Old October 21, 2001, 17:26   #1
Col Bigspear
Warlord

Local Time: 14:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Location: Manchester, England. Im 1/2 Polish and proud of it!
Civ 2
WOW, went out on Friday to buy some games to keep me going (and to enquire about civ3) and bought Civ2 for £4.99. I say this because when civ 2 came out I was 11 and did not go for strategy games, but now I can't get enough. F**king yeah, I've had Civ 1 on my hard disk since god knows when, but when I played civ 2, S*it thats a good game. SUBS WITH NUKES I understand now what people have been saying about it (Praising) I know it's off topic but I had to share my joy. I mainly bought it incase Civ 3 will not run on my machine, so at least I'll have something to play on .
Old October 21, 2001, 17:32   #2
Lawrence of Arabia
PtWDG Gathering StormMac
King

Local Time: 06:58
OT
Old October 21, 2001, 17:48   #3
FrostyBoy
Emperor

Local Time: 22:58
Lawrence, sigh, you shouldn't just post the two letters "OT" like you are trying to show something important, it's perfectly alright/innocent/fine to post it here, in my opinion of course.

And Col, Civ2 was a good game, why now, do you choose to play it?
Old October 21, 2001, 19:19   #4
TechWins
King

Local Time: 07:58
Actually this should have been posted in the Civ2 General Forum.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old October 21, 2001, 21:32   #5
Asesino_Virtual
Warlord

Local Time: 11:58
Lucky bastard. Now u have a CIV game to explore, and 10 days will not be enough. Ive played (and most of us) all the civs games, so i dont have nothing but wait for the release.
Old October 22, 2001, 02:42   #6
The Templar
Prince

Local Time: 09:58
Quote:
Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
OT
What? Are you the off-topic police now? Come to think of it, your post to say that the Col. was off topic is itself off topic. So OT to you.
Old October 22, 2001, 02:43   #7
The Templar
Prince

Local Time: 09:58
Disregard my last post, it was OT.
Old October 22, 2001, 10:49   #8
Blaupanzer
lifer
Emperor

Local Time: 10:58
As to the joys of Civ II, they are many -- better military progression, more interesting wonders, smarter AI (still dumb but better), and additional city-lists associated with the new civs being only a few. Enjoy!

The Col's post was not OT in my opinion. If you think it was, notify Ming. Posting "OT" just angers people, and is itself off-topic.
Old October 22, 2001, 19:38   #9
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 00:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
OT
SPAM

If think a post is offencive or breaks the rules, use the ! button at the top of the post to report it to the mods
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon