Old October 16, 2001, 12:13   #31
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by manhattan82
so let's say you haven't bought civ 3 yet... what's the best option rite now? to preorder it online or to preorder it at a store in terms of quickness (in getting the game, do the ones online hafta wait an extra day to receive it), cost, etc.
Well, I preordered mine purely for the convenience. Yes, when I preordered, I also paid for Next Day delivery (which cost $16.97 extra for two copies). But at least I don't have to deal with getting out into the traffic.

So, yes, even though I preordered, the delivery to my home will take an additional day for transit.

If you have a store close to where you live, you might want to consider preordering it and then picking it up at the store on the release date. This way you wouldn't have the added cost of delivery, but you would have the added headache of fighting the crowds of people at the store picking up their reserved copy of the game...
Old October 17, 2001, 05:02   #32
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 16:42
Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
Well, I preordered mine purely for the convenience. Yes, when I preordered, I also paid for Next Day delivery (which cost $16.97 extra for two copies). But at least I don't have to deal with getting out into the traffic.
You see, this is how you Americans turn simple Europeans into US-bashers by providing exaggerated reports on the state of your system (in this case, infrastructure). Surely a drive to the store cannot be THAT bad.

I ordered my shipment to a colleague in NYC and she will send it hopefully ASAP. If she is kind enough we can have it DHL-ed on company's expense
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old October 17, 2001, 09:15   #33
Trdi
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:42
LaRusso, you antiamerican (=antidemocratic) bastard! First Osama bin Laden, then they're coming for you!
BTW, you have nice signature. Really makes you thinking what sort of strange people live on the planet (yes, in America too.) But I suggest you stop writing ANYthing against USA or some Vietnam veterans might come after you.
Old October 17, 2001, 09:49   #34
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 16:42
hehe trdi, joseph1944 has some problems with spelling. i guess that is why he no longer works for the government although, one wonders how he got there in the first place
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old October 17, 2001, 10:32   #35
Faboba
King

Local Time: 14:42
Location: Scotland. I can't be more specific else they'll find me.
I preordered it in 'Game' ( a sub-siduary of EB for those who don't know ) about a fortnight ago.

They had two entries in their list; civilization 3 and civilisation 3. We didn't know which was which ( in retrospect one may have been Buiscut Tin Edition ) so he put me down for both.

But it seemed very kind of informal. He took my name and telephone number, scribbled them down somewhere and didn't want a deposit.

I won't feel too bad preordering it cheaper from Amazon ( I'm gonna wait till my mum gets back then get it with her credit card "Of course I'll pay you back immediately? What do you mean I still owe you 100 for the carpet, I thought that was ancient history......." )
Old October 17, 2001, 10:51   #36
Trdi
Chieftain

Yeah, well, LaRusso, I can imagine a small, skinny man, standing in front of his boss, telling him about the USA-super enemy LaRusso. Then he stands there for a minute, until his boss "lets" him go: "Ok, John. As I've said a couple of times before - you a re on the "Medal of Honour waiting list". You don't have to even bother with the job anymore. You've done enough for your country. Say hello to your wi... eh dog and goodbye."
Old October 17, 2001, 11:42   #37
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:42
Quote:
Originally posted by LaRusso
You see, this is how you Americans turn simple Europeans into US-bashers by providing exaggerated reports on the state of your system (in this case, infrastructure). Surely a drive to the store cannot be THAT bad.
I take it you have never had the opportunity to drive around in downtown San Francisco!?
It's an ABSOLUTE nightmare!
So, I am willing to pay for the extra cash to have it express delivered to my doorstep.
Old October 18, 2001, 02:15   #38
Trdi
Chieftain

Well, THAT's sth else.