Old October 24, 2001, 17:21   #1
Ralf
King

Local Time: 16:06
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Can one switch to anything after missing Wonder?
I know that one cannot order several cities to simultaneously building the same Wonder. And I believe (Im not sure) that one cannot switch from one wonder to the next, using the amassed shields from a failed wonder-project.

But can one switch to anything at all? From halfcompleted wonder to a city-improvement or a unit? If not - are one given anything at all in return? A reduced scrap-fee, or what? Or does those amassed shields simply vanish into thin air?
Old October 24, 2001, 17:58   #2
Simpleton
Prince

Local Time: 08:06
I think its like CTP 1 and/or 2 in that if someone else builds a wonder your screwed and all your efforts are in vain. I don't think there has been anyplace where it explicitly says this but this is how I think it works.
BUT I could be wrong....I have been before (i.e. Oct 18 release date fiasco.... )
Old October 24, 2001, 19:31   #3
albiedamned
Rise of Nations Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 10:06
These are very good and important questions, and I don't think they have been answered. All that has been stated is that you can't continue producing a wonder after someone else builds it. That was a common trick in Civ2 (and SMAC) because you just kept producing it until you got the tech for another wonder, and then you switched to that wonder and had a huge head start.

So that trick is definitely out. But whether you can switch production from one wonder to another, or whether you can switch production from a wonder to anything at all, has not been stated I do not believe. Also, you said you can't have several cities building the same wonder at once, but I don't believe that has been officially stated either.

I would love to get clarity on these issues. Personally, I would love it if Firaxis completely disabled this cheat by not allowing you to switch from one wonder to another. If they do that, then it makes no difference if they allow multiple cities to work on the same wonder, since doing so would be stupid (there would be no way to switch city 2 to a different wonder after city 1 completed it).
Old October 24, 2001, 20:33   #4
dennis580
Warlord

Local Time: 09:06
I remember reading somewhere that you cann't switch from one wonder to another wonder.