Old August 6, 2003, 00:43   #481
Blut0
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Morgan
Warlord

Local Time: 07:19
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Thanks Flubber.

Now that you describe it that way, I remember how it fits into other discussions I have read.
Old August 6, 2003, 07:15   #482
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 16:19
I've sent a PM to Googlie for the password and another to Darsnan with my email to send me the turn so he knows this game is back alive for a few days, atleast i'll get in one turn to see what my situation is.

Got the turn now, thanks to darsnan for a quick rundown of my involvement with his faction aswell.

Googlies gonna send me the pass over the weekend (aint got his laptop with him)
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Last edited by Lazerus; August 7, 2003 at 22:50.
Old August 6, 2003, 09:11   #483
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 09:19
also my vacation may not slow things TOO badly-- There will be computers everywhere I go but its just a matter of installing the game and finding the time to play
Old August 6, 2003, 20:36   #484
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 11:19
btw I will be going on vacation starting the 14th, and returning the 24th. If you want me to find a replacement for the interim, let me know, and I will do so.

D

-=Vel=-
Old August 11, 2003, 06:40   #485
Lazerus
King

Having to go through some passwords with Googlie atm until we find the right one

sorry for the hold up

You will get 1, maybe 2 (had 2 fail pass attempts then hit escape twice) reload notices when i eventually get into this game. Think the reason is because I'm being sent Wbgaries passwords, wondering if Googlie has the pass for this game stored as Black Sunrise since he was the original player.
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Last edited by Lazerus; August 11, 2003 at 11:31.
Old August 12, 2003, 07:57   #486
Lazerus
King

Turn sent !

6th or 7th time lucky password was stored under Black Sunrises name (Thanks Googlie)

going to have to play very different to my usual (build so much of everything they get really depressed) Hiverian style but I've seen some good Drone players recently so I'll hopefully manage to get the best out of them. Can tell the war ended recently aswell.
Wish I had a little 'to do' list or a hint of what wbgarie was thinking number of routes that i could head off in.
Old August 12, 2003, 09:13   #487
Lazerus
King

Flubber im guessing you have hotmail blocked ? tried to send twice and both and been refused.

Have tried to send from yahoo aswell and got blocked, your account is full

Will attach file here to poly until its sorted.

http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Laz...ubber-2229.zip
Old August 12, 2003, 11:39   #488
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Yeah Flubber is on Holiday until the 25th Aug. So I guess the agme won't resatrt until then but at least it will restart.
Old August 12, 2003, 20:27   #489
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

btw I will be on holiday to Florida until the 25th as well, and since my computer is on the fritz, it may be even longer! I am having someone look at my computer while on vacation, but, being a technical sort, I think I have already diagnosed the problem as being rather severe. FYI.
I'f I don't appear back after the 25th in short time, why I am cookied at work for CGN. Send me a PM, and I will get it. FYI.

D

-=Vel=-
Old August 26, 2003, 10:40   #490
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Lazerus
Flubber im guessing you have hotmail blocked ? tried to send twice and both and been refused.

Have tried to send from yahoo aswell and got blocked, your account is full

Will attach file here to poly until its sorted.

http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Laz...ubber-2229.zip
NO -- hotmail is not blocked-- someone sent me 2000+K of photos and filled my inbox before I could get back to it
Old August 26, 2003, 11:16   #491
Flubber
Deity

turned to herc
Old August 26, 2003, 20:22   #492
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Turn 2229 to Darsnan.

Flubber: I hate when someone sends such a photo and it takes ages to get through and usually not worth it.
Old August 28, 2003, 20:07   #493
Lazerus
King

Turn sent

Foreman Lazerus has conveened the council with the proposition of a global trade pact, we believe the increased commerce from peaceful relations will improve stability amongst the factions on planet.

