View Poll Results: What do you think about the U.N. victory's criterias?
It's okay like it is 7 26.92%
Guess it needs a little adjusting of the actual limits... too restrictive 1 3.85%
It should be based on many factors influencing diplomatical popularity 3 11.54%
It should be based mainly on economy of members' civilisations 0 0%
No idea. Too early yet and I miss some information 11 42.31%
Whattever! I don't bother of all that stuff and your poll is &*&&%( 4 15.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 19, 2001, 01:20   #1
Trifna
King

Local Time: 22:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Is the UN council victory okay?...
Alot of people aren't that much sure that the UN council victory is at its best. Considered with the limited info we
have by now and no testing ourselves yet, what do you think of it?
Old October 19, 2001, 02:27   #2
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 10:52
I m hoping that, besides being able to shut down 'Victory by UN' completely, that the victory conditions will be modifiable through the editor as well so we can adjust how much land/population we need to be a part of the council.

-edit-

I just had a brain fart!

In SMAC, everyone could vote to elect what was known as the Planetary Governor, and ultimately, the Supreme Leader (which gave that player a diplomatic victory).

I was just thinking- what if when Firaxis said you need 25% of the total land, or 25% of the total population to be on the UN council, what they meant was that you needed those numbers to be a candidate for World Leader, but everyone else still gets to vote?!

In SMAC, only the two players with the highest population counts were the candidates for Planetary Governor, but everyone else did get to vote.

Now THAT makes sense!

Last edited by Sarxis; October 19, 2001 at 03:26.
Old October 19, 2001, 03:56   #3
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 01:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Unless Anunikobas version is what happens, i dont think we know enough about the UN (in Civ 3) to guess if its 'at its best' We dont even know if those values are still set at 25% and whatever...
Old October 19, 2001, 06:49   #4
Pggar
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 11:52
Quote:
Originally posted by Anunikoba

I was just thinking- what if when Firaxis said you need 25% of the total land, or 25% of the total population to be on the UN council, what they meant was that you needed those numbers to be a candidate for World Leader, but everyone else still gets to vote?!
Firaxis said exactly what you are thinking, at least the first part about candidates. The part about the vote we have to assume. Anyway, if you are right, does the population size has anything to do with how many votes you have? I think we'll have to wait to get an answer.
Old October 19, 2001, 06:56   #5
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 10:52
In SMAC, population size did matter for the Planetary Governor vote, but not for the Supreme Leader vote. The more citizens you had, the more 'votes' you had counted towards PG elections, but for the SL votes each civ just got one.