Old January 13, 2002, 09:47   #121
SITS
King

Local Time: 15:10
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Turn 2134 to SC

Not sure what the problem with the first email was - I know my ISP has problems sometimes. An alternative address would be sits07@yahoo.co.uk
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old January 13, 2002, 13:00   #122
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 11:10
Quote:
Originally posted by H0bbes

And anyway, who or what is a "Taprisiot"?
A Taprisiot is a living, sentient communications device. It is typified by issueing greetings that are challenging, insulting, or obtuse: by your response to these greetings (i.e. how do you respond when you feel threatened, ridiculed, or unsure of how to respond) you become known to the issuer. The Taprisiot species is included in the book, "The Dosadi Experiment" by Frank Herbert (the "Dune" series).

Turn to Hobbes

-=Vel=-
Old January 13, 2002, 17:17   #123
H0bbes
Emperor

Local Time: 17:10
Turned to SITS.

thanks for the explanation. I've read most of the Dune series- but many years ago.

http://zanature.wordpress.com
Old January 15, 2002, 03:44   #124
SITS
King

Turn 2135 to SC
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old January 15, 2002, 13:07   #125
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Cursed IOD's: I spend 50EC's to rush a skimship, then only get 20EC's for killing the IOD!!! Oh well, at least I got a morale upgrade, too.

Turn to Hobbes.

-=Vel=-
Old January 15, 2002, 16:56   #126
H0bbes
Emperor

Onwards to SITS the almighty!

Old January 16, 2002, 23:31   #127
SITS
King

Turn 2136 to SC

Aw, stop it HObbes, you'll make me blush....

Old January 17, 2002, 07:08   #128
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

To Hobbes, the rouge applier....

-=Vel=-
Old January 17, 2002, 17:13   #129
H0bbes
Emperor

Turned to SITS the blushing! WP will be completed next turn.

Old January 17, 2002, 18:57   #130
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Turn to Hobbes.
I've been moving around the map, and still haven't run into anybody. Where are you guys hiding?

-=Vel=-
Old January 18, 2002, 09:35   #131
SITS
King

Turn 2137 to SC

'They seek him here, they seek him there...'

Old January 18, 2002, 15:08   #132
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Although the wealth we originally sought on this barren planet has eluded us, why we have stumbled upon an area rich in minerals, nutirents, and other materials: this will be a good area to creat our redoubt in.
In other pirate news we still have not found what we originally have come here for: the legendary pirate Googlie had said that there was buried treasure on this rock. We will keep looking for that, as well as any other scalawags that might be seeking the same prize....

Turn to Hobbes

-=Vel=-
Old January 18, 2002, 18:43   #133
H0bbes
Emperor

Try going south!

Treasure? Hmmmm, none here (unless you count the unity wreckage!)

Turned.

WP completed.

Old January 20, 2002, 12:02   #134
SITS
King

Turn 2138 to SC

Old January 20, 2002, 14:31   #135
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Just how many IOD's are on this Planet, anyways!?! I've only been involved in the game a few turns, and I've already encountered 3 IOD's (like one every other turn!)!

Turn to Hobbes

-=Vel=-
Old January 20, 2002, 16:27   #136
H0bbes
Emperor

Around it goes.

Old January 22, 2002, 11:59   #137
SITS
King

Turn 2139 to SC

IOD's=EC's

Old January 22, 2002, 14:51   #138
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by SITS

IOD's=EC's
IOD's= +EC's if you kill them
IOD's= -EC's if they kill you

However, I do seem to be overcoming this issue by adapting a "wolfpack" approach to exploration.

Turn to Hobbes.

-=Vel=-
Old January 24, 2002, 06:38   #139
H0bbes
Emperor

Turned.

Old January 24, 2002, 16:30   #140
SITS
King

Turn 2140 to SC

Old January 24, 2002, 22:33   #141
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Forwarded to Hobbes.

-=Vel=-
Old January 25, 2002, 02:10   #142
H0bbes
Emperor

2141 2 SITS

Old January 25, 2002, 13:04   #143
SITS
King

Turn 2141 to SC

Old January 25, 2002, 13:54   #144
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Heah Guys,
something's come up and I'll be gone until Sunday evening. FYI in case you see the turn sitting on my table awhile.

D

-=Vel=-
Old January 28, 2002, 13:58   #145
SITS
King

Turn 2142 to SC

No problem, Darsnan.

Old January 28, 2002, 15:42   #146
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

We have encountered a small seagoing vessel belonging to the known rascal Hobbes: we have issued a warning that we cannot guarrantee the safety of such merchant vessels in these waters, and we hope that they do make it back to port with their cargo of an alien artifact....

Turn to Hobbes

-=Vel=-
Old January 28, 2002, 18:28   #147
H0bbes
Emperor

Turned.

Old January 29, 2002, 00:21   #148
SITS
King

Turn 2143 to SC

Old January 29, 2002, 09:43   #149
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Turn to Hobbes

-=Vel=-
Old January 29, 2002, 17:36   #150
H0bbes
Emperor

HG Project completed.

Turned.