Old October 11, 2001, 22:22   #1
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 09:32
Local Date: October 31, 2010
FMK's Battle of Stalingrad?
whatever happened to this scenario? I was looking at some older pages and noticed the thread about it had been locked
Old October 11, 2001, 22:34   #2
jerkwaterbox
Warlord

Check out the 'Graphics Showcase' thread, there is mention of it in there. Check page one.

"I regret nothing and apologize for less." -My motto
Old October 12, 2001, 02:07   #3
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 00:32
Local Date: November 1, 2010
FMK has said that it'll be out later this year. There's also a nice preview of it on the Civfanatics Scenario Creation Board
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old October 12, 2001, 02:11   #4
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

great! now i can post on two fourms about the same topic, Post Count boost here I come!
Old October 12, 2001, 09:57   #5
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

News
Awhile ago FMK had to redo a lot of units and slots and so that has taken time, but now it is out in playtest the new version and it should be finished eventually
Old October 12, 2001, 13:58   #6
Grothgar
Prince

Local Time: 14:32
I am one of those lucky enough to be playtesting it. Im just going to say that its a really good scenario and not comment on how far i go too quickly for FMK. hes finnished the first 2 event phases as far as i know and he had 3 (or 4) events files to do and then i do believe it will be finnished. now im going to wait for FMK's blessing before i show some jpegs of my success

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old October 12, 2001, 14:02   #7
H Tower

*keeps hitting refresh in the hopes i'll see those jpegs as soon as possible*
Old October 12, 2001, 14:06   #8
Grothgar
Prince

Well FMK has to say its alright. so badger him until he gives in then i have 4 jpegs of my impending triumph in the bloody streets of stalingrad

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old October 12, 2001, 14:11   #9
Paul Hanson
King

Local Time: 15:32
Under no circumstances are you to post those pictures.

Smarmy git.
Old October 12, 2001, 14:13   #10
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Grothgar
I am one of those lucky enough to be playtesting it. Im just going to say that its a really good scenario and not comment on how far i go too quickly for FMK. hes finnished the first 2 event phases as far as i know and he had 3 (or 4) events files to do and then i do believe it will be finnished. now im going to wait for FMK's blessing before i show some jpegs of my success
I saw those (as another tester) and I was mightily impressed by them too
Your version of the scenario is slightly newer than mine tough (there where some changes to make it easier) that must be why you where doing so much bettter than me
I think a harder version of the scenario is underway though, so those screenshots might be outdated...
Old October 12, 2001, 14:17   #11
Grothgar
Prince

Well what can i say henrik. maybe it was easier but still i think my progress when above and beyond the call of duty. I expect to be honoured with an Iron Cross, and promoted to fuhrer
And if the screenshots are outdated so what lol. bring on the next version
And paul i like being smarmy dont get to be it more than im not

Old October 12, 2001, 15:48   #12
klesh
King

Local Time: 10:32
Damn... all this attention
Makes me feel special....

Here where she is at. She has very complex events. I have re-done them several times to make them more difficult. Then, along comes grothgar and kicks the scenario's arse way beyond what I thought the player would be able to do. So now I suppose its back to the drawing board yet again (read: 5th events re-do). There are currently 2 out of the 6 phases written. I want to be sure that the ones I have are fiinal before I go making new phases.

The game as it is now (phases 1, 2) is very playable... with sounds and all the goddies. Pretty much all is done save a few minor last minute type things.

It seems that those who I send her to to be playtested don't get back to me that often. So maybe it sucks... i dunno.

I was thinking of trying to finish all the phases, then open it for a limited playtest... like maybe 10 new people, and making last the changes before sending it out to 'polyton and CF. But I don't know. Maybe I should ask for more imput from you guys? What do y'all think?

This is my first time making a scenario you know, so I dont really know the best way to go about these types of things.

-FMK
Old October 12, 2001, 16:27   #13
H Tower

Re: Damn... all this attention
Quote:
Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh

What do y'all think?

This is my first time making a scenario you know, so I dont really know the best way to go about these types of things.

