Old October 13, 2001, 11:42   #1
Avenoct
Prince

Local Time: 09:38
Local Date: October 31, 2010
NCC02--Team Morgan No Crawler Challenge Succession Game!
Game on!

Turn Order

Scipio
Blake
JohnD
Zakharov
Smack
-Others might join.
Signup and Rules Thread

-Smack
Attached Files:
File Type: zip morgan-ncc2-2101.sa.zip (23.3 KB, 2 views)
Old October 13, 2001, 15:42   #2
Scipio Centaurus
Prince

Local Time: 14:38
2101 - Touchdown! Unity surveys indicate a large world with perhaps an even split between land and sea. We have landed in the deep southern latitudes along the eastern seaboard of a medium sized landmass. We shall call this island paradise, New New Zealand! We must learn the ecological systems of this harsh planet so that we may alter them to suit our purposes.

2102 - Our headquarters base, Morgan Industries, is founded near a sheltered bay that provides access to the eastern ocean.

2105 - Morgan Antimatter founded due south of Morgan Industries. Again the base is placed to take strategic advantage of sheltered inland waterways with ocean access.

2108 - Our researchers have mastered the planet's ecosystems [Centauri Ecology]. The terraformer designs will go into production immediately. I have ordered our researchers to focus their efforts equally on theoretical science and infrastructure.

One of our scout units reports that they encountered some sort of horrific alien lifeform - a 'boil' of writhing worms that induced psychic terror in the scouts. We may never know the reason for this 'attack' as our scouts easily dispatched this threat.

What a pleasant surprise! A transport foil has just sailed into Morgan Industries harbor. It is flying an orange flag with some sort of theological icon. Let's see who it is! Why it's the good Sister Miriam, leader of the Lord's Believers [Noncommital/Pathetic]. She seems to be a woman of reason. I think we can do a deal. We trade Centauri Ecology for Social Psych and also Industrial Base for her world maps. We sign a formal Treaty of Friendship with the Lord's Believers. The tranport foil departs heading in a northerly direction before disappearing from our radar. [Aside: Believers headquarters - New Jerusalem - is on a very small island directly east of New New Zealand. I recommend we quickly colonize the eastern seaboard, lest Miriam establishes a foothold]

2111 - Another scout unit encountered a 'mindworm' boil. Once again, the intrepid scouts destroy the infestation.

2112 = Our researchers have learned Biogenetics. I have instructed them to continue their research efforts into both theoretical sciences and infrastructure.

Our first terraformer batallion has been organized at Morgan Antimatter! They will construct a road into a nearby area of land that is rich in minerals and then plant forests so that our workers can reap the bounty. Morgan Antimatter has begun production of a new colonization team.

Another mindworm boil succumbs to our mighty scout forces!

2115 Summary
--------------
>Our research priorities are currently Discover and Build.
>Our former [and hence colony pod] production is a little bit farther behind than I would like. Our HQ only has 1 MIN in its best mineral square.
>The Believers will feel compelled to expand off of their island fairly soon. We have a Treaty, but there is still far too much unclaimed land on New New Zealand.
>The garrison at Morgan Antimatter is away from their post. I wanted to survey a bit of land around the base. They should probably get back to the base quickly.

- CEO Scipio Centaurus, Team Morgan

Last edited by Scipio Centaurus; October 13, 2001 at 16:46.
Old October 13, 2001, 15:44   #3
Scipio Centaurus
Prince

Here's the file.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip ncc02-2115.zip (30.5 KB, 0 views)
Old October 13, 2001, 17:37   #4
Blake
lifer
PolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of Fame
Beyond the Sword AI Programmer

Local Time: 03:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
And so it came to pass that CEO Blake took the reins of Morgan Industries at MY2115
- Team Morgan Chronicles, Datalinks.
Well, a few comments. A bit too much support is used up on scout patrols, might have to disband a few of those. Especially the ones closer to home, that'll support more formers which will allow operation 'forest'n'forget'.

MY2115: Changed production at Morgan Antimatter from CP to Formers. (It wont grow before the CP is finished anyway)

2116: Moved Scout patrols. Rushbuyed formers at Morgan Industries. Nothing else exciting happened.

2117: Formers move to start forest on Nut bonus at Morgan Industries. Rushbuy formers at Antimatter. Ordered a green scout to return home for disbandage. Killed one of those hideous worms.

2118: 2nd former at Antimatter starts building a road to the plains to the west, near the river dubbed "Wairou River". I reconsider the fate of the Scout Patrol and send him worm hunting. Start CP at Antimatter.
Forest completed at Antimatter! The influx of wood will provide construction materials and energy.

2119: Nothing exciting. The first former at antimatter is now moving south of Antimatter to build a road and plant forest. Discovered another nut bonus.

2120: Found a few flat/rainy/river tiles. Uber exciting turn.

2121: Two roads completed. Weeee. Forest at Industries planted. CP available for rushbuy in 2 turns.

2122: Big descision. Should my former go left or right. Both way lead to a nut bonus, but one is covered in fungus and the other is further away. I flip heads for right. The formers pilots were rearin' to try out those fungus clearers anyway.
In other news one of our scouts found, attacked and got eaten by a mindworm. It wasn't the independent scout, atleast.

2123: Gah! I knew there was a reason you shouldn't send formers into fungus. Wild mindworm snacks on former. As revenge one of the scouts kills an unrealted mindworm. Repeat last sentence for another scout.
CP at Industries rushed for 56 credits.
I forget how Antimatter came to be undefended. Scout at Industries ordered to move to Anti, formers going to garrison Anti in case scout too slow.

2124. The worm does not head to Anti, so the former continues to the nut bonus. CP from industies heading north. next build scout to replace the one sent to re-inforce Anti. Scout kills a worm.

2125. Gah! Riots at Anti, scout moves in and stops that nonsense. Unfortunately it delays the CP construction...
Scout rushed for 22 credits at Industries to avoid Riots next turn...

2126. My brave former heading north drives up to a worm. The crew have been ordered to escape back to industries. The CP following the former has turned and started heading back to Industries...

2127. The Ruins discovered to the east. Scout completed at Industries. Former 80% injures worm before dying. Rushbuy CP at Anti.

2128. A great day for our people, Infortmation Networks have been discovered. Disgruntled gamers complain about a lack of gaming networks, until it is discovered that the Infortmation networks can carry gaming data. First LAN party on Planet.
In other news the former-raping Mindworm #1 is toasted by a scout. (#2 is still at large)

2129: Morgan Collections founded. Forest completed on Nut bonus at Collections. Former rushbuyed at collections (we need more formers!!!!!)

2130: Nothing much exciting happened... other than the turn being zipped and uploaded.

