Old July 12, 2000, 03:25   #1
Oldman
Prince

Local Time: 22:40
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Essential Civ2 Files???
Guys, i need to know which civ2 files are essential, and which ones i can dumb!! What i want to do is transfer my copy of civ2 on to my laptop at work. Problems being,

No civ2 CD, no cd drive
No floppy drive on the laptop
My mail server at work won't accept a 20meg zip file
I've only got 15meg of freeserve webspace, i can upload to and download at work.

But, Civ2 is minimum 20some meg with civilopedia and sounds, can i just dumb the pedia and sounds, and get it to work still? i don't need to reinstall without pedia and sound do i?

And yes i know, i'm addicted to civ2!!!!!
Old July 12, 2000, 03:42   #2
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 22:40
Hi Oldman, I'm no expert here, but I am certain that you can dump the 'paedia and 95% certain that you can do the same for sounds
However, how much disk space does your laptop have and how good an internet connection? My preferred solution would be to load the virtual CD software from here cut a VCD for Civ and then install and run from the VCD (which is about 300Mb by the way - I play all my civ from VCDs) One of my ISPs will even let me send a 300Mb attachment, but probably better would be for me to (very temporarily) put it on my Web site for you to grab - if you want to pursue this email me @ git1@scousers.net - and we can discuss further.

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
Old July 12, 2000, 10:35   #3
CornMaster
Prince

Local Time: 19:10
You can zip it and split it using several programs. Upload parts and then download them at work delete them and upload new parts. The CD problem: I use a program that disables the CD check so you don't need the CD to play. E-mail me and I'll send it to you.

------------------
"I'm too out of shape for a long fight so I'll have to kill you fast"
"If the great Emperors of Rome, Egypt and Greece were alive today, do you think they would prefer Coke or Pepsi?"