Old October 17, 2001, 16:02   #1
Ironwood
Prince

Local Time: 07:49
Local Date: October 31, 2010
New PBEM: Call for Players
Would anyone be interested in starting a new game? I want to play a game of SMAC. Just so you know the level of competition I offer, the highest I have beaten is Thinker. I tend to play true to my faction, and tend to play the Spartans, the Morganites, and the Peacekeepers, in that order. Dirdre's fun for a green conquest now and then.

I will be using the following settings:
Standard Random World
Standard Rules (All victories, blind research, no unity survey, etc.)
Thinker difficulty level
I will be playing the Morganites, and call myself John Galt (Who is John Galt, anyway? )

I am looking for three other players. In your reply, please list the faction you wish to play (first come first serve), what times of the day it is conveniant for you to play a turn (please include the timezone). Knowhow2 has offered to moderate, so if it's a go, Knowhow2, go ahead and let me know, and everyone can send their passwords to you.

As far as the player philosophy I would like to go with, well, pretty much anything goes, so long as you at least *talk* like your faction. If you want to play a Lal that just wants freedom and democracy around the globe, you can do that. If you want to play a Lal who's motivated primarily by the desire to be the worldwide hegemon, you can do that. As Santiago, you can either just be the sort who thinks access to weapons is just the only real way to keep everybody honest, or you can lead the armed band of thugs everyone accuses you of being. (Note that while Santiago values power, she is not *opposed* to any social model.)

So, pretty much, anything goes. I would prefer it, though, if you can at least propagandize right.

The only rule: No table talk. Meaning, nobody talks to anyone else about the game until they actually have diplomatic contact. Once a council has been called, I'd like to start a thread here that will be "The Council." There we can say anything we want to say publically. Of corse, this can't be enforced. We'll have to rely upon each other's honesty for this.

Any takers?
Take me as I am.
Old October 17, 2001, 17:13   #2
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Ironwood:

What you're describing is very similar to the three RolePlaying games underway.

And is so happens that there is a vacancy to play Morgan in RP3 - and I bet you'd be just perfect for the spot. It's 2108 in the game, and Scipio Centaurus is withdrawing. The thread is at:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...9&pagenumber=1

If you are interested, drop me an e-mail at:

linfrew@aol.com

Googlie (RP3 CMN)
Old October 18, 2001, 15:06   #3
Ironwood
Prince

Looks good. So I'll be joining Googlie's game. This thread is officially closed. I may attempt to get a SMAX game of similar character going in the future, once I've had some time to get used to this new concept of PBEM. Thanks for the heads up, Googlie. And somebody get me a turn!
Take me as I am.
Old October 18, 2001, 17:57   #4
knowhow2
King

Local Time: 15:49
Ironwood,

I suggest you get started in another PBEM anyway even though you're joining Googlie's. Only one signle PBEM can bored the hell out of you.

I would say that 2 is a good number to start with (I'm up to 6 right now and still I'm only playing 2 turns a day with 5 of them, the sixth one is a duell and we're playing very swift).

Anyway, whatever you choose, good luck with the game!
Old October 18, 2001, 19:03   #5
Black Sunrise
Prince

Local Time: 14:49
I was in 5, three failed due to people dropping out and no mods, the two I'm in are ticking along, one every other day, the other every fourth or fifth day. I really want in one or two more steady games....
Indra