Summary: Formers were built. Formers were eaten.
3 tiles of forest were planted.
1 new base was founded. 1 CP is wandering around, it could be used to found a base near the ruins, or at some nut resource. No site is planned for it.
No new contact made, relationship with Miriam still Treaty.
2 Formers, 5 Scouts, bank account of 72 credits.
CP at Industries is ripe for the rushbuy - should the new CEO consider it nessecary.

Quote:
And so, after 15 years as CEO, Blake wandered off to live in the Ruins. It is said that late at night you can see him driving his "Ghost formers" and hear his anguished cries "I will returnnnn!!!"
-Big book of Ghosts, Spooks and Haunts, Datalinks
Attached Files:
File Type: zip ncc02-2130.zip (33.4 KB, 2 views)
Old October 14, 2001, 03:14   #5
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

Accounts of Morgan Industries MY2130-45 -- Principle officer --- C.E.O.J.D.M

Ledger entry for MY 2130
-Energy Reserves: 72
-Income: 4; Maintenance: -0; Loan: 0
-Net Income: 4

Ledger entry for MY 2135
-Energy Reserves: 96
-Income: 5; Maintenance: -0; Loan: 0
-Net Income: 5
-People: Miriam Started WP in 2135
-Places: Morgan-Tasman $Shrine$ - established near Ruins; beautiful vistas
-Things: 1 native converted to energy equivalent

Ledger entry for MY 2140
-Energy Reserves: 107
-Income: 8; Maintenance: -0; Loan: 0
-Net Income: 8
-People: Dierdre Started HGP in 2136
-Places: Industries Morgan - established across the Reflecting Pool from Morgan Industries (couldn't resist)
-Things: 2 natives converted to energy equivalent
-Metaphysics: Breakthru to Ethical Calculus in 2139

Ledger entry for MY 2145
-Energy Reserves: 111
-Income: 9; Maintenance: -0; Loan: 0
-Net Income: 9
-People: Dierdre discovered Secrets of HB 2142; no contacts all my term
-Places: No new bases; a CP is in the works at Morgan Industries
-Things: 1 natives converted to energy equivalent
-Metaphysics: We are presumably working on Secrets of the HB or Planetary Nets (due in 2147)

Highlights
Net income/year increased by 125%
Number of installations increased by 66.67%
Cash on hand increased by 39%

notes:
-Thought to build an SP at Morgan-Tasman $Shrine$ after finishing the RC to alow for higher pops while working on it.
-The scout at the corner of the ruins is uncommitted, was going to walk around the ruins looking for MWs
-(87,71) or on or near (8,64) might make a good spots for bases
Old October 14, 2001, 03:19   #6
johndmuller
King

Here's the file

Also sent to ZakIV
Attached Files:
File Type: zip ncc002-morgan-smac-2145.zip (36.8 KB, 3 views)
Old October 14, 2001, 03:38   #7
Zakharov VII
Warlord

Local Time: 06:38
Excerpts from CEO Zakharov's Annual Financial Conferences, MY 2145-2160

Executive Reflections:

Expansion. Lots of expansion. Too much expansion? Our bureaucracy is quite swollen on this smaller planet. But still - lots of expansion means more money and tech per turn...although I have been spending cash pretty quickly !!

Highlights From the Annual Conferences:

2145 - As our dear CEOJDM (try pronouncing that!) has already reported. However, at the year's end, about 40 Energy Credits were put to good use shooing the colonists out the door at Morgan Industries.

As new CEO, I propose commencement of Project People Factory ( Smack) - PPF for short - rapid expansion.

2146 - Said Colony Pod is ready for action! Lots more rushing this turn - about 50 EC's on the Recreation Commons at the Shrine (so we can begun Secret Project Code Name dlorW lautriV - I bet that code will never get cracked ), 30 EC's at Morgan Industries (didn't we just Hurry there ?) for a Scout Patrol - I don't want to lose that Pod to the hungry natives.

As you can tell, I like to spend money. I'm greedy, but only because greed means more stuff to spend!!

2147 - Our scientists have discovered Planetary Networks! dlorW lautriV production at the Shrine has commenced. Done in 74 (!) years - don't worry, it'll grow soon

Our scientists, working soley on advancing our Infrastructure, have been demanding loads of Nutrients to experiment on. I have a feeling they're not advancing our Industry ...

The 30 EC's were invested into the Recycling Tanks at Morgan Antimatter.

2148 - Antimatter, done with their Tanks, have begun preping colonists for the great outdoors.

2149 - The Recreation Commons at Morgan Collections is open for business! Continuing with PPF, production of a Colony Pod has begun here.

The solar collector is done near Industries Morgan (huh?). Let us all bask in the sun!!!!!!!

2151 - Morgan Robotics founded! They have quickly prepared a Former, with 25 EC's in equipment fees.

2152 - The Recreation Commons at Morgan Collections are really popular, and everyone wants one! Morgan Robotics has begun working on one.

Our scout is now quite good at exterminating worms. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (that's 20 for the mathematically challenged)

2153 - Industries Morgan, following PPF, has begun their "CP" (the hot new slang for Colony Pod!)

Speaking of CP's, we're cranking out the one at Morgan Collections for about 40 EC's.

2154 - Now that they're done doing their fair share of the expansion, Morgan Collections is going to work on their Recycling Tanks.

2155 - Gaians get the Human Genome Project. Blehhh...

...and...sunspots!!!

...and....Gene Splicing. Hmph. But now they're still lookin into Infrastructure, so we should have Industrial Economics in 10 years!

The Colony Pod is done at Morgan Antimatter, so they're starting their Tanks.

Finally, with our favorite PPF, the CP at Industries Morgan has been hurried along.

2156 - Industries Morgan is working on their Commons, with their CP out and about.

2158 - New Jerusalem builds the Weather Paradigm. Blehh...but at least we don't need it for Condensors, etc, to crawl.

Drone Riots.......at Morgan Industries. They've changed from Tanks to a CP in order to kick out the drones ("You don't like it here? Well then survive on your own in the wild!!")

2159 - The Hive builds the Command Nexus....blehhh...but we're peaceful folk, right?

Morgan Industries CP is hurried...

...and...I forgot it's a smallish map. Hmph. Bureaucracy drones, and lots more Pods out there....we need to switch to Democracy soon!!

Anyway, despite drones, Morgan Interstellar has been founded.

2160 - Started Recycling Tanks at Morgan Interstellar.

Morgan Industries is working on their Recreation Commons, to stop drones before they start!

And that, folks, is all...

The Numbers:

2145: +9 EC's and +12 tech per turn
2160: +15 EC's and +20 tech per turn
--------------------------------------------------
% Change: +67% and + (guess what?) 67%!!

