Closed Thread

Old December 1, 2001, 07:21   #271
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Local Time: 17:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Gramphos

I've tested again, and it seem to happen when you load a first turn game over a game with more sight, and all FOW in the back-game is removed as well.
Okay, I've figured out how to reproduce it. You only need one SAV from the early game before you fill one zoomed in window with visible map from one edge to another.

Load that file, and zoom out and load the file again, and you will see that map as it is in the dark.
(This works with Apolyton Tournament 1)
Old December 1, 2001, 14:55   #272
Raging Mouse
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf

Free shoots that occur rarely, and/or with frequent misses are next to 100% useless, the way is see it.

If above is true, then fortress-related ZOC is not "different". It simply doesnt exist. Its gone all together.
1) Yeah, I might need to rephrase that, as I've been playing another game and found them to be working just fine. What I meant to say is, that the computer rarely gives you the pleasure of moving his units close to yours.

2) I can't confirm or deny fortress-related ZOCs, as I haven't experienced any such situations yet.
Old December 3, 2001, 03:41   #273
reefer addict
Warlord

Local Time: 07:27
possible bug? ive noticed that when i unload a settler from a boat, if i right click,select settler and move him before the right click screen closes i can land a settler and build a city in one move. while it is nice to get 2 moves out of a settler i can see myself hating this if MP every becomes a reality anyone else found this yet?
Old December 5, 2001, 02:17   #274
Na-Suke
Settler

Local Time: 15:27
Civ III installs fine, but then I go to play it and the whole screen goes black. A moment or two later, it says that "Civilization3 has caused an error in CIVILIZATION3.EXE. Civilization3 will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer." My system is as follows:

P3 1 ghz
512 mb pc133 ram
815e chipset

I'm using my motherboard's onboard graphics. I have a VooDoo2, but my motherboard's graphics always overide it, so I cant use it.
Old December 5, 2001, 02:54   #275
cousLee
Prince

Local Time: 10:27
Quote:
Originally posted by reefer addict
possible bug? ive noticed that when i unload a settler from a boat, if i right click,select settler and move him before the right click screen closes i can land a settler and build a city in one move. while it is nice to get 2 moves out of a settler i can see myself hating this if MP every becomes a reality anyone else found this yet?
After reading this, I had the chance to give it a shot, and tested it out different ways. Yea, I could unload and build the way you outlined, but it don't work if unloading directly north or south, as the arrow key moves the menu selection highlight up or down. It also works without a ship. I had a settler on a hill and wanted to build on the tile directly east. I did a rightclick on a nearby unit, and moved/built the settler while the R-click menu was open. It's easily repeatable.
Old December 5, 2001, 17:02   #276
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Bug when trying to play with 1 civ (No AI)
I made a map with one civ to test things fast, but I couldn't even get to the playersetup screen. So I edited the map to have two civs and then it worked. I tried to set the Civ to NONE, but it crashed when I started, so I had to use a civ.

I think that the Playersetup screen bug is resulted by a divide by 0 when placing the dropdownlists.
Old December 6, 2001, 17:41   #277
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

What will we do with the list after the first patch?

Will we just remove all fixed bugs, or will we start a new list moving over all unfixed bugs?

korn???
Old December 7, 2001, 18:36   #278
Adm.Naismith
King

Local Time: 16:27
Quote:
Originally posted by Gramphos

Will we just remove all fixed bugs, or will we start a new list moving over all unfixed bugs?

korn???
I know is not mine the requested opinion still, considered the great job you are doing to keep the list clean and useful ( ), I suggest you should ask the mods to close this thread and start a new one, keeping the unfixed bugs into the "index" first post and adding links to the original details when useful.

Just my 2 cents, of course
"We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
- Admiral Naismith
Old December 7, 2001, 18:56   #279
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

Quote:
Originally posted by Adm.Naismith

I know is not mine the requested opinion still, considered the great job you are doing to keep the list clean and useful ( ), I suggest you should ask the mods to close this thread and start a new one, keeping the unfixed bugs into the "index" first post and adding links to the original details when useful.

Just my 2 cents, of course
I'm for that too, but Korn is the boss, and he has to make the decision.
Old December 10, 2001, 15:11   #280
gnomos
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:27
Power Plant Bug
If you build hoover dam, you get a hydro plat in your cities, but other power plants still show up as options to be built.
Old December 10, 2001, 20:12   #281
KMadeleine
PolyCast Team
Warlord

Local Time: 11:27
missing aqueduct in captured city
I captured a chinese city which had a population of 10 and was not on a river. it had plenty of excess food but would not grow. it would not give me the option to build a hospital. the only thing i can think of is that it used to have an aqueduct, which got destroyed when i captured the city, and then a bug wouldn't let me rebuild an aqueduct because the city already had a population above 6. i ended up just mining the previously irrigated squares because the excess food wasn't doing me any good at all. this was before the patch, which i downloaded yesterday but today is causing my new game to crash.
Old December 11, 2001, 13:26   #282
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Capital City not showing Walls on Main Map
My capital city has walls built, currently has 3 Pop but is not showing the wall on the main map. My other city with a wall does. WTF! This is Post Patch. I don't know how to do a screen shot, so here is the Game Zipfile:
Attached Files:
Old December 11, 2001, 23:35   #283
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Galley will no go into sea at all
I've just found out that the Galley under the Patch will no go into a Sea Square at all. You Can't jump out and back in again.

[EDIT] Sorry, It does go out to Sea, it just doesn't have the line of travel & the turn number in the sea space

Last edited by E_T; December 12, 2001 at 11:37.
Old December 12, 2001, 04:20   #284
gnomos
Chieftain

Mobilization related culture bug
While in mobilization it seems that your culture type improvements only generate half as much culture, I was only getting one per turn for temples. Just thought I'd mention that, as it isn't documented anywhere.

I had to fight a war to get out of mobilization mode, there doesn't seem to be any other way to do it. On the turn I eliminated my opponent I got back to the peacetime way of doing things, I can build non-military improvemetns again, thank god. I couldn't even build factories, how dumb, more factories got converted/built during WW2 than any other time in our history. But anyway.

After getting out of mobilization I checked out my cities. Temples again have 2 music notes after them. HOWEVER, the culture summary at the top of the city screen still says 1 culture per turn, this needs to be fixed. I don't know if the display is just bugged, I haven't moved to the next turn yet. Also, I haven't looked at the culture advisor page to see what values are listed there.
Old December 14, 2001, 10:33   #285
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

This is a very irritating bug that has been in since the first version:
When you select to save any game, and the file not already exists the ".." directory is marked, but the suggested filename is in the box. This isn't anything wrong, as long as you don't want to go to the parent directory. If you double click on the selected ".." the game saves the file to the suggested name.
Old December 15, 2001, 05:11   #286
korn469
Emperor

sorry about my lacks of updates, finishing up this semester at college really took away all of my free time

having said that i will work on updating the list, though any help on this would be very much appreciated

Quote:

i think we need to close this thread an open up a new thread, since this one had became quite ungainly, hopwever i would like to get all of the bugs out of this thread first

also i think we should have the list divided into two sections, bugs that have been addressed by the patch and bugs that haven't

how does that sound guys?
Old December 15, 2001, 06:11   #287
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

Quote:
Originally posted by korn469
sorry about my lacks of updates, finishing up this semester at college really took away all of my free time

having said that i will work on updating the list, though any help on this would be very much appreciated

i think we need to close this thread an open up a new thread, since this one had became quite ungainly, hopwever i would like to get all of the bugs out of this thread first

also i think we should have the list divided into two sections, bugs that have been addressed by the patch and bugs that haven't

how does that sound guys?
It sounds good to me.
Old December 15, 2001, 14:29   #288
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

Quote:
Originally posted by playshogi
You CAN build Hoover Dam in a city with a river bordering on the edge (as opposed to running through the city). But you must build an aqueduct if that river is only on the edge. Maybe, not a bug, but a bit inconsistent.
AFAIK rivers only are on the tile edges in Civ3
Old December 15, 2001, 16:52   #289
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

Quote:
Originally posted by Rasbelin
Yet another bug...

I have reported this to Firaxis, but I thought it could be good to post it here too.

When selecting the Americans as your own civ, the game will immediately stop responding. You can still move around the cursor and close the program from Windows' program shut down menu after pressing Cltr+Alt+Del. Selecting any other civ doesn't cause any such errors. The problem doesn't disappear when running the game next time. It will not help to reboot, and DirectX 8 is properly installed and working.

Have you modified the game in any way?
Old December 15, 2001, 17:36   #290
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

Re: Saved Game Path
Quote:
Originally posted by dutcheese
Hi,

Problem: Having trouble loading a saved game-- Civ3 cannot find the path to my saved game directory, including the autosaved directory, without me having to type in the full path to where the saved games are stored.

Cause: Game was installed in my profile directory and there is a . in my profile name on my Windows2000 system. The reason for the . is a while back my profile was corrupted so I just deleted my account and created a new account with the same name but did not delete my old profile directory. So when Win2000 created my new profile it was called my loggin name dot workstation name (localuser.computername) because the localuser name profile already existed.

Civ3 cannot read past the . in my profile name and keeps looking at the wrong directory. Then I cant even change directories using the built in navigation as the navigation cant read passed the dot either. Have to type in the long path manually. Can copy the path into the ini file as a short cut to typing...

dutcheese
Try to edit the ini setting the option
WindowsFileBox=1

That will make the game use Windows Common dialogs for open and save
Old December 15, 2001, 18:10   #291
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

Re: Re: The Official Apolyton Bug List
Quote:
Originally posted by Morkul
This is NOT a bug!
The Civilopedia says:

"A city must have water (fresh or salt) within its radius to build a Nuclear Plant. It replaces any other power plant in the city."
Yes, so not being able to build it by ocean tiles is a bug.
Old December 15, 2001, 18:17   #292
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

Quote:
Originally posted by korn469
I've tried to update the list since your last update.
(Never leave one month unupdated again.)

Can you check that I got everything?

Also, how should the list be separated into a addressed, and unaddressed part?
Old December 16, 2001, 21:47   #293
gnomos
Chieftain

Technology Theft Bug
If you steal the tech you are currently researching, when it puts you into the big picture tech screen to select your next tech, it still thinks you are stealing tech, and you can automatically steal a second one if there is one to steal. If there are no more techs to steal, you can't get out of the screen at all. If you click on a tech you have it just says you already know it, if you click on a tech they haven't learned yet it says they don't know it, if you try clicking on the X it says you have to pick a tech to steal, if you try anything else you get the same result.
Old December 17, 2001, 02:39   #294
korn469
Emperor

stick a fork in this thread it's done!
please post all bugs in the other thread found here
Closed Thread