive all my packages. They then ship it to Honduras ... takes four days in total, at most, from the time it ships from EBGames (with overnight shipping).
tausend nackte weiber auf dem männerpissoir

Last edited by DeviantBoi; October 5, 2001 at 15:20.
Old October 5, 2001, 15:50   #8
Rege
Chieftain

I ordered mine in 23 September from Gamestop hope it was enough.
I also had a bad experience with Ebgames - I ordered normally then got an E-mail saying that I needed to respond by E-mail which I did... 3 days later an E-mail saying my order was cancelled... I PHONED to the US from Portugal and they said they would solve it and send an E-mail - I'm still waiting.

For Tjopie : Seems like Portugal being on the UE and Nato isn't enough for Amazon to ship... Then again it only happened with Civ3 cause I've already ordered 3 books from there...

Oh well, the hell with Amazon...
Old October 5, 2001, 17:59   #9
SITS
King

I ordered my LE today from amazon.com just to make sure I get that version. I also ordered it through Apolyton as they get a % of the sales.

I've read that there are only 75k LE's but I'm not sure if that is world-wide or just the states...
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old October 5, 2001, 18:03   #10
Earthling7
Mac
Prince

Local Time: 15:07
Quote:
Originally posted by SITS
I've read that there are only 75k LE's but I'm not sure if that is world-wide or just the states...
AFAIK it's worldwide. I ordered mine on 30.10, hope that's enough.
Old October 5, 2001, 20:34   #11
Swissy
Civilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMRise of Nations MultiplayerIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerBtS Tri-League

Local Time: 09:07
75K will be more than enough. Everytime I go to Software Etc (A Gamestop store) I see various LE of other games sitting on the shelf. And those were much more limited than 75K.

Apolyton has a little under 12K members, and not all of them are interested in Civ3. That's 6 LE games for every member. You'll be seeing those LE games up on the shelf well into 2002.

As for shipping the game from US to other parts of the world. I believe Amazon can ship to any country that has software copyright laws similar to the US, or have signed on to some international sftware copyright treaty.
Old October 5, 2001, 21:01   #12
SITS
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Swissy
75K will be more than enough. Everytime I go to Software Etc (A Gamestop store) I see various LE of other games sitting on the shelf. And those were much more limited than 75K.

Apolyton has a little under 12K members, and not all of them are interested in Civ3. That's 6 LE games for every member. You'll be seeing those LE games up on the shelf well into 2002.

As for shipping the game from US to other parts of the world. I believe Amazon can ship to any country that has software copyright laws similar to the US, or have signed on to some international sftware copyright treaty.
I don't want to upset anybody but I suspect that 'Poly isn't the only place that discusses Civ related stuff - let alone the people who just play with themselves...
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna