Old November 13, 2001, 21:25   #211
[LordLMP]

Darkcloud, Caretakers land at Mount Planet :P and having the two aliens close to each other will only make their existance on Chiron pretty short. No Core territory of any faction be beating landed on by aliens and then trashed by them.

kass, okay Pirate won't be landing on believer coastal bases...possibly take He Who Walks on Water, Pirates won't be expecting to make the Base productive i quite awhile after capturing it if there is still decent amount of civilians in the base.

Sprayber, okay... Free Drones will declare cease fire...but will covertly try to retake the base...and the civilians causing constant Civil Disorder.... won't be as easy to control the base like UN Data Acquisition (unless the Spartans crazy to use nerve gas on the base during the attack). ...but that base will be smaller and less populated compare to the 2-3 bases the Hive captures ...and the Free Drone hate the Hive more then the Spartans.
so when things calm down a bit with the Usurpers...Free Drones will break the cease fire and do all out attack to recapture its bases. In the long run, they will get their bases back or oblirated

As for Fleet Anchorage...thats why Sweetdream was created stun the majority of the defenders and civilians, making it harder for the defender to do its Last Stand thing... and Pirate Navy will finish off any spartan ships in the area, especially near the base. And you can't exactly self-destruct a base :P Pirates won't expect to be able to make the base productive for quite awhile...but aslong the Spartans don't have any seabases, they are happy they will be happy enough to practicly eliminate the Spartan Navy too (like maybe all the cruisers are dead or captured? )
Of course, spartans can try to retake or destroy the base afterwards oh and pirates won't give the base back, even in exchange to release the Free Drone base......and Athen Outpost will probebly destroyed...with some beating up Pirate units retreat into Free Drone territory.

-LMP
Old November 13, 2001, 22:11   #212
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 14:32
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by [LordLMP]
Darkcloud, Caretakers land at Mount Planet :P and having the two aliens close to each other will only make their existance on Chiron pretty short. No Core territory of any faction be beating landed on by aliens and then trashed by them.
Ah, but see, that is the point, they crash near each other, then one of them moves off the island; commandeers a ship and sets up a colony on the mainland.
Old November 13, 2001, 23:17   #213
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 09:32
Well, I just cant see the Spartans ending a war while a Spartan base is controlled by another faction. You can say that you take the base, but let the Spartans return to it later and destroy it. Becuase any other way, the Spartans won't let the Pirates keep it as a matter of principle. I'm really not trying to be difficult here, I'm just stating how I feel the Spartans and Santiago are. They just don't stop. They would rather see a base in ashes then in the hands of someone else. If it takes them 50 years they will either destroy it or retake it. My whole reasoning was never to keep the drone base at all. Truth be told, Santiago despises the prospect of having other people be called Spartans. Remember when they drove the PK to the island. They didn't want their bases(except war outpost). They just wanted the Pks off the continent.

Oh and as another matter of principle, the Spartans will continue to build sea bases. Becuase one day they just might catch the Pirates busy with something else. Possibly if for some reason the Upsurpers can be convinced that in order to get to their objective, they first must concentrate on one faction in particular since all the rest are of no concern.

guardian: what exactly is the PK view on all this
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2001, 11:13   #214
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 16:32
Well, that depends on what exactly "all this" turns out to be, but we basically don't much like any of it...

Sorry, don't have time for more right now...
Old November 14, 2001, 11:20   #215
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

By the way, I most definitely don't have time for both this and your new thing, so I'm gonna have to focus on one of them. Even then, I can't promise much any time soon... So, I'd like to know where you need me most and I'll put in whatever time I can spare, okay?

Sorry to say, but reality does catch up with me too at times...
Old November 14, 2001, 14:56   #216
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 17:32
Guardian! The PK's will be vanguished without your guidance!

Quote:
Pirate won't be landing on believer coastal bases...possibly take He Who Walks on Water, Pirates won't be expecting to make the Base productive i quite awhile after capturing it if there is still decent amount of civilians in the base.
Old November 14, 2001, 16:16   #217
[LordLMP]

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkCloud

Ah, but see, that is the point, they crash near each other, then one of them moves off the island; commandeers a ship and sets up a colony on the mainland.
They would mostly likely try to kill each other before doing something like :P that is why they will crash away from each other :P and Pirates and or whoever will intercept and sink the colony pod anyway... better then having aliens spread all over the place.

It is better that Caretakers go to Mount Planet and Usurpers Isle of Deiniera... they have room to expand without always bumping into human bases...and only secondary bases of various factions will be affected initially.

Also brings out more fun and scenarios....like PCB being in one the aliens way and have combine faction defence there later on in the game.

-LMP
Old November 14, 2001, 23:17   #218
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Good idea LMP.

Guardian- a quick tip for quicker posting
Just read the 'buzzwords' "spartans, peackeepers" and only read the sections in peoples posts about them- then you can shorten your reading time
Old November 14, 2001, 23:34   #219
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Guardian
By the way, I most definitely don't have time for both this and your new thing, so I'm gonna have to focus on one of them. Even then, I can't promise much any time soon... So, I'd like to know where you need me most and I'll put in whatever time I can spare, okay?

Sorry to say, but reality does catch up with me too at times...

you could just post the same thing on the different stories.

But I would say that we need you here more. Cause over there we have all kinds of talent. And you could always drop in and do a guest post or something. You know kind of like ever so often you would see Batman in a Superman cartoon.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old November 14, 2001, 23:36   #220
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Good idea LMP.

Guardian- a quick tip for quicker posting
Just read the 'buzzwords' "spartans, peackeepers" and only read the sections in peoples posts about them- then you can shorten your reading time
If you listen to Darkcloud, you will have Spartans knocking on your door before you realized they stopped using the "buzzwords" Darkcloud mentioned.
Old November 15, 2001, 04:59   #221
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia
Guardian! The PK's will be vanguished without your guidance!
What the...?!?

We can't have that! I'm gonna have to have a serious word with my boss and my wife or something...

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber

I would say that we need you here more. Cause over there we have all kinds of talent. And you could always drop in and do a guest post or something. You know kind of like ever so often you would see Batman in a Superman cartoon.
Hmmm... for some reason, I don't like the idea of leaving the Peacekeepers hanging out to dry in between these guest appearances of mine... -and I'm not sure how well it would work to share them with somebody else...

So... you're really going to play both games at the same time??

Well...

I'll try...
Old November 15, 2001, 06:19   #222
Sprayber
Emperor

The beauty of Beyond Alpha Centauri is that you can move at your own pace. I mean here we are kind of left hanging sometimes when a poster is gone for an extended time. In that one if a poster has to be gone, then the other person he is engaged in a war or other situations with can then focus on internal problems or historical aspects or problems on another front. If you are going to play the Pks, take a look at my time line cause the spartans have been in a war with the Pks once on upon a time. I left it pretty even actually with lots of room for pk revenge. Some people will write a lot of character, faction, or situation developement. While others will still go for the fast and furious diplomatic backtalk.

BTW, All of you guys that are not from the US should go to the OT forum and check out the "Who has improved in English the most thread." I spoke up for you guys.
Old November 15, 2001, 06:42   #223
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

I already looked at it briefly, but haven't had time to think about it much as of yet...

Anyway, it sounds like we could probably make this work one way or another. I've been pretty busy for the past couple of weeks and I don't see an end of it yet, but I guess it won't always be like this. I'll stay on board then.
Old November 15, 2001, 13:33   #224
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
BTW, All of you guys that are not from the US should go to the OT forum and check out the "Who has improved in English the most thread." I spoke up for you guys.
There are not UK posters here? Or Canadians (ones with English first and French second, mind you.)
Why, that was nice. But, as far as I see it my English wasn't so much worse then before Apolyton. But here you can catch some nice idioms or phrases.
But, there are times when I think that it would be easier to express your thoughts in Finnish.
Old November 15, 2001, 13:43   #225
[LordLMP]

Quote:

There are not UK posters here? Or Canadians (ones with English first and French second, mind you.)
Why, that was nice. But, as far as I see it my English wasn't so much worse then before Apolyton. But here you can catch some nice idioms or phrases.
But, there are times when I think that it would be easier to express your thoughts in Finnish.
It depends where your from in Canada....in Quebec and some parts of Ontario, French is first...and a lot ofcases, some can only speak French and there is people that can only speak English (further west of Canada). But in Ontario, there is probebly an higher concentration of bilingual speaking people, speaking both English and French.

Me, i my english is okay....just writing sucks and have the bad habit of not editing my writing.

-LMP
Old November 15, 2001, 14:58   #226
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Quote:

-Express my thoughts in Finnish?!?
I'd rather not. I don't understand a word of it and I speak it even less...

I some times have similar problems in reverse though.
There are times when I find it easier to express myself in English than in Norwegian.
Old November 15, 2001, 17:00   #227
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Blame Mika Häkkinen! He teached that to me. "When you come in to the corner, you have to be very careful."

Quote:
There are times when I find it easier to express myself in English than in Norwegian.
Try translating to take for granted. At least when you do it the Finnish way, it sucks big time.

But to get back on topic:

When is the time warp happening?
So far everything proposed suits to me, so as far as I am concerned, go for it.

But... what's going on with Cyber? Haven't heard of him.
Old November 15, 2001, 23:36   #228
DarkCloud
staff

Quote:
When is the time warp happening?
After the resolution to the little nervegasthing... that should be done very quickly- i think I posted all I needed to- then we can go forward.

Where IS Cyber?
Old November 15, 2001, 23:39   #229
DarkCloud
staff

Quote:

Norge est god sprack... hadda bra
Old November 16, 2001, 05:45   #230
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Quote:

Norge est god sprack... hadda bra

Jeg er imponert!

[I'm impressed!]

Det var ikke perfekt, men det virket!

[It wasn't perfect, but it worked! ]

Oh, and kass...

to take for granted = å ta for gitt

No problem!

(But there are other things that don't work quite so good when you try to translate them...)
Old November 16, 2001, 18:05   #231
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
to take for granted = å ta for gitt

No problem!
Sjutton! Men i Finland måste man lära sig svensk.

That didn't go right, but who cares?
Old November 16, 2001, 19:03   #232
DarkCloud
staff

Quote:

Jeg er imponert!

[I'm impressed!]

Det var ikke perfekt, men det virket!

[It wasn't perfect, but it worked! ]

jeg var fodt i Norge.

tre år siden jeg var tilbaken.
Old November 16, 2001, 21:25   #233
Sprayber
Emperor

Ok guys, there are many threads for that in the OT.
Old November 17, 2001, 10:39   #234
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Quote:

Sjutton! Men i Finland måste man lära sig svensk.

That didn't go right, but who cares?
Yeah, well, I understood that one...

Quote:

jeg var fodt i Norge.

tre år siden jeg var tilbaken.
Vel, det forklarer jo en ting eller to...
Old November 18, 2001, 14:53   #235
DarkCloud
staff

Well, I may as well start a new discussions thread- and a new story thread, since the story seems to have disappeared for now

-
Yes, that does explain it Guardian
Old November 19, 2001, 10:06   #236
Clear Skies
Prince

Well, thanks for asking me. I was on the verge of unveiling Project Delta...

University are overpowering again if you ask me - but then I love taking underpowered factions so it kinda keeps me happy...

Also no-one appears to be able to spell Deianira - we've had everything from Denira to Deidreana.
"Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman
Clear Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2001, 11:58   #237
DarkCloud
staff

You asked that about 2 weeks ago- if you want to post it you can- I thought you wanted to reveal it in the new game- no one posted in the game for 3 days and all anyone was talking about was the new game- if you want to post it- post it, we wont start the new game- all I did was compile info in one place for the game.
Old November 19, 2001, 15:03   #238
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Quote:

Yes, that does explain it Guardian
Yep. So it seems.

-Dette begynner å bli skummelt... han forstår mer enn jeg hadde regnet med...