Old July 7, 2000, 10:55   #1
Deathwalker
Prince

Local Time: 22:40
Local Date: October 30, 2010
A nes user to Civ 2 MGE
Can someone help me? I just got MGE and I think it's quite good, the one problem is that at the end of each turn on a single player game, all computer players are reset to hate me, this happens every turn, All I do is fight wars, in fact I have gone back to Civ2 normal just to play a propper game, can any one help.
Old July 7, 2000, 19:09   #2
Sten Sture
Emperor

Local Time: 14:40
Local Date: October 30, 2010
This is a common problem, but there are some things you can do to minimize the AI's aggressiveness. I posted a bunch of stuff in a couple of threads several months ago. I'll try to dig them up. One was the OCC Fortnight #2 tread from back in January or February.

A couple of basic things you can do
1) Make alliances early while you are not too strong - and do whatever it takes to get good alliances.
2) Share (yes-give away) your techs with the AI, especially your allies or wannabe allies.
3) Trade maps regularly - from early on.
4) Never attack first - make someone attack you and your allies will also declare war on the aggressor.
5) Once you ally is fighting your attacker - sign a cease-fire, then get them to attack you again if your ally makes peace with them.
6) Don't grow too fast - it makes the AI think you are too strong. Build infrastructure until you are ready to be hated and attacked.
7) Eventually everyone gangs up on you, so be prepared defensively for that occurance.
8) Establish embassies early and don't contact anyone that is madder than neutral unless you are prepared to declare war on anyone they are fighting and give them a bunch of stuff.