Old October 5, 2001, 17:14   #1
Dknight
Settler

Local Time: 14:13
Local Date: October 31, 2010
If I made an alternative to Mounted Warrior
I can't say I'm an expert on Iroquois' history, but I have taken a few courses on Canadian Native history. In warfare, the best thing that the Iroquois did were ambushes from the woods and good knowledge of the land (compare to the British, French). So if I could make an alternative to the Mounted Warrior I would make a type of Tribal Warrior instead.

Probably a 2-1-1 warrior, who have a larger sight of its surroundings or have better bonuses in the terrains. (like better defense advantages while in a forest)
Old October 5, 2001, 17:27   #2
Mars
Prince

Local Time: 09:13
Thats a pretty good idea but it might make their unit too weak. Hey, at least it is more historcally accurate though
Old October 5, 2001, 17:29   #3
Akron
Prince

Local Time: 09:13
Personally, I would like to see more advanced unique units. There are simply too many from the ancient ages, and the attack values seem to be pathetically low.

Anyway, we already have a warrior based UU in the Aztecs, and I'm not particularly impressed by it.
Old October 5, 2001, 17:42   #4
SITS
King

Local Time: 14:13
It would make sense to have Iroquois unit that has maybe an increased movement rate in difficult terrain or even some stealth capability. This would, as you say, fit in more with history.
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old October 5, 2001, 18:15   #5
Footie Mad
Prince

Local Time: 15:13
There would be to many UUs replacing the warrior if the Iroquis had one I think, make it a mounted unit simply for gameplay reasons.
It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars