Old October 28, 2001, 14:13   #1
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:21
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Are Infogrames UK a bunch of bumbling incompetents?
I stand by this assertion. Civ3's release is imminent in the US, other countries are reporting similar release dates, yet for some unstated reason Infogrames has failed to pull it's thumb out of it's rectum and get this game launched or even remotely publicised. We have seen a poster here who works for Infogrames UK who has a copy of the game, so why is there still another 3 weeks before the game is launched? Looking at the Infogrames UK website, you'd be forgiven for thinking that the game doesn't exist at all, even Firaxis themselves don't seem to know what they are doing in terms of release date, nor do many retailers. I asked at Virgin Megastore and the bloke behind the checkout was totally and utterly clueless about the imminent release of the game, and suggested that what I heard was an unfounded rumour

I really think that Infogrames UK needs a shake-up and to get themselves into gear and sort things out regarding the UK release of Civ3. Because from where I am standing, it looks like nothing but a long catalogue of balls-ups!

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old October 28, 2001, 15:45   #2
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

I would also like to reiterate at this point that my comments are not against Firaxis at all. I have seen the progress of the game and what has been said about the game by those lucky enough to have played it already. And with the fine pedigree of Sid Meier and Firaxis's previous games, I have no doubts this is going to be a surefire winner. But I do very much resent where it is all bodged up by their distribution company, who is totally independent and is stopping an effective release.

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old October 28, 2001, 17:05   #3
Draco aka Se7eN
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:21
Look there is only one solution i can see....

Buy your self a Big Lolly pop, some overals, a cap with a propeller on the top, and a double guage shotgun and just go postal

yeah
Old October 28, 2001, 19:13   #4
kittenOFchaos
Prince

There was a full page advertisement of civ3 in the latest PCgamer (uk) and the previous one to that had a 6-8 page preview of civ3...so it depends where you look!

P.S covertly saw the pre-order list for civ3 in Durham EB and it is looking ok, though I've gone for the expensive flying in of a biscuit tin.

But it is stupid that infogrammes couldn't get a simultaneous release of civ3 in USA and UK considering we are virtually a state of the USA!
Old October 28, 2001, 19:15   #5
kittenOFchaos
Prince

Harrison asking info from a shop-floor person in Virgin Megastore...bye bye any respect for YOUR intellect!