Old October 26, 2001, 19:16   #1
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 09:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Seeking 2 players for democracy in peril 3
The setup is briefly described by Googlie in the first set up thread as follows:

-----

Democracy is in peril, with Morgan, Domai and Lal (the three players) attempting to avoid domination by a Hive-led Axis comprising Yang, Santiago, Zakharov and Aki Zeta-Five. The latter three alll have been mind-controlled by Yang's lieutenant, Ashaandi, and are in submissive pacts with the Hive.

Needless to say, they share tech and battleplan co-ordinates from the start, but you can't talk to each other until formal contact has been made in the game.

----

Googlie has further indicated that the human factions are close enough for early meeting and support. But the rule on no contact until meeting is rendered almost moot since the Hive starts with the Empath Guild as part of the set-up and the other two games playing this, the Hive called an election and became governor very very early.

I want to play the Drones and am hoping to find 2 other players to try it as Lal and the Morganites. I am intrigued by the concept and am hoping to see what the Drones can do with the tech support from two others. I can pretty much promise that I play my turns within 12 hours of receipt and hope for similar turnaround from others BUT we will all have real life commitments sometimes of even a week or so and that is understandable and acceptable to me if generally the turn rate is good.

I understand that the AI setup makes this game a real challenge to win so are there any takers to help me protect democracy?? Once we have 3, googlie has kindly agreed to do the game set-up for us.

First two people to post get the spots . . . and you don't have to be super-experienced since half the benefit of this is that as human pactmates you will get to see what your teammates are doing and even discuss strategy and tactics.

SO ANY TAKERS ??
Old October 27, 2001, 11:55   #2
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Bumped up to keep it on the first page
Old October 28, 2001, 06:48   #3
Tau Ceti
King

Local Time: 17:15
This sounds interesting... and it is a long time since my last Morgan game now. Sign me up!
Old October 28, 2001, 10:46   #4
Qantaga
King

Local Time: 10:15
I will humbly offer my services as Brother Lal.

My SMACX skills are not in the same stratosphere as Tau's and Flubber's, but I am improving and I would welcome this opportunity to learn from playing as a team with the two of you.
Old October 28, 2001, 11:02   #5
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 08:15
I'll set the game up today

Flubber - Drones
Tau Ceti - Morgan
Qantaga - Peacekeepers

G.
Old October 28, 2001, 11:45   #6
Flubber
Deity

Excellent--Lets rock that Hive alliance!!!