2145: 111 EC's total and 94 tech cost
2160: 28 EC's (sorry!) and 147 tech cost
% Change: -75% and +56%!!

So, we're getting more tech per turn than the tech cost is increasing!!

2145: 5 bases and 8 votes
2160: 8 bases (2 CPs) and 13 votes
% Change: +100% (including pods) and +63%

3 Years to Industrial Economics (assumed - are there any other builds?)

We're still Anemic....

Notes:

Sorry for the horrid state of our budget! We're getting a decent amount per turn, but I was spending it . Still, we should be able to change to Free Market in 3 years, and Democracy soon after (lots of cash from FM!) since I think we're pretty much done expanding for awhile (we've got 2 bases over bureaucracy, and 2 more pods at large)

The Scout at 83,73 is guarding the Formers as they dig dig dig through fungus and rock to find the Nutrient bonus within.

The CP at 1,73 is intended for 0,72, where the ground is being lowered - it has access to lots of monoliths, 2 nutrient resources, and 1 energy resource I think, though most is covered in fungus.

There's a scout nearby that's pretty beaten up - it's getting a quick fix at a monolith, and maybe can stay home for the new pod. It's independent, so DON'T re-home it!

Have fun, Smack! Good luck, all!

Z

Last edited by Zakharov VII; October 14, 2001 at 04:54.
Old October 14, 2001, 04:53   #8
Zakharov VII
Warlord

Ah yes, the file....

I sent to Smack, but if anyone wants to take a look/e-mail didn't work for some weird reason (it always happens with me )

G'night now, all !!

Z
Attached Files:
File Type: zip ncc002-morgan-smac-2160.zip (39.2 KB, 4 views)
Old October 14, 2001, 14:23   #9
Avenoct
Prince

2160-75: I've seen the enemy......and she's got red hair.

The SP front: Not Good

Zak Builds VW in 2163, Yang builds ME in 2170. Planetary Datalinks being worked on by Zak, CDF by Deirdre, and we have 30 turns or so to go to finish an SP that's already been built.

The PR front: Um...

We've seen rovers and other hounds of Miriam lurking in our territory to the SE. Now that we've switched to FM and Democracy, she's not going to like us very much. Certainly we should try to talk things through, but in the case that Diplomacy fails I've started prototyping 2-2-1's and 2-1-1's as well as assembling a small army of probes.

We discovered Lasers and Wealth most recently. Switched to Wealth b/c couldn't resist the 'tech in 4 years' option. So we're 50/0/50 Dem/Fm/Wealth.

The early years were plagued with drone riots and mass-rushbuilding of many rec-commons as we tiptoed into Dem, then FM. There are only a few bases without rec-commons at this point.

We're 1 base past the B-limit for Dem on a large map (9 bases is limit), nonetheless I decided that we needed a couple bases to the north to take advantage of the great resources in that direction.

As I see it, we have 2 choices: Switch to an SE that Miriam likes and pray she trades tech and leaves us alone, or take out that snivvling...er. Well, I'll be interested to see what happens. We've got plenty of room, but I feel like we're farther behind than in the Zak game.

-S-
Attached Files:
File Type: zip morgan-ncc2-2101.sa.zip (23.3 KB, 2 views)
Old October 14, 2001, 20:23   #10
Qantaga
King

Hello Gentlemen,

I have received the turn from Smack/Avenoct by e-mail. However, this has been a big family day with two different birthday parties to attend. I am still at my brother's house and we are about to round up my daughters and head home. It will be late tonight or tomorrow afternoon before I can open the turn.

I am looking forward to the game. I will post it and send it to Scipio tomorrow night. Sorry for the delay.
Old October 14, 2001, 20:26   #11
Scipio Centaurus
Prince

Thank You!!

I've got half a dozen PBEM turns sitting in my inbox from the last 2 days.

I'll look forward to getting the turn in a day or two.

- Scipio
Old October 14, 2001, 21:52   #12
Scipio Centaurus
Prince

Hey Avenoct! Looks like you attached the wrong file to the 2175 turn report. Opens as 2101 game start... Is that a subtle hint?

- Scipio
Old October 15, 2001, 01:18   #13
Avenoct
Prince

Yeah, I had a Machiavellian Slip...
Attached Files:
File Type: zip ncc002-morgan-2175.sa.zip (40.5 KB, 4 views)
Old October 15, 2001, 01:44   #14
Blake
lifer
PolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of Fame

I think it's worthwhile mentioning that Miriam has raised a landbridge to New New Zealand!

I say we confiscate her WP as punishment
Old October 15, 2001, 10:53   #15
johndmuller
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Blake
. . . . I say we confiscate her WP as punishment
At least
I would vote for de-programming her faithful and enlightening them to the joys of Capitalism.
Old October 16, 2001, 11:36   #16
Scipio Centaurus
Prince

Quote:
I think it's worthwhile mentioning that Miriam has raised a landbridge to New New Zealand!
I say we confiscate her WP as punishment
Allright, come clean CEO-General Avenoct! Miriam didn't build that land bridge, did she?

CEO-Paranoid-Pacifist Scipio Centaurus
Old October 16, 2001, 12:54   #17
Qantaga
King

Report to the Stockholders - MY 2176-2190

Greetings once again, my esteemed shareholders. The board of Morgan Industries is vigilant day and night in our duty to maximize your return on investment.

The following report should hearten even our most pessimistic investors, but please keep in mind that in these times of economic downturn, any profit is good profit.

2176 - This was a year of general upkeep and acquainting myself with the complexities of our global enterprises.

I was given direct and explicit orders by my predecessor, the esteemed CEO Smack, to avoid Miriam and NOT to talk to her during my term of office. Unfortunately, at the end of this year, she called me on the commlink. She demanded Gene Splicing and, though it irked me to no end, I did give it to her since we were not prepared to defend ourselves if she undertook a military action against us. Our treaty remained in place.

2177 - I determined, by careful balance sheet analysis, that it would be a prudent investment to rush a Recreation Commons at Morgan Transport to improve the morale of our diligent workers there.

2178 - We discovered Ecological Engineering.

2179 - We completed CEO Smack's prototype units.

Miriam is making me very nervous. Since I was guessing that she had not switched to Fundy just quite yet, I thought this might be a good time to send one of our noble probe teams to infiltrate her datalinks. They were successful.

Morgan Solarflex founded in the northern portion of our continent.

2180 - Miriam builds a sea base in an inlet close to our continent. She is producing another Sea Colony Pod and several Recon Rovers.

2181 - We discover Environmental Economics. This will provide a very nice boost to our net profits. However, I have chosen not to build any tree farms yet, since we have not had our first fungal "pop" (at least not during my term in office).

