Old October 27, 2001, 20:45   #1
TechWins
King

Local Time: 08:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hurray For Me!!!
Today I called Best Buy to confirm that Civ3 will be in store on Oct. 30, but they told me it was going to be released on a different day. Guess what, that day is Oct. 29! For those of you who won't be receiving the game until Oct. 30 I will be sure to come here and give all the deatails. of the game. I might be quite repetitive in my information because I'm not sure what new info has come out the past few weeks. The reason for that is because I have been trying to keep Civ3 somewhat of a surprise. Just thought I would share that with everybody.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old October 27, 2001, 22:06   #2
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Hmmm, I preordered my LE though Bestbuy. I do believe that I will be calling Bestbuy on Monday and asking them when my game will be shipped to me (yes, I paid the extra money for express/overnight delivery).
Old October 28, 2001, 00:49   #3
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 10:18
Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
Hmmm, I preordered my LE though Bestbuy. I do believe that I will be calling Bestbuy on Monday and asking them when my game will be shipped to me (yes, I paid the extra money for express/overnight delivery).
i had overnight delievery and it took tribes2 3 days to get here.

i'm cutting the last few periods of school (business law/calc/lunch/psych) and grabbing it.
Old October 28, 2001, 17:14   #4
SteveJH
Warlord

Local Time: 07:18
bah, I hate you guys. I just called my BestBuy and Software etc. and their both stuck on the 31st. I hate living in the desert!
Old October 28, 2001, 17:59   #5
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:18
Bah!

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old October 28, 2001, 19:56   #6
TechWins
King

i called again today and now they say it might not be until oct. 30. i'm going to call again tonight to make sure, though.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old October 29, 2001, 01:21   #7
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

TechWins, I plan on calling Best Buy tomorrow morning (Monday) -let's see what mysterious date I'm given. I'm thinking, since I'm in California and you're in Arizona, our delivery dates should be the same...but I guess we'll see.
Old October 29, 2001, 02:36   #8
Rasbelin
Emperor

Local Time: 17:18
Lucky guy that TechWins.
Old October 29, 2001, 03:02   #9
java4me
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Rasbelin
Lucky guy that TechWins.
I preordered at EB, and I am going to pick it up at the store on MONDAY!!!!
Old October 29, 2001, 15:47   #10
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Well, I called Best Buy this morning and asked when my preorder is gonig to be shipped. Their answer: Any time now, maybe today, or it might be tomorrow. So I'm still in a holding pattern.
Old October 29, 2001, 16:06   #11
TechWins
King

Quote:
Lucky guy that TechWins.
Not really, I called Best Buy again last night and this time they gave me the date of Oct. 31. I'm to call as soon as I get home today (in school right now) to see if it's in. By the way, thanks for the info Wittlich.
Old October 29, 2001, 16:31   #12
Hophead
Settler

Local Time: 09:18
I tried a couple of EB stores in the Houston, TX (West Oaks and Baybrook malls) area. Both are saying they should get it on the 30th.
Old October 29, 2001, 19:21   #13
java4me
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Hophead
I tried a couple of EB stores in the Houston, TX (West Oaks and Baybrook malls) area. Both are saying they should get it on the 30th.
You are right!!!

I have to wait a whole nother day!!!
Old October 29, 2001, 22:15   #14
AgtFox
Settler

I went many places today...
And no luck. I went to Best Buy, Electronics Boutique, Toys R Us and Circuit City. No luck at any of those places. I expect EB and possibly Best Buy to have it tomorrow. I'll be leaving around 1pm my time to go to EB before I have to pick up my wife...hopefully they will have it. I'll even buy the LE if that's the only one
Old October 29, 2001, 22:35   #15
Stretch
Chieftain

Yah ditto for me. I checked EB and Best Buy today and they both claim to have it tomorrow. I'm gonna go at lunchtime since they get their shipments in around 11am. If its in, lunch may drag on, and on, and on.
Old October 30, 2001, 13:41   #16
TechWins
King

Has anybody on the West Coast or Southwest got the game from Best Buy yet? My local Best Buy says the game won't be there till tomorrow, but you never know.
Old October 30, 2001, 16:03   #17
TechWins
King

Any info on my above question would be nice.
Old October 30, 2001, 20:35   #18
java4me
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by TechWins
Has anybody on the West Coast or Southwest got the game from Best Buy yet? My local Best Buy says the game won't be there till tomorrow, but you never know.
I don't know about Best Buy; but I picked it up at EB, and I live in the southwest!!!
Old October 30, 2001, 20:53   #19
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Checked again with Best Buy...Tomorrow is what I was told.