Old November 25, 2001, 14:15   #31
DrFell
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 15:51
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I don't think I could bear to go back to playing AI which is why I haven't bothered with civ3 yet - and from what I've heard it's not going to be ideal for multiplay anyway Especially with that ridiculous corruption and really slow tech rates...
Old November 25, 2001, 14:32   #32
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 06:51
Dr.Fell i will look for you sometime this week..... i seem to be the one who plays people that aren't from around these parts

i will play a x2x1 or x1x1 deity raging small game ..... let me know if your interested....icq30200920 PST time for me
Old November 27, 2001, 07:42   #33
DrFell
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 15:51
Damn deity is my least favourite difficulty, I think we should play 2 games both 2x1x one Deity raging one King villages level.. I'm available on the weekends normally but I can see that 8 hour time difference causing some probs.
Old November 27, 2001, 14:07   #34
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

i have been off the last three weeks witha bad back...too bad you didn't post earlier...i used to play an englishman by the name of graag all the time....

weekends might work.....i know how to get up early the reason i don't like king huts only isthat its a set spitting contest even more so than at deity
Old November 27, 2001, 21:44   #35
EyesOfNight

In other words war doesn't expand very well and would prefer deity and raging in order to slow the game down to his level. Welcome to apolyton.

Old November 27, 2001, 22:32   #36
War4ever
Emperor

not true Eyes... i can churn out settlers like the rest of them.... and i don't need happy wonders to win or keep the peace....

i play king games so i can wander the map as well....

i just don't like x2x2.... not saying it isn't any fun..i just have alot less experience with it.....but i am willing to play one of each setting....

after all its for fun......

are you playing civ3 at all?

and i used your explorer strat on king x2x2 and its quite lethal if you catch someone early with their pants down....at least i think it was you who used that strat first...i could be mistaken

There are many zoners here at apolyton..... when the game first came out i learned to play at the zone.... but this was before it became a x2x2 game only.... to each his own i guess...

its all about having fun and besides the map will dictate the game between people of the same skill....

again good to c u ....its been awhile
Old November 28, 2001, 14:21   #37
EyesOfNight

"not true Eyes... i can churn out settlers like the rest of them.... and i don't need happy wonders to win or keep the peace.... "

lol Don't make me laugh. And yes, I was the one who first used the explorer strategy back a couple of years ago. Don't you remember slowwhand screaming that I was cheating when I landed him with explorers by around 3000BC? lol I'm playing civ3, but it sucks. It's boring, and the gameplay is horrible. I can't really find anything I like about it.