-FMK
I think you should release some teaser pictures, maybe the ones that grothgar has?
Old October 12, 2001, 16:31   #14
klesh
King

In the fine tradition of MWHC...
Oh yeah, and I got a new girlfriend now too...

More Civ time down the drain...lol

-FMK.
Old October 12, 2001, 16:36   #15
klesh
King

Re: Re: Damn... all this attention
Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
I think you should release some teaser pictures, maybe the ones that grothgar has?

But those basically show the totally defeated Soviets and huge stacks of German units... not exactly what I want to show of the scenario.
Old October 12, 2001, 17:26   #16
Grothgar
Prince

Tis true not what you really want to see as this part of the scenario seeing as your not really supposed to get this far
So yep i wont show them and sorry to everyone for delaying the release of this scenario by annihilating it. dont come after me and kill me or anything
And send the newest version to me when you can FMK i wont be slow in getting back to you. For better or worse
So sorry guys No jpegs. Thats FMKs priority

Old October 12, 2001, 17:28   #17
Grothgar
Prince

Also the jpegs are over 200k in size and i cant really be bothered to reduce them. got a scenario to do and also got to make more maps. Im obsessed with them
Oh yeah and why didnt i edit the other post to add this well what can i say i want to be a prince

Old October 12, 2001, 18:32   #18
Paul Hanson
King

Re: Damn... all this attention
Quote:

Here where she is at. She has very complex events. I have re-done them several times to make them more difficult. Then, along comes grothgar and kicks the scenario's arse way beyond what I thought the player would be able to do.
Strange, because he isn`t that good. Let`s say that playing Crises of the New World Order against the computer is more challenging than playing against Grothgar.
Old October 12, 2001, 18:52   #19
Grothgar
Prince

yeah right lol. and also crisis is an empire building game really and im better at the all out war kinda games. i mean i kcick your ass on red front dont i paul

Old October 12, 2001, 18:54   #20
Paul Hanson
King

I knew you`d bring that up.
Old October 12, 2001, 19:05   #21
Grothgar
Prince

what can i say im petty

Old November 11, 2001, 19:31   #22
H Tower

how bout that scenario? i know, i know, i'm impatient.
Old November 12, 2001, 15:14   #23
klesh
King

Update..
Well, here's the deal. I have been rather distracted to say the least recently...by many a thing. Anyway, with all theis dissapointment (including my own) regarding CivIII, I think that I will be devoting fulltime work onto Stalingrad. I really havent done much to it in awhile. But I have other ideas a brewin', and the realization that it isn't worth it to wait for CivIII to get it's act together makes me want to finish up on Stalingrad and get a few other things going.

It really is just a matter of scripting things properly, then using feedback to alter unit stats for that particular phase etc... It is also a matter of how picky do I want to be? There are ideas that seem to work, and other that may not. I am excited to get going on iut again though. It is so near completion that I simply could not abandon it.

-FMK.
Old November 12, 2001, 16:32   #24
Grothgar
Prince

Just as long as you send it to me for testing
See if you can stop me this time
Stalingrad will be mine!!!!

Old November 12, 2001, 16:57   #25
H Tower

i never did get to see though screen shots...
Old November 12, 2001, 17:01   #26
Case
Emperor

Is there any chance of some more screen shots

(btw, if you need more testers, I'd be happy to help )
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
Old November 12, 2001, 17:39   #27
Hobbes
Warlord

Local Time: 07:32
Quote:
more screen shots
damn right! A Scenario League Thread, just isn't a Scenario League Thread, without the tangy zip of screenshots...... whip.

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer
Old November 12, 2001, 22:55   #28
Case
Emperor

Hey Hobbes, how's your WW1 scenario going?
Old November 13, 2001, 00:15   #29
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 22:32
Quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes

damn right! A Scenario League Thread, just isn't a Scenario League Thread, without the tangy zip of screenshots...... whip.
Yes please!
Also the units.gif for people to rip off ... er, appropriate, would be handy too
Old November 13, 2001, 00:55   #30
Cal
Prince

Re: Update..
Quote:
It is so near completion that I simply could not abandon it.
Pardon me for asking, but how near, exactly?
A month?
A week?
A day?

I'm really looking forward to this...