Old October 22, 2001, 18:27   #31
Rosacrux
Warlord

Local Time: 14:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Ohmnigosh! Young Americans are quoting Shrubya!!!

Where is this world going to when your teenagers resent to quote dubya the dumm?
Old October 23, 2001, 10:41   #32
Walking Target
Settler

Local Time: 08:50
Did ya miss the comedy?
It seems that the esteemed Mr. Rosacrux missed the joke. I quoted the President after stating that I expected for my words to be used against me, and to be bashed across these boards....get it now? Also, you may want to look into who you are talking about when you are refering to America's Youth...you may find a bit of a surprise when you realize the age and background of some of the people on these boards. On top of that is the fact that the problem that people seem to be upset over on this thread is the apparent immaturity of the posts.....do we think that your last post falls into that category..... Maybe I am wrong, and if so I apologize, but it seems that attacking me on something that trivial is a little immature.
Old October 23, 2001, 11:21   #33
Rosacrux
Warlord

Maybe the fact that highly esteemed mr/ms/whatever Walking Target [must... not... make... jokes... about... "walking".... must... resist...] missed an obvious humorous post (with the appropriate smilies here and there) without any serious aspects at all, should point out the obvious:
That said individual wouldn't fall into the category "immature"... maybe "clueless" would be more fitting?

Again, just kidding... got it this time or you need more 's ????
Old October 23, 2001, 11:55   #34
Walking Target
Settler

Clearly the distiguished gentleperson Rosacrux has realized my point now. That it is really a problem with how people make jokes but everybody takes it differently. I would also like to point out to Rosey Palm...er Rosacrux (ok that was a really bad joke) that in order to find out some of the information about a person they can go to the profile of that person. If Rosacrux were to do that they may find another joke in my name, that directly corresponds to current events and my occupation.

PS Sorry immature might have been a bad choice of words....clueless then.
Old October 23, 2001, 12:59   #35
Rosacrux
Warlord

Apparently dearest and most exalted Wan...err... Walking Target (attempt to a bad joke aborted just in time... ) would like to take over the world in more than one ways. Otherwise he wouldn't work for a member of Da Congress

I must point out that this individual has taken into account said Target's joke, but took the opportunity to unleash some venom on a most charitable (even easy targeted) subject - dearest Shrubya indeed.

Since you are doing job for a congressman (one of those interns maybe? ) I would expect your efforts in the direction of lobbying to prohibit the head of the current administration talking in public.

That would be a great service to your country indeed! Regardless of your political stance, that is. Btw Donkey or Elephant?

Oh... and watch out for planes coming in... keep avoiding them
Old October 23, 2001, 15:32   #36
Walking Target
Settler

OK that last post was GREAT! Been ROFLMAO for a few minutes now.

As far as the President is concerned, I am actually a fan of his. I do not contend that he has made some poor statements in the past, but at the same time I believe that his true genius is shown by his choices for those who surround and advise him. Thus, I think that it is quite obvious that I am a Pachyderm with some Jacka$$ leanings. Thus one would call me a moderate.

Howver, not to ruin your hopes, I am not an intern and am in fact a member of a Congressional Staff, based in a district office. My worries are not about aircraft, but rather mailmen and what they maybe carrying in their satchels. However I have my latex gloves and dental masks sitting on my desk...for safety of course. Ahh the wonders of latex, save your butt in tons of situations!