2182 - Several Recycling Tanks have now come online to maximize our base resources. I have begun the construction of several Energy Banks to improve our profit margins.

2183 - A scout patrol discovers that the Borehole Cluster is located on the southwest corner of our continent.

2184 - A year of general upkeep among our corporate holdings.

2185 - Peacekeepers and Believers sign a Treaty.

2186 - Another uneventful year in terms of global events, but our workers are skilled and the Team Morgan coffers are filling at a very nice rate.

2187 - We discover Doctrine:Mobility. Our first Recon Speeder goes into production.

2188 - Morgan Metullargy is founded in the fertile river and jungle lands of the northern shore of our continent.

2189 - Brother Lal sends a ship next to our coast and establishes contact. I traded for Doctrine:Flexibility, Intellectual Integrity and Secrets of the Human Brain. I gift him Environmental Economics and he agrees to sign a Pact of Brotherhood. This, my good stockholders, will mean even more sweet profits for you when dividends roll around.

2190 - We prepare to turn the reigns of the corporation over to the world renowned CEO Scipio.

Various and Sundry Notes of Importance to the Ongoing Profitability of the Company

* Our old nemesis, Chairman Yang has shot up the power charts during my administration. I have no clue where he is located, but hopefully it is far away from us. We are vying with the good Provost and Brother Lal for the number 2 spot on the charts, but Yang is making a big move away from us.

* Morgan Antimatter needs some serious micromanagement. I can think of no one better for the task than CEO Scipio, but it is in dire straits right now. It is a pop. 3, but in a state of Drone Riot. I have left the drones in place. The reason for the riots is that the scout patrol way out west, the one that discovered the Borehole Cluster is supported from Morgan Antimatter. You may want to disband that unit to alleviate the drones. You may even want to let Morgan Antimatter drop back down to pop. 2 and then support that far scout from the new Borehole Cluster base once it is founded. There is also a former close by that can be used to build a farm. The former from Morgan Antimatter was way up north, as CEO Smack was using it to build the roads to our new (and much needed) northern bases. I supported the former from Morgan Solarflex to alleviate some of the mineral restrictions, so that is why there is no former for this base (although I do have one in the queue).

* There is a Colony Pod getting close to the Borehole Cluster.

* We have Deirdre's commlink, but I was scared to call her, since I doubt she would be very friendly.

* After my massive tech swap with Lal, there should be some nice new toys to play with in the Design Workshop.

* We will have a new technology in 2 turns. Our next tech discovery rate will take a hit, due to my acquiring those techs from Lal.

* When I took over, we had the Virtual World under construction. It had already been completed by another faction, so I switched over to the Planetary Transit System. I carried it throughout my term, even though I was tempted to scrap it for a Hab Complex or an Energy Bank. I will leave the decision of whether or not we want the PTS to the good CEO Scipio, although I will keep my fingers crossed that the new tech we get in 2 turns will make a new Secret Project available.

* As Smack says, this game could be even more difficult to win than our last University game and we will have our hands full, but I am enjoying the challenge.

* As always, feel free to manipulate the base production queues any way you wish.

Respectfully submitted,
Acting CEO Qantaga

-------
Turn is posted and has been e-mailed to Scipio.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip ncc002-morgan-2190.zip (47.3 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Qantaga; October 16, 2001 at 13:00.
Old October 16, 2001, 13:56   #18
johndmuller
King

News Flash: Morgan CEO Qantaga ousted - CEO Scipio Returns
News Flash: News Flash: Morgan CEO Qantaga ousted - CEO Scipio Returns

Morgan Industries, New New Zealand October 16, 2001 FLASH - CEO Qantaga has been removed today by the Board of Directors of Morgan Industries. Company founder and ex CEO Scipio Centaurus was appointed in his place. Scipio's initial statement was addressed to the stockholders of MI; he said: "...and while Mr. Qantaga did an exemplary job of maximizing returns and shareholder values, the Board felt that new directions were indicated in certain areas of corporate policy and that ...blah ...blah ...blah ...". Another of the Board Members, Mr. (ex) C.E.O.J.D.M. was quoted through a haze of cigar smoke as saying: "... and while Mr. Qantaga did an exemplary job of maximizing returns and shareholder values, some members of the Board were quite exercised by the unauthorized Merger Agreement he negotiated with that !@#$%^& Lal and the ...blah ...blah ...blah ...". Morgan Industries stock (MIX) was up $1.12 at midday today with moderate trading on the big board.
Old October 16, 2001, 20:38   #19
Scipio Centaurus
Prince

Report to the Board of Directors, MY2190-2205
---------------------------------------------

"First let me say what a great honor it is to be back at the helm of CEO Team Morgan. As you know I have always held to the belief that the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few... or the one. Allow me to congratulate each and every one of my predecessors on a truly remarkable job in negotiating our faction's rise to its dominant position on Chiron. Will you all bow your heads with me in a moment of silence for the continued success of our global business dealings going forward? ...[15 seconds of silence]... And so with that, let me proceed on to faction business..."

2190 - In anticipation of potential corporate espionage by our competitors, the DCIA [Director of Corporate Intelligence Activities] has, at my request, designed a new counter-intelligence unit [COINTEL Base Detachment] specifically for base garrison duty. Operational doctrine for this unit indicates no requirement for the mobility [infantry based] of our regular field unit [speeder based] and a level of defensive armor [synthmetal] superior to that of any potential competitors' field intelligence operatives. Operational doctrine calls for the immediate deployment of these units at Morgan[s] Construction, Antimatter and Transport. These units are supplemental to - not a replacement for - standard base garrison units.

In conference with the various military and logistical operations directors, I have ordered several new designs entered into service, for prototyping at the earliest opportunity. In particular, I would like to deploy some Coast Guard Naval Squadrons and Naval Terraforming Squadrons at our naval bases, before it is too late... if in fact it is not already too late. We cannot afford to ignore the bounty of the sea, since we are constrained from convoying resources.

Morgan Antimatter does not appear to have any assigned units outside of our territorial boundaries... I believe the installation of a hooligan theatre [errr... hologram theatre ] should solve our little problem there.

Although tempted to build infrastructure, I will hold on to the SP at Morgan-Tasman Shrine at least until I see what tech we learn next.

I switched most [read all] of the size 3+ bases that were building energy banks to hologram theatres and rush built any of them that could be had for less than 100 EC. That should give us some breathing room.

