Old July 2, 2003, 22:26   #541
EZRhino
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 08:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Location: Sunset and the evening star And one clear call for me.
Quote:
c) Since the CIS did not actively pursue its threat against the Arab league (meaning it did not engage in hostilities first) we see the NATO reaction as somewhat excessive and premature. The west claims to be the paragon of civilised conduct in international affairs:"Preemptive strikes" of genocidal scale without prior warning must not be part of the 21st century. Had the Russians (who are not the Soviets anymore) assumed hostilities of any kind, we would have approved, certainly.
On the contrary, the CIS was the one that initiated hostillities. The CIS's Armies premeditavly invaded Arab soil; a wholesale voilation of the peace agreement between our nations, and voiced that it had no intention of withdrawing. It was at this point that a state of war existed between the Arab League and the Commonwealth of Independent States. The Arab leage asked asked its European allies to honor our mutual defence pact, and they did. Describing the Nato action as a "Preemptive strike" is a shameless distortion

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!
Old July 4, 2003, 00:58   #542
Jimmywax
Prince

Local Time: 09:28
Quote:
Originally posted by Grothgar

Also if i remember i was in a great position in the Napoleonic Wars scenario but then you took over from Jimmywax and i was screwed so maybe not
I don't know if I should be telling you this but if I remember correctly, Case was going to split my Empire up between the remaining players. I believe you guys attacked him before he had a chance to do this though. At least that is how I remember it. I could be wrong.
Old July 6, 2003, 18:17   #543
tanelorn
Prince

Local Time: 17:28
Bump for Case, let's see what CIS is up to...
Old July 9, 2003, 21:24   #544
EZRhino
Prince

Bump

The Arab League is interested to see the results of the CIS counter-offensive

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!
Old July 10, 2003, 07:43   #545
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 01:28
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Sorry guys, I've been meaning to play my turn, but it's going to take a long time to play it & I'm a little short of spare time at the moment. I'll get it up on Saturday.
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old July 16, 2003, 20:49   #546
EZRhino
Prince

Bump Case

Old July 16, 2003, 23:05   #547
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 10:28
I'm back. I'll sort out a ceasefire when I recover from jetlag
Old July 17, 2003, 01:14   #548
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Btw, since it seems to be the fad in several AoW games, is anyone else considering manual removal of railroads here? It would make the war WAY more fun. Doing so now could unfairly disadvantage the CIS and APEC since they were just the victims of RR invasions, so it'd probably be after Case's counterattack if we do it. Who's with me?
Old July 17, 2003, 06:39   #549
Case
Emperor

CIS Impliments War Plans

Assailed on all fronts, the Stavka has implimented Warplan 2000. Our enemy's fates are now sealed!

A BMP-3 from an elite Guards Motor Rifle Division races towards its war station

[b]Semi-Cease Fire along the Amur[/i]

The CIS views the Chinese peace proposals favorably. As a sign of good faith, our armed forces have only destoyed the Chinese forces which were blocking our lines of communication.
Attached Files:
File Type: net cis2001dec.net (265.8 KB, 2 views)
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
Old July 19, 2003, 01:49   #550
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

So what about the railroads? Is anyone else interested?

Last edited by Darius871; July 19, 2003 at 02:01.
Old July 19, 2003, 13:18   #551
EZRhino
Prince

I think it works both ways. While I would prefer that we leave them in, I think that the decision will ultimatly be up to case.

Old July 19, 2003, 15:32   #552
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Why would you prefer them if they benefit no one?
Old July 20, 2003, 06:28   #553
Grothgar
Prince

Local Time: 15:28
Unlike in the Age of War PBEM, I think it would be great to abolish the railroads here. The reason being that it would make me invincible because no-one could advance fast enough before my humungous fleet of B-2's anihilated their forces, so go ahead

In game my B-2's have emptied Khabarovsk and Qiqihar as well as destroying many blocking BMP-3 Brigades in the hills around the railroads.

On the eastern front the B-2's have had another successful month of hunting with many targets in Kiev being destroyed, the SAM sites in most of the cities are almost ineffective against Stealth Bombers.

