Old April 28, 2003, 12:50   #451
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 09:19
Local Date: October 31, 2010
No deep thinking allowed

I will play the turn tonight
Old April 29, 2003, 19:49   #452
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

turn was passed this morning
Old April 29, 2003, 20:54   #453
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 16:19
Turn 2226 to the Thinker
Old April 30, 2003, 07:27   #454
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 11:19
on to wgabrie.

btw, I will be offline from Friday morning (est) till Sunday evening. FYI.

D

-=Vel=-
Old April 30, 2003, 08:29   #455
wgabrie
Prince

Ladies and Gentlemen of the council, While supervising my troops, I have happened across some "Endangered" tiles, this indicates that sea levels will soon rise.

Prepare yourselves, and build a pressure dome in any base falling in the area of an endangered tile. I haven't the tech to launch the solar shade, so that is all...

On to Flubber.
Old April 30, 2003, 11:14   #456
Flubber
Deity

I have the turn and should play tonight

I would ask however that whomever received the warning of the searise should post the details of it. Its one of the quirks of the game that only one player gets the notification and the practice and etiquette of my other games has been that everyone gets told by the person that receives the notification.

I sugesst we follow the same practice. I did not have a searise warning on my last turn.
Old May 1, 2003, 14:00   #457
Flubber
Deity

hmm

2227 to hercules.

I also have endangered squares that I did not see before.
Old May 6, 2003, 18:37   #458
Flubber
Deity

Is someone gone away or busy or did we have an email misfire??
Old May 6, 2003, 20:51   #459
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

I received the sea level rise warning. First time it has happened to me. Sorry didn't know procedure. I think it was the usual 20 years but don't recall the level.

It all those PBs

We're all going to drown.

Turn 2227 to Darsnan

I suspect we're nearly back on course.
Old May 7, 2003, 21:13   #460
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
I received the sea level rise warning. First time it has happened to me. Sorry didn't know procedure. I think it was the usual 20 years but don't recall the level.

It all those PBs

We're all going to drown.
Thanx for the warning Herc, and yes, I do believe that Planet is responding directly to the threat posed by the PB's. Regardless, The Consciousness will not stop building its prototype Fusion Warhead, as we do feel a policy of MAD is the only way to deal with the rogue state calling itself The Drones....

And speaking of which, on the the Head Drone!

D
Old May 8, 2003, 09:50   #461
wgabrie
Prince

Well, this is fun. My ISP has a service blackout.

I can't get the turn! Darsnan can you route the turn to wgabrie@yahoo.com? At least that way it will be accessable to me.

Now I've got to track down a PC copy of Alien Crossfire!
Old May 8, 2003, 10:31   #462
wgabrie
Prince

On second thought maybe you're better off with a replacement player. I can't find the UK site that was selling alien crossfire.
Old May 8, 2003, 12:55   #463
Flubber
Deity

I will be unavailable for a few days, so unless you think your inability to play will be permanent, I would say avoid temporary replacements. As I understand it, you should be fine as soon as you get ISP service back??

Maybe I don't understand your problem but couldn't you copy the game turn straight from your yahoo account and save it to a disk to play on your regular computer and then reverse the process to send it out? Or is there a compatibility issue?
Old May 8, 2003, 19:26   #464
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by wgabrie
On second thought maybe you're better off with a replacement player.
There is no better Drone player than you, wgabrie, and we only want the best Drone for this game!
Anyways, looks like Flubber's gonna be offline for a while, so I'd say lets wait and see what shakes out. Wgabrie: you may also want to ask Ellie (she's also "May" over @ CGN) about where she got her copy of SMAX just a couple of months ago. FYI.

Turn to wgabrie's other account

D
Old May 10, 2003, 07:40   #465
wgabrie
Prince

An Update on my situation:

It seems that both my computer, and the one I'm using to access the internet both have CD-burners on them.

So far I'v gotten the turn to my computer and played it, but I seem to have made a bad choice in disks. The Mac refuses to burn the CD-R(readable) disk claiming it's locked. My next task is buying a CD-RW(Read/Write) disk, but I won't be able to get to the store until after mothers day.