Decided to go ahead and give Lady Dierdre a call [she's kinda cute, isn't she?] Her mood is seething and our intel indicates that she is militarily wanting. She offers to sell us Chairman Yang's commlink for 20 EC. I take the deal, but more importantly, she lets slip that Yang may be able to offer us Doctrine: Air Power [ouch!]. She indicates that she has built recon rovers [equivalent to our Light Cavalry]. She then demands Ecological Engineering with the implicit threat of hostility hanging in the air... I give her the tech. She won't know what to do with it and maybe it will buy us a few extra years of peace? Dierdre implores us to cease our free market initiatives at once before signing off. About the only 'good' thing we got out of that call was the knowledge that Yang has air power.

2191 - Let's see... How can I torture myself this year? I know! I'll call Chairman Yang! His mood is seething [surprise!] and his military is unsurpassed [surprise!] He wants us to help him destroy the Believers. While I personally think that might not be a bad idea, I would sort of like us to have a bit more stable infrastructure before we commit to that endeavor. The Chairman indicates that he has built missile speeders [equivalent to our... ? Well waddaya know? We don't have any equivalent unit] The Chairman wonders if we could see fit to transmit our data files on Industrial Economics as a personal favor. I try to wheedle 50 EC out of him, but he's not buying. I give him the tech in the hopes he will go away for a long time. Yang urges us to enforce stricter police controls on our society before signing off. He also lets us know that he will not long tolerate our collaboration with the Believers. Allright, which one of you guys has been collaborating with Sister Miriam?

2192 - We learn High Energy Chemistry. I'll take it even though there is no SP with it. We are scheduled to learn a Build tech [priority Conquer] in 7 years. I switch Morgan-Tasman Shrine to holo theatre production. Off to the Design Workshop!

Sister Miriam calls. She wants us to help her destroy the Hive. I decline. She wants Industrial Automation. I offer to trade it to her for Nonlinear Math, but she says [correctly] that she cannot trust us with that information. After I refuse to give her Industrial Automation gratis, she declares vendetta. Good. Let's get this show on the road! [Must remember to stay on our side of the yellow line].

I use our probe team to capture her Laser Infantry border patrol [don't ask how much it cost], and then I order the subverted unit to destroy a nearby Believer former. [ I thought it was impossible to subvert Believer combat units?] One of our own Infantry Battalions destroys the Believer Unity Rover that had become cut off on that small peninsula near He Walked on Water.

I give Lal [magnanimous/formidable] a call in the hopes that we can squeeze him for Nonlinear Math. We trade High Energy Chemistry for Optical Computers. Curses! Lal hits us up for 123 EC [the panhandler] I offer him half as much. I then buy Doctrine: Loyalty from him for 100 EC. This man is going to be a formidable business competitor down the road.

In light of all the free spending, I adjust our SE allocation to 70/0/30 for immediate cash flow.

2193 - Chairman Yang calls again. I actually meant to call him back after Miriam declared vendetta. Let's see what he has in mind. Great! He wants us to help him destroy the Peacekeepers. Then he wants Environmental Economics. I offer to give it to him for Cyberethics. He says he can't trust us with the info. When I refuse to give up the data he declares vendetta.

Our probe team steals the Believer files on Nonlinear Math! Sadly, the probe team was captured during the commission of this heroic act of patriotism. Another probe team steals the Believer world map. but is also captured. I decide to pull remaining probe teams back for defense of our bases. Off to the design workshop.

2195 - Our Light Cavalry [rover] crosses the line to take out 2 Believer Colony Pods that were making a nuisance of themselves [supporting base 'doctored' thru the crisis]. No sign of the Believer hoards... yet. Were moving units into position along the line. Holo Theatres in most bases and Command Centers in the pipes in most bases.

2196 - Mindworms everywhere! MW pops up betwixt the Ruins and Borehole Cluster. An IoD lands a MW on the west shoreline at the south pole.

2197 - Chairman Yang convenes the Planetary Council for the purpose of getting himself elected Planetary Governor. Lal wins 114:54 He already had the votes before we cast ours, but I voted for him anyway.

The first Believer combat troops [laser infantry] appear near our land border.

2198 - MWs attack Morgan Interstellar killing our garrison. Just moticed that no units are close enough to reinforce. Oh well, the base is size 4, so it should survive the civilian casualties - unless other MWs appear out of nowhere. Nahhh! Can't happen!

Lady Dierdre [seething/wanting] calls. She offers us a Pact if we will help her crush the Spartans. I decline. We trade Industrial Automation for Polymorphic Software. I offer a Treaty but she declines.

Our Laser Squad kills the lone Believer Laser Infantry at the border.

Morgan Energy Monopoly founded near the Borehole Cluster.

I give our old friend Zakharov [seething/formidable] a call. He has a small problem with Colonel Santiago and wants our help to resolve it. I decline. Zakharov is offended by our 'open and shameless pursuit of wealth' and the conversation goes downhill from there. We escape with a hard fought truce. I'll leave the pleasantries with Colonel Santiago to someone else.

Off to the DW!

2199 - A Believer 2-2-1 advances and destroys our 2-1-1 border unit. Another Believer 2-2-1 is close behind. Meanwhile, our first 4-1-2 Light Cavalry [impact rover] enters service and beelines for the front! Our 1-2-1 Guard detachment successfully defends our border against the damaged Believer 2-2-1! The second Believer 2-2-1 arrives atthe front but no other Believer units are in sight. Our own CC improved 4-1-2s will soon be coming off the assembly lines en mass, with a prototype of a trained crew version of the 4-1-2 in the pipeline.

A pair of MWs attack Morgan Transport and kill the Guard Detachment, but the Light Cav unit cleaned up the mess.

2201 - Heavy fighting along the front. The Believers end up with fresh 2-2-1 and a 60% damaged 4-3-1. We have 2 fresh 4-1-2s and a 20% damaged 2-3t-1.

2202 - MWs destroy a former working on a borehole at Morgan Metallurgy. Another MW attacks Morgan Energy Monopoly, but our brave garrison held the fort - though coming within an inch of losing their lives.

Zakharov [seething/formidable] called. He wants us to help him crush the paranoid Colonel Santiago. Having received no courtesy call from the good Colonel, I must conclude that she is indeed paranoid, and therefore constitutes a direct threat to our way of life. Besides, we have a pathetic research rate becasue of our budget and Zak'll give us Cyberethics and 22 EC if we make Pact [Ummmhhh! Commerce income!] with him. Let's hope Santiago is not lurking about. Unfortunately, we do not have any tech that interests Zak. Our University infiltrator reports that Zak has just siezed Paradise Swarming from the Hive. Go Zak! Go!

Our 4-1-2 takes out a Believer 2-2-1. Another of our 4-1-2s takes out a Believer 4-2-2. That eliminates the Believer military presence near the border. I see a couple of impact infantry in Believer bases and at least 10 sentry units at New Jerusalem. Miriam is working on military units at only half of her bases. If we can build up a nice Light Cav force along our border we should be able to roll her up. My successor[s] will have to deal with that.

