Old October 16, 2001, 01:21   #31
korn469
Emperor

Local Time: 09:37
Local Date: October 31, 2010
i have came full circle, and i now believe that culture will be one of the weakest deterents to ICS

with growth rate changes, unit support, and 2 pop settlers being the triad that changes ICS
Old October 16, 2001, 11:39   #32
gremalkin
Chieftain

Local Time: 14:37
It seems to me that Firaxis have done their ultimate best to put ics to the sword..

Is it not far more likely that new concepts will hold the key to easy win strategies??

I suggest Inordinate Culture Sleaze... Or ics..
Old October 16, 2001, 12:11   #33
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 15:37
ICS in its Civ 2 state will not exist but there is bound to be an alternative.

In all the screenshots we have seen the cities are all small even in later ages. There has to be a reason for that since hard to fill food boxes are supposedly a thing of the past. If the buildings that lift size expansion caps are hard to research or build then the big city strategy is going to be impossible too. Instead we get some middle road where expanding as many cities as possible to size 8 becomes optimal.

Once you hit a ceiling its obviously better to have more cities rather than less. The border cities then maximise culture to protect the culturally weak inner core which churn out the military and group them into plenty of armies. Owning plenty of coastline may become advantageous because it forms a solid barrier to cultural encroachment from that direction. We will just have to wait and find out.