Old October 28, 2001, 20:41   #1
Lawrence of Arabia
PtWDG Gathering StormMac
King

Local Time: 07:23
Local Date: October 31, 2010
What are you going to do on Tuesday?
What are you going to be doing on the day of the release. I have week off for vacaction and i think in gonna be reading reviews and deciding if i want to buy it. (actually thats just a cover. I got a mac and have to wait anyways )
Old October 28, 2001, 21:17   #2
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 02:23
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Ill be on Apolyton reading the flood of new information from the people lucky enough to live in a country where Civ 3 is released already... Actually, ill probably be working on my assignment due on Wednesday, but after thats finished...
Old October 28, 2001, 21:23   #3
Kc7mxo
King

Local Time: 10:23
Studying for my test.

Doing homework?

I've made the very sad decision that I won't be buying civ 3 for a while. Other things are more important.
Old October 28, 2001, 21:25   #4
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:23
Go to my morning class...try to get a ride to the mall to pick up the game...if I can't get a ride I'll walk...get the game, come back, read the manual...go to my afternoon class...well, maybe I'll skip it; it is only calculus (piece of cake)...install the game after class, assuming I go...play until i have to eat..eat...play some more...sleep
Old October 28, 2001, 21:31   #5
Pembleton
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by ixnay37
Go to my morning class...try to get a ride to the mall to pick up the game...if I can't get a ride I'll walk...get the game, come back, read the manual...go to my afternoon class...well, maybe I'll skip it; it is only calculus (piece of cake)...install the game after class, assuming I go...play until i have to eat..eat...play some more...sleep
You'll actually get the game at the same time the rest of us Americans do, in the far ends of Earth known as Montana?
Old October 28, 2001, 21:45   #6
Comrade Tribune
Prince

Local Time: 16:23
Going about my business, as I won´t get the game before Friday, at the earliest.
Old October 28, 2001, 21:53   #7
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Quote:
I'll be on Apolyton reading the flood of new information from the people lucky enough to live in a country where Civ 3 is released already...
Old October 28, 2001, 22:03   #8
ancient
Prince

well i have to go to school, but after that ill stop at the mall, where i have $50 of tax-free 10% discounted Tradeing credits, and get civ3 for 18% off, yes... good deal (plus its only $40 dollars at the store there)

after that i'll lock my self in my room with 2 2 liters 1 of mountain dew code red the other sprite, and order [iza, and enjoy the rest of the night playing civ3.. hmm maybe i'll move my computer next to my recliner...
Old October 28, 2001, 22:08   #9
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Local Time: 15:23
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
Ill be on Apolyton reading the flood of new information from the people lucky enough to live in a country where Civ 3 is released already...
As well.
"They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara
Old October 28, 2001, 22:17   #10
ancient
Prince

why dont more of you live in america?

i meen greece and sweden and such is ok, but its at least a 4 month waiting time...
Old October 28, 2001, 22:35   #11
Bane
Chieftain

Local Time: 05:23
Let me check my shopping -- I think I've got everything:
Beer
Chips
Pretzels
Civ3
Pizza
Girl Friend w/ smooth lips

--I am good to go for awhile -- now where was that chair that Homer Simpson designed...:
Old October 28, 2001, 23:03   #12
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 11:23
You have GOT to be kidding; right?
Old October 28, 2001, 23:11   #13
SteveJH
Warlord

On Tuesday I'll be waiting for Wednesday.. when I can actually get the game.
Old October 28, 2001, 23:14   #14
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Pembleton

You'll actually get the game at the same time the rest of us Americans do, in the far ends of Earth known as Montana?
Well, it may be cold up here but its not like its siberia or anything...we have airports and highways.

At least I hope we get it at the same time.
Old October 28, 2001, 23:53   #15
Stuie
King

I will call my wife from work around noon to make sure she has picked up the game, then start thinking up lame excuses to leave work early.

Once home, I'll load the game, play a bit, then I'm in charge of the kids until bedtime. Once they're in bed, it's just me and Civ3 the rest of the night (with a brief pause when my wife gets home later).
Old October 29, 2001, 00:45   #16
TechWins
King

Local Time: 08:23
Assuming Best Buy won't release the game until Wednesday. [I have called three times there in two days and I have got three different release dates all in sequential order, Oct. 29, Oct. 30, & Oct. 31]

