Old October 29, 2001, 14:33   #1
Mads Raven
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:25
Local Date: October 31, 2010
See my email response from EB
Thank you for using the EBgames.com Online Customer Service Center.

Service ID: 198578

URL: N/A
Question: Subject: Civilization III
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I am living in Copenhagen, Denmark, and I am wondering if you at
EBgames are going to ship the computergame Civilization III Limited Edition Tin outside the USA, because I have pre-ordered the game two months ago from Amazon.com and they now say that they will not ship the game outside the USA. I am going to cancel my order with these bastards, and now I ask, if you are going to sell the game to people here in Europe? Then I will place my order at your fine store.
Thank you for your help.

Mads Raven

--
Answer: Hello from EBgames,
Thank you for writing us. We are shipping this game to your area. It can be found at this following link to order:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categorie...pf%5Fid=202330
If you have any more questions or comments please reply to this email, give us a call at 1-877-432-9675 (internationally at 1-702-614-1570), or take a look at http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/help/default.asp as you may be able to find the answers to your questions in our help section.
Thank you for choosing EBgames.com.
Best regards,
Customer Service Rep.
EBgames.com
For further questions on this topic click on the link below. http://207.138.140.105:80/AtOnceServ...l?&clid=100380

So what do you get of this information? Perhaps EB will ship the
game to Europe - or what do you think?
Old October 29, 2001, 15:02   #2
LarryLard
Chieftain

That link is to the standard edition, although they do have a page for LE that does not mention any shipping restrictions. Good luck to you! When I tried to create an account, UK was not an option in the 'country' drop-down presumably because www.eb.uk.com exists - although of course that does not list the LE! AAAAARGH!
Old October 29, 2001, 15:21   #3
Mads Raven
Chieftain

I feel sorry for you too; it is really so frustrating. If I am not going to have the LE then I will boycott the game - eh, just kidding!
It is so stupid and unfair that the people outside of the USA have almost no chances to get the LE, I really can´t understand why it has to be so... But soon the game will be easy to buy in SE but I want the LE now!
Old October 30, 2001, 05:25   #4
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 17:25
EB shipped my BTE last night
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old October 30, 2001, 05:31   #5
Earthling7
Mac
Prince

Local Time: 16:25
Quote:
Originally posted by LaRusso
EB shipped my BTE last night
And where are you located?
Old October 30, 2001, 05:34   #6
LaRusso
King

i am in hungary, but i ordered on a friend's german credit card to be shipped to my friend to NYC who will DHL or FedEx it the minute she gets it
pretty elaborate scheme, innit?
i got the mail 2:30 AM CET today, so it will be tomorrow in NYC
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old October 30, 2001, 09:28   #7
Christmann
Chieftain

Well.... looks like EB is gonna get my LE order if my order at amazon hasn't slipped through on Nov 1st. Hoping for the best...
Always shall your honor and your name and your fame endure.
Old October 30, 2001, 09:57   #8
Seneca
King

Reading La Russo's post, I'm surprised some enterprising American Apolytoner hasn't set up a business ordering the game for desperate Eurocoms - hell, I would have, for a small fee of $5 per game...

Perhaps if EUII comes out significantly earlier in Europe than America, it might be worth a shot....
Old October 30, 2001, 09:59   #9
LaRusso
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Seneca
Reading La Russo's post, I'm surprised some enterprising American Apolytoner hasn't set up a business ordering the game for desperate Eurocoms - hell, I would have, for a small fee of $5 per game...
um, bob dornan?
Old October 30, 2001, 18:40   #10
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by LaRusso
i am in hungary, but i ordered on a friend's german credit card to be shipped to my friend to NYC who will DHL or FedEx it the minute she gets it
pretty elaborate scheme, innit?
i got the mail 2:30 AM CET today, so it will be tomorrow in NYC
Fooking hell LaRusso