Old October 26, 2001, 04:17   #1
Robert Plomp
admin
DiploGamesBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamC4WDG Team Apolyton
Administrator

Local Time: 17:12
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Did any non-UK european order the game from USA / UK ?
Currently I'm in a big doubt.
Should I order the game from the UK, or even worse, from the USA ? It might arive in 5 days in that case, and thus 9 days before Nov 16th.

But it'll cost much money, and I run the risk that it might delay very much and arive after Nov 16th.

anybody from europe any experience with ordering games from abroad ? I've ordered many CD's already, but they're tiny and cheap to ship.

CyberShy
The Netherlands
Old October 26, 2001, 04:26   #2
LaRusso
King

You should be OK there and have the game on 16th. I cancelled my CB order and will order it to be shipped by amazon or eb to a us friend of mine....that way I hope it to be faster and to avoid customs processing....
if i were in netherlands, i would not bother ordering it from the us. you will probably have it there in no time...
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old October 26, 2001, 05:50   #3
Rince
Chieftain

Local Time: 16:12
I ordered Civ III from the UK because of the announced simultaneous release in the US and the UK.
So if amazon.co.uk says 'shipped' around Nov 2nd, then i'll be happy, if not i will simply cancel the order and buy the game here in switzerland.

Btw: Ordering from the UK is really cheap compared to the US. I even think that i'll pay more for a copy from a local software store than for an order from amazon.co.uk.

GIVE ME CIV 3!!!!

Rince
Old October 26, 2001, 06:04   #4
LaRusso
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Rince
I ordered Civ III from the UK because of the announced simultaneous release in the US and the UK.
So if amazon.co.uk says 'shipped' around Nov 2nd, then i'll be happy, if not i will simply cancel the order and buy the game here in switzerland.

Btw: Ordering from the UK is really cheap compared to the US. I even think that i'll pay more for a copy from a local software store than for an order from amazon.co.uk.

GIVE ME CIV 3!!!!

Rince
are you sure it won't be taxed?
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old October 26, 2001, 06:59   #5
campmajor!
Prince

Well, I pre-ordered it from the US, but if it is the first time I do that kind of thing....

If I see it in the shop sooner, I will buy it! Then I will try to cancel my (pre-)order...
Old October 26, 2001, 12:35   #6
Rince
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by LaRusso

are you sure it won't be taxed?
No, but the tax shouldn't be too high if there's any.

Rince