2204 - Morgan Moans produces our first (4)-1-1 Artillery Battery! It's on its way to the front. Our formers complete the first thermal borehole near Morgan Transport

2205 Summary
-----------------
>The University loses University Base to the Hive. Zak looks to be in trouble.
>We learn Neural Grafting! Now all we need is some real weapons.
>No sign of Yang or Santiago. Good luck!
>There is a Believer sea base near the jungles on the landmass just north of New New Zealand.
>We control the border between us and the Believers, but Miriam is switching into high war gear.
>Unfortunately I had to spend a lot of ECs to ram in Holo Theatres and Command Centers, make bribes, payoffs, etc. We don't have much cash in reserve, but hopefully we'll see a payoff from the investment. Many 4-1-2s w/ trained crews are coming on line in the next few years.
>A couple of bases are trying to build Hab Complexes.
>The frontier bases are trying to hang on against marauding MW attacks.
>We maintain Pacts with University and Peacekeepers.
>A MW just attacked Morgan Metallurgy and killed the garrison. It's size 3 so it should survive the civilian casualties.
>A lot of advanced terraforming should be near to completion. We need it bad, without crawlers.
>We are currently on Dem/FM/Wealth with 70/0/30 budget and our research priority is set to Build
>If you send our combat units across the yellow line, you will be hit with pacifist drones.
>If I were carrying on, I would try to save ECs and place more bases to producing Light Cavalry units. But, that's just my opinion.
>Coast Guard Naval Squadrons in pace at Morgan[s] Industries and Antimatter.

- Team Morgan, CEO Scipio Centaurus presiding
Attached Files:
File Type: zip ncc02-2205.zip (52.1 KB, 1 views)
Old October 17, 2001, 02:07   #20
Blake
lifer

And so, after decades of exile Blake came down from the ruins, demanding his position of CEO back. Luckily the CEO position had just been vacated...

2105: Garrison Morgan Metallurgy with Former. {if you didn't know : Formers dont have non-combat penalty when defending bases.}

CEO Blake spent much time pondering his next move... eventually he decided upon "Plan C", which would involve founding a new base against the believer border, thus pushing forward the Morganite border and allowing military actions under Free Market.

CEO Blake declares to the Morganite people that our markets will remain free, the people Wealthy and as always democracy rules. Additionally he declared the vendetta with the believers will be over before his term expires, only total surrender will be accepted, and only once the WP has been delivered into Morganite hands.
The people cheered.

10000 poor souls from Morgan Construction are booted out to set up camp at the believer border.

Called up Zak and exchanged Neural Grafting for D:AP.
CEO Blake declared that a new aircraft, named the "Freedom Fighter" will go into construction. The people were happy, especially the pilots, which secretely feared they might have to fly aircraft called "Butterflies", it's really demoralising to have a crappy name like that.

Production has been changed at several bases to Formers / Freedom Fighters. Additionally some trance troops have been designed to help defend against the worms at the frontier bases...

2206: The former kicks wormy butt. The first victory in the TerraFormers war against the opressive natives....
The CP built at Construction puts mineral into negatives... synth dude disbanded. Freedom Fighter rushbuyed....

2208: Someone calls for Repeal UN charter. It's 2:4, and altough it doesn't matter I vote Yay...

2209: A freedom Fighter fights off a hidden worm... good thing air units defend 1:1 against psi... I use a Freedom Fighter to Defend the CP as it moves into Miriams territory... unfortunately this'll cause the owner to riot, so I move a rover owned by the same base... (next turn the base will be placed...)
30% Psych assigned so I can move rovers from other bases too... tricky stuff...
LAL starts HSA
I pay Lal 125 credits for AMA and upgrade the freedom fighters to deep radar... hopefully they can snipe off the odd believer sea CP...

2210: What Now! Founded in Believer territory. CEO Blake makes a mental note never to let the colonists decide the name for their bases again...

Now I can put units right next to the Lords Mercy with drone worries. Yep, this CEO is smarter than the average Bear.

Our probe teams upgraded with Deep Radar. All the better to scout with...

Lords Mercy falls to our Light Calvary! One lost...
Miriam calls me and begs for Mercy. She aint quite ready to surrender... I must remember not to talk to her until I'm ready for her to surrender, IOW, once the WP is in my grubby paws.

2211:
It may have been The Lords Gift to the Believers, but now it belongs to Morgan Industries. Unfortunately we lost another Light Calvary.
Damn New Jerusalem has soooo many units.

2212 Nothing overly exciting. But that Arty unit saw some action, dueling with a Believer Impact Foil.

2213: Goodbye Zak, you will be missed. IOW, Yang has exterminated Zak. Unfortunately I couldn't wring any tech out of him...

The Lords Truth has fallen.
I think I'll repeat the base trick to push back miriams borders and leave her with no minerals to work... that should cut down on the units in her base.

2214: We have lots of boreholes now... and more are being drilled every turn, I've built some more formers...

2215: Miriam offers to surrender. DAMN! Oh well, looks like the fight is to the death now. She only has her HQ and a couple of sea bases now. I'm working on reducing that to a couple of sea bases...

2126: Impact Arty finishes off the Impact foil.
Advanced Subatomic Theory discovered.

2217: I probe NewJ. for Drone Riots, and attack it with everything I have... lost one Light Calvary, and several others 90% damaged. Miriam switches production to Research Hospital. Well, she does have plenty of wounded.... (I didn't want any more Plasma units in her base, because they wreak havoc with the Calvary)

2218: Dumdeedoo. The WP has been captured. Whoopie. Our Former drivers rejoice. Much drinking of fungal gin all around. 3 Former pilots lost as they fall screaming to their deaths down boreholes. For the love of Miriams god, dont drink and drill...

2219: CEO Blake, having failed to Completely exterminate the Believers (or force a surrender) shamefully returns to live in the Ruins...

Stats
Income/labs: 86 / 8turns was 62/10 (50/50 split)
Bank account of 675 credits.
3 new bases founded. 4 captured.
All bases on Continent now belong to Team Morgan.

Diplomacy:
Miriam hates our guts forever.
Zak exterminated by Yang
Lal still pacted.
Everyone else vendetta...

