Old November 2, 2001, 12:58   #61
SITS
King

Local Time: 15:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
It won't allow me to change my order. I paid extra for quick delivery but since it has been delayed so much I will be able to get it in the shops so I want to cancel the express delivery. Hmmm.
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old November 2, 2001, 14:29   #62
Tventano
Warlord

Local Time: 16:14
it is coming!
This morning I received an answer to my email complaint:

Quote:
Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I have checked the status of your order and found that the
item "Civilization 3 Limited Edition Tin" has already entered the shipping
process. It should be leaving our distribution center shortly; we will
send you an e-mail confirmation as soon as your order has shipped.
During the morning I received the next mail:

Quote:
Greetings from Amazon.com.

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items today,
and that this completes your order.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com, and we hope to see you again soon.
So when everything goes well, next week i will receive my version!

Btw no mention what so ever that The Netherlands is outside America and that they would not send it.
Old November 2, 2001, 15:56   #63
JanB
Chieftain

Maybe the time waiting for shipping has something to do with the date ordered. I ordered 20-SEP. I have to say that Amazon have proven to be slow over the shipping of Civ 3.

Have all US orders been dispatched or are they slow for US orders too?

Jan
Old November 2, 2001, 21:17   #64
SITS
King

It's amazing. I send Amazon a nasty email with tales of woe about my fictional grandsons birthday being ruined because they haven't sent out the LE order on time and 2 hours later it is sent! Even though I said I wanted to change it to the cheaper delivery option as poor Timmy's, the grandson, birthday has already passed

Here between Nov 6-8

Bastards!
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old November 3, 2001, 00:51   #65
Zanzin
Prince

Local Time: 01:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
So Amazon.com isn't meant to ship outside the US for Civ3 LE, but they are? Well, I'm happy for you guys that you're going to get what you paid for It's the way it should be.
Old November 3, 2001, 20:25   #66
SITS
King

My complaint to Amazon has been responded to with an offer of a $10 voucher which I'm going to reject as I want the full cost of the Express Deliverly that I was unable to change.

Bastards!

Old November 3, 2001, 22:16   #67
kittenOFchaos
Prince

They fell for a grandson "Timmy" routine...

You would have been more convincing if his name was Patrick...plus I would have taken the 10 dollars

Old November 4, 2001, 16:47   #68
Miner
Prince

I placed my order with Amazon.com on the 1st October 2001 when I found out that the Tin LE was not available in the UK (I paid top dollar for super dooper high speed express delivery across The Pond as I have more money than sense).
Yesterday (3rd November) I received an email stating that the order has been shipped and will be with me between the 6th and 8th of this month. I am so excited! before the end of the week I will have Civ3 LE! Muwhahahaha!
According to my order tracking details (gotta love Amazon) my LE has got to somewhere called "PHILA AIR HUB PA US".
Will post when I get more details and when it arrives. So it looks like Amazon are at least honouring what they said for me.
Old November 4, 2001, 23:52   #69
klesh
King

Local Time: 11:14
Quote:
Originally posted by Miner
According to my order tracking details (gotta love Amazon) my LE has got to somewhere called "PHILA AIR HUB PA US".
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. USA the shipping companies spot at the airport.

-FMK.
Old November 5, 2001, 20:43   #70
Miner
Prince

Thankyou FMK!

The great thing is that it is now already across The Pond, came in via East Midlands (any fellow brits who know which airport this would be?) and it looks like they tried to deliver it as well, although the times don't seem right, I suspect the time might be still US, as it has me down for a delivery time 10 to 3 in the afternoon and the response was " BUSINESS CLOSED, 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT". Closed??!! in the middle of the afternoon?!?!? I think not! The last record is "WAREHOUSE SCAN".

So to think it might be in a warehouse somewhere in London

So excited! it might arrive tomorrow! if there was a smilie for quivering for excitement I would be using it!
Old November 6, 2001, 06:29   #71
Slocombe
Chieftain

East Midlands airport is in Leicestershire - couriers like UPS probably use this airport, since it's very central for downline distribution via the motorway network (the planes fly straight over the M1 on landing ).

Still waiting for my LE to be shipped from Gamestop.
Old November 13, 2001, 15:42   #72
Miner
Prince

Got it!
It arrived the day after my last post. I had to pay import tax and everything.
However, the funny thing is, that same day I received the email that everyone else appears to be getting namely:

Greetings from Amazon.com.
We are writing in regards to your order for the item referenced below:
“Civilization 3 Limited Edition Tin” (Item # B00005QB4E)
We are sorry to report that we will not be able to ship this item with your order.
Unfortunately, pending clarification of federal regulations now in place regarding the shipment of computer software products outside the U.S., we have temporarily discontinued shipping software titles overseas.
Therefore, we are unable to send you this item and have cancelled this item from your order. Furthermore, because you only pay for items when we ship them to you, your credit card will NOT BE CHARGED for this item.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. We value your business and hope that you will continue to shop with us at Amazon.com.
Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com
Earth’s Biggest Selection

LOL! I hope they don't ask for it back!
Old November 13, 2001, 21:15   #73
Galah
Settler

F$%^K
I got the message last week. US export restrictions on software...that will stop planes aerplanes smacking into buildings (Oops - just listening to the radio, a charter plane fell out of the sky into Queens, New York).

Anyway - back to topic - got the message, and several undertakings from emails I sent daily whilst my account still had a debit that I will be refunded soon and not getting any software.
The ****er turned up today - I bought the game yesterday, and it doesn't run on TNT2 video cards.
I now have two boxes. (This is sort of funny, only it's me).
I will never buy firaxis, or any games from now on - I'm a convert to warez - I reckon I'm owed 2 - an then the stuffing around.

It will cost me to post the package back to Yahoo and there's absolutly no gaurantee I'll get a refund.
Yahoo are not in the game for repeat customers - they must be a front for selling drugs or arms.
Old November 14, 2001, 04:42   #74
Galah
Settler

Yahoo good Firaxis Bad
my faith is restored with Yahoo, they're giving me a full refund for the one deilvered that was not going to be sent to me - and told me to keep it for the postage back is too expensive. I now have an unopened box that can go the Salvos Chrissy Apeall, and one opened box that will not execute on my machine.