Till then Ta-taa!
Old May 12, 2003, 11:46   #466
wgabrie
Prince

It Workes! Turn to flubber.
Old May 21, 2003, 12:38   #467
Hercules
Deity

Flubber did you receive the last turn from born again Wgabrie. It should be
MY2228. Appreciate you're probably exhausted and changing nappies.
Old May 21, 2003, 16:52   #468
Flubber
Deity

Turn was received but I did not get a chance to play it. I have managed to whip off some of my shorter turns (those that take 10 minutes or less) but this one takes a bit of time -- I have 3 longer games held up and I am thinking I might get this one out sometime tonight--

I do hope to play regularly again as the little guy is already showing an inclination toward longer naps
Old June 8, 2003, 18:39   #469
Flubber
Deity

Found this one and played it-- It appears that the game itself is punishing me for my inattention in this game as I lost a base to Drone riots to the consciousness--

2228 to hercules

--------------------------------------------------------------

In the news today, Chancellor flubber regretfully announced that the university was ending its longstanding pact with the drones. Flubber stated that " we can no longer maintain a close association with those that would wield nuclear weapons as a possible threat against their neighbors. WE ask all the nations of PLanet to join in this peaceful sign of disapproval"
Old June 9, 2003, 19:25   #470
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Flubber
-- It appears that the game itself is punishing me for my inattention in this game as I lost a base to Drone riots to the consciousness--
Woo-hoo! Free Stuff!
Now here's a good question: aren't I supposed to get a tech everytime I "conquer" a base, or is this situation an exception here, as I didn't get one of Provost Flubber's juicy techs when The Consciousness assumed control of the Uni base?

On to Foreman wgabrie, who may or may not be online anymore.

D
Old July 7, 2003, 06:09   #471
Hercules
Deity

Ok I am back. what's happening here now. I suspect we need a replacement for Wgabrie, which is a shame.
Old July 7, 2003, 12:34   #472
Flubber
Deity

well we all knew that you ( hercules) were away so I believe we all just let things sit, hoping wgabrie would resurface. Since there has been no word from him, I agree that a replacement is warranted.
Old July 24, 2003, 11:21   #473
Flubber
Deity

Should we post for a replacement??
Old July 24, 2003, 12:01   #474
Hercules
Deity

Yes. Unfortunately as you may know I can't post new threads at the moment
Old August 1, 2003, 09:47   #475
Hercules
Deity

so could some post a replacement thread.
Old August 5, 2003, 00:45   #476
Blut0
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Morgan
Warlord

Local Time: 07:19
I'm new to pbem, so I won't be offended if you don't want a newbie learning the ropes in your game. But I'm willing if you are.

I do have one question, I've read about an energy bank cheat that many CNM's allow, but I don't know what it is.

Thanks
Old August 5, 2003, 08:04   #477
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

I'm also interested if you can't get Blut0 into it.
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old August 5, 2003, 08:58   #478
Hercules
Deity

HI have suggested BLut0 take the Chiron saga game and Lazerus the MAbb game. But note Flubber in Mabb is going on holiday soon.

Also either of you may care to look at Yang goes Native, which has been stalled for a while, even I haven't played a turn yet as repalcement.
Old August 5, 2003, 09:39   #479
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Fine with me

Kris_no1@hotmail.com if you wanna send me the details and a quick rundown of whats happened.
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old August 5, 2003, 15:55   #480
Flubber
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Blut0
I'm new to pbem, so I won't be offended if you don't want a newbie learning the ropes in your game. But I'm willing if you are.

I do have one question, I've read about an energy bank cheat that many CNM's allow, but I don't know what it is.

Thanks
I don't know an energy bank sbheat but I am aware of the stockpile energy bug. The game will give you both mineral production toward completeion AND energy from the stockpile energy IN THE SAME TURN if you place stockpile energy in the queue after building a unit

Many games allow this since the extra cash can speed the game.