Yea - 2
Nay - 2

ps, whos got leadership of the govt ? and when did global warming start, formers are quite sparse compared to what im used to
Old September 3, 2003, 05:11   #494
Lazerus
King

Did you get the turn ok Flubber ?
Old September 11, 2003, 14:21   #495
Flubber
Deity

Ahh my error -- Forgot you had attached the turn here in the thread-- will play soon
Old September 11, 2003, 15:00   #496
Flubber
Deity

2229 to herc--

sorry for my delay
Old September 14, 2003, 01:02   #497
Hercules
Deity

Ah I received 2229 but I think I should have received 2230 as I believe I sent 2229 to Darsnan earlier, see above.
Old September 15, 2003, 19:27   #498
Flubber
Deity

I sent the last turn I seem to have-- IF I had 2230 before, I don't see it now
Old September 16, 2003, 10:14   #499
Hercules
Deity

Turn 2230 to Darsnan Sorry for delay
Old September 17, 2003, 10:04   #500
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

on to Lazurus

-=Vel=-
Old September 17, 2003, 14:45   #501
Lazerus
King

Turn sent
Old September 25, 2003, 14:00   #502
Lazerus
King

*bump* whats up with this game ?
Old September 26, 2003, 14:21   #503
Lazerus
King

Turn 2232 sent to Flubber

And damn my graphics are really screwed up for this game. Flubber's scheme has changed from the Hive to pk's. Meanwhile hercules now has morgans scheme. The conc has went from looking like the uni to the cult, yet it has several morgan and some gaian bases.... Confusing as hell trying to figure out whos who.
Old September 28, 2003, 09:11   #504
Hercules
Deity

Turn 2232 to Darsnan.
Old September 28, 2003, 10:36   #505
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

The Consciousness joins the Nuclear Powers Club!

On to Lazurus.

-=Vel=-
Old September 28, 2003, 12:04   #506
Lazerus
King

Turn to Flubber.

Again prob's with my graphics, the game even pushed windows into safe mode and forced me to restart. Are there any tweaks or something and this is a patched game right ?

Provost Flubber has launched an unprovoked attack on the Drones capturing a base and destroying nearby civilian former and supply units. Foreman Lazerus has promised that all Univeristy soldiers on this continent will be sentenced to life in the salt mines and those who orchestrated this attack will be given longetivity treatments and then subjected to an eternity in the punishment spheres.
Anti-war protests look set to flare up, the Drone council is drawing up plans on how to deal with these pacifist loonies.

Last edited by Lazerus; September 28, 2003 at 12:10.
Old September 30, 2003, 17:29   #507
Flubber
Deity

The original strike on the drones was by a group of university anti-nuclear fanatics that struck to destroy a PB in our immediate region. While the faculty does not condone that action and intended to cease and desist, we were forced to continue into Drone territory when our entreaties were met with threats of death to our entire faction.

Considering that the Drones continue to move a PB toward our lands and have explicity stated that they would be willing to use this weapon, continued military action on our part is required. The Drone citizens are being kindly treated.

I call on all the nations of the world to join the university in calling for an end to nuclear proliferation. Our own scientist have begun tinkering with such weapons and it is our fear that to remain unarmed in the face of a clear threat would be folly

2233 to herc
Old October 1, 2003, 15:26   #508
Lazerus
King

A PB which was recently completed and you had my assurance it would be moved away that turn as it was not me who initiated the build but wasn't prepared to cancel so close to the end of what essentially costs as much as a SP. Do not attempt to cover your warmogering with tales of being threatened to weapons of mass destruction for if that were the case why aren't you striking the Cyborgs.

Quote me where I said I would use the missile, i said i would make your chances of winning fall as i do, you wasting minerals on military units is effectively doing that.

University masters treating PoW's fairly, HA! your unethical researchers would love nothing more then some guinea pigs to try out new drugs on Provost.
Old October 1, 2003, 19:09   #509
Flubber
Deity

In the news tonight

The university has invited third party observers to inspect University bases in which former Drone citizens reside. They stated that inspectors will find them well treated with new education programs to better their condition.

The faculty also responded to Drone statements today. In a prepared statement the provost indicated that recent Drone actions moving a Planet Buster into more forward positions to threaten the facullty are ample proof of the Drone intention to use these weapons in an offensive manner.

The faculty also clarified its stance, indicating that it takes no offensive action against the cyborgs for the same reasons they took no action against the Drones in previous years . . . Neither faction wielded a Planet Buster weapon in striking range of the University Homeland.
Old October 15, 2003, 17:05   #510
Flubber
Deity

ERrr who has the turn ??