Old October 18, 2001, 16:25   #1
wes23
Settler

Local Time: 14:51
Local Date: October 31, 2010
What game is next?
I want to see another Civil War game done in 3D by firaxis. maybe fredricksburg or soemthing, since antietam and gettysburg is done. ALthough another Gettysburg would be charming
Old October 18, 2001, 16:30   #2
Sabre2th
King

Local Time: 10:51
civ 4 through 37
Old October 18, 2001, 16:41   #3
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Local Time: 16:51
I hope for Colonization 2, that game deserves a sequel, and they might actually find a way to use the Civ3-engine and just make some small modifications to it to get Colonization.

BTW - FYI - This sort of threads is for the Community, and this will most likely be moved if it stays on page one. I once had a POLL on the next Civ game, but this is bigger, so I believe that Mark keep it open without referring to my poll and closing this.
Old October 18, 2001, 17:01   #4
Sean
Prince

Lets Play civ-3 to death first!!!

Though I was looking foward to HOMM4 last month, but it has been postponed.
Old October 18, 2001, 17:39   #5
jdd2007
NationStates
King

personally, i thought Sid Meiers Gettysburg was not that great. its just not a game that i play again and again. it gets tiring way too quickly. otoh, civ2, sims, aoe+c, and rollercoaster tycoon, i play all the time. SMG just sits on the shelf...

cant WAIT to civ3...
Old October 18, 2001, 17:40   #6
lord of the mark
Deity

Simnation - a cross between simcity and Civ

Real time, variable speed, pausable, a la simcity.
But multiple cities, more abstract than simcity, but more detailed than civ. More detailed terrain improvement, infrastructure, economy etc. Detailed domestic politics, with parties reflecting regions, classes,ethnic groups etc, classes determined by economy, regional loyalties by history of regional development, ethnic groups by migration patterns. When the happiness level goes down, you dont just get a riot, but a riot in particular part of city, depending on which class, group, etc is dissatisfied.

Foreign policy and war would have to be fairly abstract. I thinks this would be mainly SP, but i could be wrong.

Collaboration of Firaxis and Maxis, of course. SId and Will, perhaps.

LOTM
Old October 18, 2001, 19:39   #7
eNo
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:51
Actually a new version of the civil war games would be cool. Something like Gettysburg strategy and troop movement on the scale of Shogun: Total War's battles. Or was that made already? I vaguely recall hearing about something similar...
Old October 18, 2001, 19:49   #8
dainbramaged13
Trade Wars / BlackNova Traders
King

EA's doing another Total war game about the crusades.. maybe they'll do modern warfare next!
Old October 18, 2001, 19:55   #9
vincentz
Chieftain

Maybe a real-time strategy game on terrorism? That would be a nice aggresion reliever for all the warmongering people here
Old October 18, 2001, 21:06   #10
Bisonbison
Chieftain

I'd be really happy with Colonization 2, but why, oh why, is no one mentioning Pirates, the best computer game in the history of the world?

I think about the possibility of a Firaxis version of Pirates and I get very happy, very happy.
Old October 18, 2001, 21:50   #11
dainbramaged13
Trade Wars / BlackNova Traders
King

Quote:
Originally posted by vincentz
Maybe a real-time strategy game on terrorism? That would be a nice aggresion reliever for all the warmongering people here
Did somebody say 'Majestic?'

Old October 18, 2001, 22:48   #12
Bakunine
Warlord

I think Colonization 2 would be really cool!

Dunno that game pirates but i am taking care of it threw pirates

I would buy it for anything till 10 dolars like i bought Colonization but i will not find it in my country...
Old October 18, 2001, 23:50   #13
fluxcapacitor
Warlord

Local Time: 06:51
SMAC 2 w/ 3d graphics. I think a phatty Drum n' Bass soundtrack would compliment it nicely too.
Old October 19, 2001, 00:39   #14
tniem
King

I really would like to see another Colonization or Pirates but I have said in the past that I believe the problems with Civ3 in being rushed and being of MP are the fault of the publisher, Infogrames. Now maybe I am wrong, will find out, but I really think that if the publisher's deadlines hurt the game at all that Firaxis should stay away and only publish for EA. That would mean no Colonization 2 or Pirates 3 (I believe 2 was already made although poorly), but Sid and the gang are sure to dream up something new that we can all find enjoyable without the headaches of a terrible publisher.
Old October 19, 2001, 03:30   #15
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 01:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Bisonbison
I'd be really happy with Colonization 2, but why, oh why, is no one mentioning Pirates, the best computer game in the history of the world?
I think about the possibility of a Firaxis version of Pirates and I get very happy, very happy.
Id definately welcome a newer version of Pirates
It was the sole reason for me keeping my Tandy 1000 (old computer) and also the sole reason i thought defending cities with cannons in Civ 1 was a good idea
Old October 19, 2001, 03:33   #16
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

What game is next?
Well, even though its not a Firaxis game, MOO3 is really my next TBS holy grail.
Old October 19, 2001, 03:39   #17
The Templar
Prince

I must concur with Anunikoba. MOO3 is the only other game I'm personally interested in right now.
Old October 19, 2001, 13:12   #18
fluxcapacitor
Warlord

Local Time: 06:51
Well, when I said SMAC 2, I meant next game from Firaxis I want. Bu next game period is w/out question Metal Gear Solid 2.