Old January 1, 2000, 23:38   #1
Djugashvili
Emperor

Local Time: 00:03
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Anybody wanna do some art for TRAFOTSU??
TRAFOTSU (short for 'The Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union) is my latest project concerning the history of the USSR from the Revolution, to the fall of the Berlin Wall and beyond. It will consist of several parts covering different eras of Soviet history. If you want to know more, see the threads 'I need some ideas' and 'The Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union' in the Civ2 Creation and Scenario League forums, respectivley.

Because I want this scenario to be great, I need some top-quality art. I am not much of a drawer myself, and I don't really want to take all the art from other scenarios, but if I don't get any help from here, I may have to, and that would be a shame. I'm not looking for someone to do EVERYTHING, but some improvement/wonder icons would be excellent.

If there is any interest, please reply to this post and inquire about what kind of icons I want. I'm not going to be picky, so anyone can apply, but I would like to see some previous work of any kind, just so I am sure of your capabilities. I would LOVE just a few top-quality icons, so don't feel overburdened if you get an assignment. Thank you for your consideration (I hope).

-Djugashvili
Old January 2, 2000, 02:34   #2
Cam
King

Local Time: 09:33
I'll be happy to do some technology/advances icons if you want. Don't farm too much out or it won't feel like your scenario!
Old January 2, 2000, 03:58   #3
Djugashvili
Emperor

I'm pretty used to not using my own artwork in a scenario project. I just want everything to match and be new and/or original. Either way, I'll still love it (if it has good gameplay, that is ).

Anyway, do you think you could make a Maltese Cross advance symbol? You know, like the german cross in WW1 and 2? Also, a simple star icon would be good for the communist civ. All of these icons should retain the basic blue background and gold forground style.

I THANK YOU FOR ANY EFFORT YOU PUT INTO THIS A MILLION TIMES!!!
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouetc...

-Djugashvili
<
[This message has been edited by Djugashvili (edited January 02, 2000).]
Old January 2, 2000, 04:54   #4
techumseh
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 18:03
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Good luck on your scenario, Djugashvili. Have you checked out my scenario "Russian Civil War"? It might give some ideas.
Old January 2, 2000, 05:11   #5
Djugashvili
Emperor

That's your scenario?? I guess I should have read the redame. Yeah, I downloaded it, and I like some of the units, especially the cossack cavalry. I may actually use some of those units (slightly modified, of course) if I can't get more original drawings. I also like the way you implemented some drawings over the shield so it looked like the shield changed. Did you originate this? That 'feature' is also in Red Front and 2194 Days of War, I noticed, but I don't know if those came out before or after 'The Russian Civil War'.

Thanks, btw, for your support.
Old January 2, 2000, 19:51   #6
Captain Nemo
Prince

Give me a couple of icons/units to draw... I would like to help.
I don't know if anyone did the shield thing before I used it in an old scenario of mine that's probably mothball-ed by now... I had never seen it before when I used it to differentiate US/Brits/French units all controlled by the human player in my old Gulf War scenario (Approx. 1995)
Old January 14, 2000, 18:57   #7
Djugashvili
Emperor

*BUMP*

I'll see what I can think, of Nemo.
Old January 14, 2000, 22:40   #8
Michael Daumen
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 19:03
Local Date: October 30, 2010
The only problem with shield art is that it gets hard to see if a unit has a fortify or goto order. PLus it looks weird in sentry.
Old January 15, 2000, 04:20   #9
Fast_Eddie

Didn't the MN guy make an old scenario about the Gulf War? And do those units that are up on Addicted to Civ that are in the same style as Cptain Nemo's? There must be some connection...I'm on to you!