Old October 25, 2001, 22:07   #1
VetteroX
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:10
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Guesses on Unposted Unit Stengths
I bet that this has been done before, but im just trying to figure out more about the units, and I'd like any imput you guys have. I guess I'll randomly go through the ones I dont know.... Riflemen- my guess, being that musketmen are 3/3, is that these guys are about 5/5, 6/5 possibly 5/4 (seems pretty weak) or 6/6 (a bit strong, in that they are first defending agianst 6/3 cavalry, right?) Infantry and mech inf.- Infantry come after riflemen. I belive the Avulat previewer stated that mech infantry defence was more then twice that of regular inf. It would make sense that mech infantries defence is greater then tanks defence, (which is 8 or 10, right?) modern armors defence is 14, and I think mech inf's might me even greater, being that its main role seems to be front line defence. My guess for its defence is 14-16, with an equal attack, so 14-16/14-16. 16 does seem a bit high though, fortified thats 24, and on a hill or behind walls thats pretty rough to take out, except by bombardment. maybe 14/14 with infantry being 12/6. I think Infantries attack must be pretty good because I remeber previewers stating how they liked them. For planes, I know they can't derectly engage ground units, only strafe/bombard, an idea I love. I remeber asking myself how musketeers maneged to damage my fighters so badly, and how tanks actually shot them down most of the time I attacked them in Civ2, so the change is welcomed. I guess they have A/D for air battles and bombardment stregths, a fighter will do light damage, a big bomber will heavily damage or destory, like in CTP. I wonder if stealth bombers on a destroy building mission have a % chance to destroy the building or if it always takes a number of bombers depending on building type, or if 1 bombers always destroys the target, its just a matter of not being shot down by enemy fighters first.
Now on to ships, I assume ships are like they were in CTP, differnt values in attack defence, and bombard. Maybe Destroyers will be good for direct engagemnet, and battleships will be better for staying back and bombarding with the big guns? Certain ships may be stronger in bombardment then in direct assult , but still much more versitile in direct combat then land bombard units. I saw pics of ships but can't remeber their A/D/B so anyone who knows plz tell me. If there are any units I missed with unknown a/d/b/m post thoes and whatever guess you have. Also please excuse the length of this post and the spelling/grammer mistakes im sure are in there.
Old October 25, 2001, 22:33   #2
VetteroX
Chieftain

just a little change...make infantry 12/8, not 12/6. (id say 7 but any uneven number except 3 and sometimes 5 seems to be "illegal" in civ games)
Old October 25, 2001, 22:58   #3
Lawrence of Arabia
PtWDG Gathering StormMac
King

Local Time: 07:10
Paratroopers

8.7.2 (Paradrop 10 spaces)

Good enough to defend against infantry and hold for a few turns
Crappy enough to get taken by mechanzied assault if not relieved by armourmed spearhead
Old October 25, 2001, 23:26   #4
VetteroX
Chieftain

wow, 7 defence huh? so my theory based on civ 2 and ctp that they never have uneven numbers except 3 and 5 is wrong. maybe infanry could by 11/7 then or mech infanrty might be 15 defence. Interesting stuff, thanks. So, anyone know if im close on my guesses about other unit stengths from my original post?