I will be ditching school on Wednesday for sure. I have had good attendance so far this year, plus my grades are always good, so I can afford missing one day. Tuesday night I'll do the usual and then go to bed early (8ish) and wake up fairly late on Wednesday (9ish). Getting all this rest will prepare me for my few hours of rest I'll get on Wednesday. That morning, on Tuesday, I'll be the first one in the door at Best Buy (10 am). Immediately I'll run over the PC game section of the store. When I arrive at the location of my seeking I'll give out a loud shout of joy. For Civ3 will be sitting oh so nicely on the shelf for my grubby, little hands to pick it up. After paying for the game (yes I'll remember to pay even after touching the Civ3 box) and driving home, my feet will run like no other as I enter my house darting towards my PC. Again I'll let out a loud shout of joy, then install the game, while continously moving my legs because of ancyness. Next I'll click on my desktop icon of Civ3 very excitedly. Watch the marvelous preview of the game and let out another shout of joy. Then for the rest of the day I'll only speak of two words "ah awesome". As I indulge myself in 12-16 hours of non-stop Civ3 playing.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old October 29, 2001, 00:47   #17
Lonestar
inmate
King

Actually, I'm going to go out and guy Desecration, the newest Left Behind book, because I'm a foolish, superstitious Christian.
Old October 29, 2001, 01:20   #18
Milon
Settler

I'll be assigning a ton of homework to my students
(I don't plan on grading it, but it will keep them busy and out
of the malls buying copies of civ3.)
Then I'll install my copy and call in sick for the next couple of days.
Old October 29, 2001, 01:31   #19
UKScud
Chieftain

I'm going to pop down to the mall, and check see if Civ3 really is going to be released in NZ the same time as all else,

then go drown my sorrows in pizza and bear cos it isn't...

...and god help me if it isn't and I succumb to buying the hint book.

If that's there as well....

Old October 29, 2001, 01:34   #20
connorkimbro
Emperor

I'll wake up around 6:30, get ready for the day, go to formation at 7:30, then to class at 7:50, class until 10:50. . i'll come immediately back to my barracks room and log onto the apolyton chat room and begin logging and participate in the first part of the chat during my lunch break. . at 12:30 i'll go back to class, i'll come home from class at 15:30, then go to some training i have tomorrow after class until about 17:00, then as soon as that's over, change clothes and hitch a ride to the mall to pick up the game. And then play it of course.

-theonion.com
Old October 29, 2001, 03:26   #21
Falconius
Prince

Cruise on over to EB to be there when they open (11am). And if the game's not there, there's going to be violence! Look for me on CNN.
Old October 29, 2001, 03:47   #22
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Local Time: 17:23
I'll be on Apolyton the all day except for half an hour when helping my little brother find his way in the city.
Old October 29, 2001, 03:54   #23
Faboba
King

Location: Scotland. I can't be more specific else they'll find me.
Get up. Get dressed. Go to work. Come back from work. Get ready for school. Go to school. Come back From School. Think about going to Halloween Caleigh. Remember it's on Thursday now. Go online and read about other people experiencing the joy of civ. Watch Tv about other people experiencing the joy of hapiness. Feel empty and Dejected. Have Dinner. Play Baldur's Gate. Sleep.
Old October 29, 2001, 04:05   #24
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Quote:
Originally posted by Faboba
Get up. Get dressed. Go to work. Come back from work. Get ready for school. Go to school. Come back From School. Think about going to Halloween Caleigh. Remember it's on Thursday now. Go online and read about other people experiencing the joy of civ. Watch Tv about other people experiencing the joy of hapiness. Feel empty and Dejected. Have Dinner. Play Baldur's Gate. Sleep.
Wow, somebody actually has a real life.

So, you are not coming to the party?
Old October 29, 2001, 05:40   #25
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Faboba
Think about going to Halloween Caleigh.
That's "Ceilidh". It's a right arse to spell, but look quite cool when you get it right
"They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara
Old October 29, 2001, 05:57   #26
LaRusso
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Bane
Let me check my shopping -- I think I've got everything:
Girl Friend w/ smooth lips
you mean 'sealed lips'?
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old October 29, 2001, 07:12   #27
Mankind
Warlord

Re: What are you going to do on Tuesday?
Quote:
Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
What are you going to be doing on the day of the release. I have week off for vacaction and i think in gonna be reading reviews and deciding if i want to buy it. (actually thats just a cover. I got a mac and have to wait anyways )
nothing special ...... just school ->Apolyton & other site's ->homework ->Apolyton & other -> supper & Apolyton & other site's -> Quarrel with my mother about this that yet I am not sleepy and wants to remain at computer ->>>>
Old October 29, 2001, 09:04   #28
MisterMuppet
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by ancient
why dont more of you live in america?
When I was filling out the Visa waiver form the choices for "Reason for visiting USA ?" were

a, Work
b, Vacation
c, Purchase Civ III

being an honest chap I put c and they refused me entry.
Old October 29, 2001, 09:34   #29
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by MisterMuppet

When I was filling out the Visa waiver form the choices for "Reason for visiting USA ?" were

a, Work
b, Vacation
c, Purchase Civ III

being an honest chap I put c and they refused me entry.

Note to self: Put b.
Old October 29, 2001, 09:50   #30
drake
King

Quote:
Isnt this more of an OT question?

Go to work. Go home. Hopefully get lucky. Go to bed. Think about upcoming civ 2 mp games.