Old October 18, 2001, 07:02   #1
RedWhiteArcher
Chieftain

Local Time: 14:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Ok, lets say I'm playing Civ 3 and its modern era...
So I and my neighbour civ is in peace. But I'm loosing him by culture level. So what happens? My border gets shorter?
Old October 18, 2001, 07:09   #2
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 10:50
Very good question.

If you were not at peace, then I would say definately. But being allies- I just don't know for sure (of course anyhow . But actually, I could still see your border shrinking because of his culture.

We shall see..
Old October 18, 2001, 07:15   #3
campmajor!
Prince

Local Time: 15:50
Re: Ok, lets say I'm playing Civ 3 and its modern era...
Quote:
Originally posted by RedWhiteArcher
So I and my neighbour civ is in peace. But I'm loosing him by culture level. So what happens? My border gets shorter?
Yes, I think it will get shorter, peace or no peace. You may even loose a city. The people in that city just want to belong to that other civ!

But we will see how this works out in civ3.
Old October 18, 2001, 07:43   #4
RedWhiteArcher
Chieftain

Quote:
Yes, I think it will get shorter, peace or no peace. You may even loose a city. The people in that city just want to belong to that other civ!
Ok, well anyone cares to show such occasions in real life? Cities from one coutry joining another or borders moving. I mean there are border disputes on centimeters but none of them because of culture but because of acts of war.
Old October 18, 2001, 07:55   #5
tuckson
Warlord

It's maybe even more interesting to imganine what happens when you AND your neigbours's culture still is growing, while your borders already clash. What happens? Will to lowest growth be rewarded with a decrease in borderwith in spite of the culturegrowth?

Nah... Guess THEY (the mighty F word) have seen it all...
-------------------------------><------------------------------
Old October 18, 2001, 08:04   #6
Mookie
Settler

Probably not, if not one of the civ's has much higher culture points. I can just imagine how crazy I'm going to be if another civ steels my cities
Old October 18, 2001, 08:06   #7
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 16:50
yes, the situation calls for some surgical strikes at the cultural workshop camps on their territory
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old October 18, 2001, 08:24   #8
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 01:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Official borders and 'spheres of influence' are two seperate things. For example, the crusades didnt involve just one country, they gathered a huge force from different countries through the (powerful) cultural influence of religion. Not the perfect example, granted, but its something along those lines.
Old October 18, 2001, 08:55   #9
RedWhiteArcher
Chieftain

Quote:
Official borders and 'spheres of influence' are two seperate things. For example, the crusades didnt involve just one country, they gathered a huge force from different countries through the (powerful) cultural influence of religion. Not the perfect example, granted, but its something along those lines.
That what I always thought until I saw so many people say that its exactly the other way around.