Old October 15, 2001, 17:05   #1
bigfree1

As far as rushing Wonders.....
What 'exact' effect does your Great Leader have on rushing your Wonder? Does it add a certain number of shields to the total or does it reduce the cost to build or does it speed up production in that city, by say something like 50%?

Old October 15, 2001, 17:10   #2
Akron
Prince

Local Time: 09:43
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Not sure, but I hope that it allows you to rush buy the wonder, if that cannot already be done (which seems to be the case).
Old October 15, 2001, 17:11   #3
old dog
Chieftain

I don't think anyone knows exactly.

It is clear that there is NO rush building without a great leader (I believe this is true even for regular city improvements and units.) So just the fact that a great leader allows rush building is a huge plus. But whether the great leader is traded for the completed building, whether it cuts down on the time or price, or whether it just gives the ability to rush buy at the original cost -- I don't hink we'll know until we play.
Old October 15, 2001, 17:42   #4
Akron
Prince

It better be possible to rush in some way improvements and units, or the value of money will greatly decrease. It should be possible to cut in half the production time of a unit or city improvement (but not wonder) by paying a certain amount of gold. Not having rush building will slow down production so much.
Old October 15, 2001, 18:03   #5
old dog
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Akron
It better be possible to rush in some way improvements and units, or the value of money will greatly decrease.
That's what I thought at first. But military units are supported by gold, not by shields now. And then there's always building support costs,which may be more now that the cultural aspect encourages more building.
Old October 15, 2001, 18:07   #6
Akron
Prince

But now the only reason for me to develop a great economy is to get good science and keep up with my bills. I guess I'll probably be spending a lot on diplomacy and espionage and keeping my science at the highest, since that is about all that I'll be able to do with money. In civ 2, I used to rush something every turn.
Old October 17, 2001, 17:21   #7
bigfree1

Question for Dan?
Some of my questions regarding how wonders can be rushed have been answered in todays news item. I'm still waiting for an answer as to how GL help rush wonders?