Old October 6, 2001, 13:44   #1
Dida
Prince

Local Time: 14:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
What Mod should I get?
I just got my CTP2. Seems like this game is crap w/o the mods. What Mods should I get? and in what order should I install them?

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.
Old October 6, 2001, 16:50   #2
Myth
Settler

Local Time: 00:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
BTW, the titles are hyperlinks.

ModSwapper
Modswapper is the most important download I will list. As it's name suggests it enables the swapping of mod's easily and without overwriting. A must have if you plan on using mods.

Apolyton by Dale
The Apolyton pack is rare in the sense that it doesn't add any new units to the game. What it does add, however, is many AI and game improvements. More like a patch than a mod, this pack implements many fixes, and is perfect if you don't want to be swamped with new units and buildings. It adds the option of very large maps aswell. Well worth the download if you want to play with the original units.

Cradle by Hexagonia
Cradle is a mod that focuses on the earlier stages of the game, and it does this VERY well. It implements new units, ages, buildings, wonders and advances. The start of the game is no longer tedious, and the mod features improvements of the AI through SLIC's like diplomod and Martin's Mods. Other improvements include immortal wombat's disaster SLIC. The AI is great, and can sometimes be a challenge. This mod is fantastic, especially during the earlier times, and is well worth the downloading.

Medieval Mod by WesW
Medieval Mod adds new units, like cradle, but doesn't limit it's additions to the earlier ages. It features new units, ages, buildings, advances and wonders, along with numerous improvements on the gameplay. It features many improvements in the Modern Age, resulting in a great end to a game around this time. This is a fantastic mod, and is well worth downloading.

Absolute State by Pedrunn
I have downloaded Absolute State, but I have not yet played it, because I have too many games in progress. It requires the installation of MedMod, and does something about the ages. Not sure exactly, so I am unsure of recommending it, but I am sure that it would be worth the download (~1.5mb).

To Dida
I recommend getting all of the above mods, that is all there is, the other mods found on hexagonia's page are featured in his mod anyway. The order doesn't matter, presumably MedMod must be installed before Absolute State, but other than that, there is only one incompatability between the mods, a minor graphics problem between Cradle and MedMod.

Personal Note
I would like to take the chance to send out a thanks to the following people who have dedicated so much to improve the game:
Hexagonia, WesW, Pedrunn, Dale, Player1, Immortal Wombat, Martin Gühmann, The Guy Who Created Modswapper ???, Peter Triggs, Martin The Dane.
Great work guys
Old October 6, 2001, 17:38   #3
Dida
Prince

I can only use one of those mods at a time right?

Old October 7, 2001, 01:43   #4
Myth
Settler

Local Time: 00:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Only one mod can be implemented at any particular moment. There is no need for more than one of them to be active however. All mods have AI fixes. All mods have gameplay fixes. All mods support mega-large maps. They just have different sorts. It would be great if you could start with cradle and end with medmod, but i don't know if this could be done.
Old October 7, 2001, 13:02   #5
Dida
Prince

do I need the office patch from Activision?

Old October 7, 2001, 13:56   #6
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 15:15
Yes. For all 4