Units:
23 Formers (was 10, effectively I have tripled our terraforming ability)
5 Light Calvary (was 6)
3 Freedom Fighters
Land units: 24-0-11 was 24-6-7 (As many units lost as built...)
Non-combat units: 26-1-4 was 12-2-3

Overall, our economy has improved marginally... our industry has improved dramatically, with the drillage of about 8 new boreholes.
Morgan Collections is running 21 ED, so we can reasonably expect a pop soon. Then rushbuy treefarms like crazy... (I havn't built any treefarms yet)
A few CC and habdomes got built, a few Holo Theatres, quite a few Rec's. Very little to boost labs or energy. But a nice big wad of cash for whoever comes next. I suggest focusing on growth and infrastructure... 10% psych wouldn't go astray because we are about to get some growth.
Also I've started a Punishment Sphere at New Jeruslam, I suggest it be used to support any foreign operations... Yang has elite units and no doubt a big airforce. So we should prepare penetrators of our own soon...
Attached Files:
File Type: zip ncc02-2219.zip (55.2 KB, 4 views)
Old October 17, 2001, 18:32   #21
Scipio Centaurus
Prince

Hey Blake. Just took alook at the empire. Don't feel bad. You did good! A little crowded there on the [former] Believer peninsula, but nothing we can't handle. Excellent work jacking up the former count. I wanted to, but I was living under the 'phantom menace' of a Believer onslaught. I'm starting to feel pretty good about our chances now. We will need to beg, buy, borrow or steal some improved weapon tech pretty quick, though.

- Scipitty 'O
Old October 17, 2001, 19:29   #22
Qantaga
King

Quote:
CEO Blake declared that a new aircraft, named the "Freedom Fighter" will go into construction. The people were happy, especially the pilots, which secretely feared they might have to fly aircraft called "Butterflies", it's really demoralising to have a crappy name like that.
Old October 18, 2001, 16:56   #23
johndmuller
King

Quote:
.... CEO Blake declared that a new aircraft, named the "Freedom Fighter" will go into construction. The people were happy, especially the pilots, which secretely feared they might have to fly aircraft called "Butterflies", it's really demoralising to have a crappy name like that. ...
So you thought that was a crappy name, did you?

Between a computer that seems to want a rebooting, a slow connection and a slow Poly, I think I'm just going to upload this without prettying it up much; maybe I'll edit out the typos and fiddle with it some other time. In short, we did OK - a lot of base infrastructure and just a little action.

Report to the Bored by C.E.O.J.D.M. for MY 2120-35

Ledger entry for MY 2119b
Energy Reserves: 675/655
Income: 154/158; Maintenance: -70; Loan: +2
Net Income: 86/90
People:
Places:
Things:
Metaphysics: Tech Rate: 150/124 tech/turn; Cost: 1151; 10 Yrs/Tech
Score Stuff: Bases: 19; Pop: 81; Commerce: 60/61; Tech; 27; SP: 1: Allocation 50:0:10 / 50:10:40

Ledger entry for MY 2125
..Energy Reserves: 600
..Income: 209; Maintenance: -90; Loan: +2
..Net Income: 121
..People: Miriam's Boats are a PIA; we don't have good counters yet
..Places:
..Things: 1 MW knocked itself out against a former after eating a plane, a scout and another former
..Metaphysics: Tech Rate: 138 tech/turn; Cost: 1151; 9 Yrs/Tech
..Score Stuff: Bases: 19; Pop: 91; Commerce: 65; Tech; 27; SP: 1; Allocation: 50/10/40
..Misc: Mostly infrastructure; formers,holos, netnodes,energybanks,militaryinfra
...2122: MiriamBoat nailed our new probeship near He Walked on Water
...2123: Between them, a Freedom Flitter and a scout are not enough to beat off a MW near M.Robotics
......even with 90% damage, the MW takes out a former
...M.Metallurgy area being shelled by invisible Miriamboat
...2124: Victory at last; the Coast Guard gets the MiriamBoat near Walked on Water
...2125: MW kills itself on former; M.Metallurgy being shelled by Miriamboat

Ledger entry for MY 2130
..Energy Reserves: 440
..Income: 223; Maintenance: -111; Loan: +2
..Net Income: 114
..People: Miriam's Boats are a PIA; we don't have good counters yet; She appears to has Fusion boats but no Fusion
..Places: Getting ready to take out He Walked on Water
..Things: a few MW incidents and a >pop<
..Metaphysics: Tech Rate: 148 tech/turn; Cost: 1195; 9 Yrs/Tech -- Learned PreSentient -- Next tech 2234
..Score Stuff: Bases: 19; Pop: 93; Commerce: 69; Tech; 28; SP: 1; Allocation: 50/10/40
..Misc: Mostly infrastructure; formers,holos, netnodes,energybanks,militaryinfra
...2126: Learned PreSentient - Switched to Conquer tech (SuperConductor?, SuperString?)
...2127: Another F.Flitter bites the dust in a near brush with survival attacking a 50% reduced Plasma Garrison @HWonW
...2128: We got a bone fide >pop< at Morgan Collections
.....built a non-sam NJ at Lords Mercy (need to rebase or disband if it stays alive) which took out Garrison @HWonW; later rehomed to M.Collections which can sortof do the guns and butter trick
...2229: Moved an artie to Metallurgy and fought back on the MiriamBoat; which split to ? after a quick duel (what a coward)
...2230: Lost a scout guarding formers from an MW

Ledger entry for MY 2135
..Energy Reserves: 400
..Income: 266; Maintenance: -147; Loan: +2
..Net Income: 121
..People: Miriam now has 3 bases, surrounding the almost island just north of M.Metallurgy; a plane just arrived there, feel free to go sightseeing.
..Places: Founded 3 Bases; took over one of Miriams
..Things: a few MWs running into our knives
..Metaphysics: Tech Rate: 176 tech/turn; Cost: 1195; 7 Yrs/Tech Next tech 2238
..Score Stuff: Bases: 23; Pop: 112; Commerce: 65; Tech; 28; SP: 1; Allocation 50/10/40
..Misc: Mostly infrastructure; formers, holos, netnodes, energybanks, military training centers
...2131: Founded Morgan [Cove]rt Bank on (mid) west coast
......Launched invasion fleet for HWonW; citizens of M.Industries and M.Antimatter are very unpatriotic
...2132: Network overload @ M.Antimatter zaps research target year now 2240 (was 2233/4); those citizens are really on the S List now - perhaps they will be the new site for the P Sphere!
......Trained Aerobicists from M.Collections bust down the last Garrison @ HWonW - the battle is on (only a wounded transport left)
......Our Last remaining Freedom Flitter is given the honor of attempting the cleanout of HWonW - Success - Former Believer citizens, now Exemplary Morgan Patriots in the Lords Truth gladly do without food to support thier fliers
......Coast Guard Squadron from M. Industries sails triumphantly into the newly renamed Morgan Walks on Water
......Founded Rotorua in far SW by BH Cluster
...2133: Sunspots for up to 20 years started
...2234: Morgan Van Diemen's Bay Founded south of M.Tasman Shrine
...2235: Nothing Special

Sumamry:
Energy reserves depleted by about 250 EC to current balance of 400 (approx -40%)
Gross Income up approx 70% to 266/year; Net Income up approx 40% to 121/year
Small improvements in tech rates (larger improvements diluted by lower tech allocation/priority)
Population increased by almost 40 to 112; We have 23 bases - 3 New bases, 1 add'l Captured Base.

