Old October 24, 2001, 17:17   #1
Zizka
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:06
Local Date: October 31, 2010
A note on EB releases
I stopped by my local EB (canada) and they had an interesting info. The BTE is to be released Nov 1 while the Regular/Lite edition is on the 31st of October.

Rats.. have to wait one more day.. grrr. Hopefully they will decide to pack it all in one ship.

PS yayy My first post !!! (But littel do they know i have followed apolyton for years muahahahah)

Z
Old October 24, 2001, 18:15   #2
Lee Johnson
Warlord

I've signed up for the Limited Edition at my local EB in Toronto; I even put a sizable chunk of money down as a deposit (it was a credit for returning Pool of Radiance... what a dog's breakfast. )

Anyhow, I've already told them that I'll take whatever edition comes in the door first. If the LE isn't there, but the cardboard box edition is, that's what I'll buy. I'm not so enamoured of the cookie tin and extra junk that I'll wait one extra day for it, not if I can be playing the game right away.
Old October 24, 2001, 18:28   #3
Simpleton
Prince

Local Time: 08:06
Re: A note on EB releases
Quote:
Originally posted by Zizka
I stopped by my local EB (canada) and they had an interesting info. The BTE is to be released Nov 1 while the Regular/Lite edition is on the 31st of October.

Rats.. have to wait one more day.. grrr. Hopefully they will decide to pack it all in one ship.
Why one day late? Is it a Firaxis/Publisher thing or an EB thing? Either way it sucks. I wonder if this release policy is only in the Great White North or the states too?
Old October 24, 2001, 18:49   #4
Don Quixote de la Mancha
Settler

Local Time: 07:06
just spoke to eb in vancouver, they said le ( bte ) version will not be sold in any stores. guy said it had just been pulled from their shipment. se goes on sale the 31st.
Old October 24, 2001, 23:29   #5
Grunthex
Warlord

Local Time: 08:06
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Quixote de la Mancha
just spoke to eb in vancouver, they said le ( bte ) version will not be sold in any stores. guy said it had just been pulled from their shipment. se goes on sale the 31st.
The EB in Calgary is still selling both editions (the regular for an amazing $49.99 Cdn!). Funny Lee, I was in there this afternoon doing the exact same thing. PoR for Civ.
Old October 25, 2001, 06:18   #6
ElitePersian
Prince

Local Time: 15:06
Well does anyone know if we can get the LE before nov. 1st anywhere else besides EB?
Old October 25, 2001, 07:42   #7
Zizka
Chieftain

If they are pulling BTE/LE out of the stores in canada/Great white north. I'm going to be one P'OD Canuck!!! :P

I'm hoping the vancouver store might have meant that they had used up all their LE/BTE on in-store pre-orders (holds) and had no "shelf copies" left. Thant's My Civ prayer of the day. Considering most of us Pre-ordered ages weeks ago.. Long before Chaos ensued. I think I should we should get the BTE!!!

I wouldn't really care as much if it wanst for the tech tree-- Ive had the old CiV II one grace my wall for years (heh and need something to cover that unsightly "white area"

Z
Old October 25, 2001, 09:59   #8
Howling Chip
Chieftain

Local Time: 07:06
Price:$59.99
Ships on 10/29/2001

The LE edition is now posted on EB website with a 10/29 ship date. Regular still has the 10/31 ship date.

I'll be calling the store today to see if they can confirm this.