Bases planned for (11,61), (64,60)

I talked to Lal once and he wanted too much money for tech (about 75% of our stash); otherwise the only other contact was with Miriam; relations are all the same as before. Following Blake's advice, I upped the psyche to 10% (at the expense of research (we are MI, not University after all); besides look where it got Zak. We could use more Tree Farms, Energy Banks and Research facilities. Many bases now with Hab Complexes; some of these can be profitably grown and stocked with specialists, most still need TF's first. M.Industries, IndustriesM & M.Metallurgy have decent military facilities (BioE Cntrs plus); M.Industries and Lord M's Mercy have Aerospace Cntrs (Remember ...always build der Zepelins in der aerospaschencenteren.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip ncc002-morgan-smac-2235.zip (59.6 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by johndmuller; October 19, 2001 at 08:48.
Old October 18, 2001, 19:32   #24
Blake
lifer

Ya know, I cant help noticing that the freedom fighters ability to defend against worms dropped dramatically after being renamed "freedom flitter"...

johndmuller, dont you remember anything from "PSI combat 110"!
Morale is everything!
How are the pilots meant to feel GOOD about themselves when they are flying something called a "freedom flitter"!

Seriously now, I think we should be researching BUILD to get Bio-eingeering ASAP. Then we can use the clean aircraft + Punishment sphere trick....
Old October 18, 2001, 19:42   #25
johndmuller
King

Blake,

I meant to restart a Punishment Sphere somewhere, but . . . . I changed that one you started because it just didn't seem to be going anywhere - with nothing but drones we would have had to rush buy the whole thing just about and we didn't have any decent troops worth having it for.
Old October 18, 2001, 21:11   #26
Zakharov VII
Warlord

Don't have much time, here's a minimum turn report:

CEO Zakharov's Report

Summary: Lots of new facilities. In fact, so many new facilities that we're paying 237 maintenence instead of the 147 maintanence at the end of CEOJDM's reign. We're still making more money than before, though (+143 instead of +121)

"Detailed" Report:

2236 - Pop at Morgan Antimatter

2238 - Mind/Machine Interface discovered! We're on Build priorities (I think) to try to get Bioengineering. But we're getting a Discover now - Orbital Spaceflight?

2240 - Morgan Pharmaceuticals founded! We infiltrate Yang's datalinks! Ouch, he has some nice tech (Orbital Spaceflight, Superconductor, Organic Superlubricant, Advanced Spaceflight, Fusion Power)! We lost the probe ship however.

2242 - Morgan Hydroponics founded.

2244 - Hmph, we were going to probe Miriam for Synthetic Fossile Fuels, but a Hive ship came and killed our Probe Foil. Hmph. In better news, we learned Orbital Spaceflight

2246 - Huddling of People is OURS! It cost only 346 to Mind Control, and already has a 1-3-1 garrison in it! Even better, it's close enough to Yang's other base to get a Probe Team (move 2) there in one turn! All those techs, they could be ours!

2247 - Sunspots end. Started Cyborg Factory at Morgan Metallurgy (not much else to do, besides, we might even get it !)

2248 - We learned Superconductor, and traded Lal for Centauri Empathy (FINALLY, Empath Song!) and Synthetic Fossile Fuels.

GRRRRRRRRR....great stupidity on my part! I forgot to Hurry the Probe Team at Huddling of People in 2247, so, well, Yang's dinky Fusion Infantry is going to take the base next turn (the garrison was killed in 2247). GRRR! Think of all the techs we're not gonna be able to probe!

2249 - Huddling of People "liberated" (we lost it ). In other (worse? At least we were expecting the base lost...) news, the probe ship we were sending to re-mind control Huddling of People was killed by Yang's ship (a 10-3-4 or something - OUCH!)

2250 - Dee has 1 base - let's see if we can extort something form her ! We pay 250 Energy Credits for (drumroll, please!) FUSION POWER! Our next CEO Smack should have fun installing Fusion Labs at our big lab bases. We also signed a Treaty, which should provide some income (while Dee lasts, which probably isn't going to be long!)

So...by the numbers:

183 research per turn -> 278 research per turn !!
1195 tech cost -> 1488 tech cost !
Breakthroughs every 7 -> every 6 !
121 EC's per turn -> 143 EC's per turn (gross income up by 112 , but maintenence is up by 90 !)
81 votes -> 115 votes !
400 EC's -> 931 EC's (have fun, Smack !!)
Lots of bases -> Lots of bases +2 (and one more Colony Pod, heading towards a sensor - last nice base spot (has access to 2 nutrient and 1 mineral bonus that are in no other base radius)

And that's that - sorry about the Hive thing !

Z

Last edited by Zakharov VII; October 19, 2001 at 00:22.
Old October 19, 2001, 00:25   #27
Zakharov VII
Warlord

And the file:

Ah and one note - I didn't do much militarily, but when we get Doctrine: Initiative (in 3 years I think, when Lal finishes Maritime Control Center), we should build a Cheap Amphibous Drop Troop (1-1-1) to drop next to Loaves and Fishes, and take it that turn (using the flitterflies or whatever you want to call them to empty the base first - or maybe even fusion coptors! CEO Chief General Smack should be entirely capable of this). If we send a nice 6-1-8*2 copter on a suicide mission, we should be able to take the base without any pacifist drones (the drop troop doing the capturing will in our Loaves and Fishes at the end)

Z
Attached Files:
File Type: zip ncc002-morgan-smac-2250.zip (61.5 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Zakharov VII; October 19, 2001 at 00:31.
Old October 19, 2001, 02:26   #28
Blake
lifer

FLITTERFLIES!!?!!!?!?!?!?!?!!!!
Well, it's *slightly* better than butterflies or freedom flitters. Sounds like a good name for an impact chopper...

Uh, getting down to business. I cant help noticing the lack of orbitals. Rushbuy some Sky hydroponic labs or I'll throw fruit at you from atop my monolith.
Old October 19, 2001, 17:20   #29
Zakharov VII
Warlord

Whoops...um...my bad!

(commence formal apology) Sorry about the lack of orbitals ...

Z
Old October 21, 2001, 21:10   #30
Scipio Centaurus
Prince

Any news from Smack? A couple of my games with him seem to have died the last couple of days.

If we haven't heard by tomorrow I guess it would be alright to skip him in this round.

Same for anyone who needs to take a pass. Just let us know and we'll take it from there.

- Scipio