Due to intelligence information (I looked at the unit number before and after my turn) the B-2's destroyed 20 divisions and have lowered the Soviet war machines numbers drastically in only 2 months. This will only get more and more when their doomed counter attack gets underway.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 2001dec.net (265.8 KB, 1 views)

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old July 22, 2003, 23:04   #554
EZRhino
Prince

After the Arab soldiers took a brief respite to share unprofessional chuckles at the ferocity of the 'devastating' CIS counter-attack, the advance resumed

The CIS desert bastions of central Asia proved to be lightly held, with only the Uzbek capital of Tashkent offering more than token resistance. After a fierce four day battle, the garrison there was subdued. From the desolate salt flats of the Ustyurt Plateau to the dry and ancient seabed of the Aral, the blackened and empty shells of Russian Armor now lay strewn across the landscape.

Verily, Arab excellence at desert and mountain combat has no match in Russia. Arab casualties were relatively light, only several Armored and Mechanized Infantry Regiments were lost in the attack.

While the rumored CIS strategic reserve remains to be seen, the Russian leadership would be well served not to doubt our resolve.

Insha Allah (God willing), our armies will be to the gates of Moscow before long
Attached Files:
File Type: net al_2001dec.net (265.8 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by EZRhino; July 23, 2003 at 02:07.
Old July 22, 2003, 23:44   #555
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Anzac, did you agree to the proposal or not? I need to know before playing.
Old July 23, 2003, 11:42   #556
The ANZAC
King

I will withdraw, but I must have my army for defensive purposes. Your army is much more powerful than mine, but I need to keep mine for defensive purposes or I leave myself at your mercy. So I will withdraw out of China, be allowed to keep my armies, and keep South Korea. Those are my requests: if they can't be met, there will be no cease-fire.
Old July 24, 2003, 07:04   #557
Case
Emperor

I quite like the idea of getting rid of the RRs. However, how would we actually carry it out? I'm not parking my entire military in open terrain while it tears up RRs!
Old July 24, 2003, 16:51   #558
tanelorn
Prince

It is China's turn, still.
Old July 26, 2003, 17:05   #559
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Case
I quite like the idea of getting rid of the RRs. However, how would we actually carry it out? I'm not parking my entire military in open terrain while it tears up RRs!
Of course someone outside the game would activate cheat mode, remove them, take the tech away from all players, and then make the tech unresearchable. It takes around half an hour.

Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC Those are my requests: if they can't be met, there will be no cease-fire.
You can have it your way, Prime Minister.

Harbin, Changchun, Shenyang, Kharbarovsk, Qiqihar, and Hanoi captured. Several APEC fighter squadrons downed around Nanning, and an M2 Abrahms division was almost destroyed within the city. Sendai and Mandalay terror-bombed.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip china_2001_dec.zip (69.3 KB, 1 views)
Old July 28, 2003, 19:26   #560
The ANZAC
King

attacks countered.

APEC would like to offer the following proposal to China: we would like an end to hostilities on the condition you vacate South Korea. In return we will leave Nanning. Is that agreeable to you?

Also I noticed Darius was doing this (not that I am accusing him of anything) but what is everyone's position on the use of airfields to build "air-shields" around cities, chaining airfields together in order to build railroad improvements without having to spend the time on real RRs, and using them to boost terrain stats.

Do you all think people should be allowed to use airfields to get these advantages?
Attached Files:
File Type: net apec2001dec.net (265.8 KB, 2 views)
Old July 29, 2003, 00:35   #561
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC

APEC would like to offer the following proposal to China: we would like an end to hostilities on the condition you vacate South Korea. In return we will leave Nanning. Is that agreeable to you?
Absoflogginlutely, since taking the cities took care of the units I wanted you to disband. You can have all of Korea if you vacate Nanning.

Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC

Also I noticed Darius was doing this (not that I am accusing him of anything) but what is everyone's position on the use of airfields to build "air-shields" around cities, chaining airfields together in order to build railroad improvements without having to spend the time on real RRs, and using them to boost terrain stats.
First off I did NOT build them to shield my cities from air attack, and I did NOT use them because they're built more quickly than railroads. They're only there for the food bonuses they yield when built on hills. I think that long strings of them instead of railroads and/or making air-shields should of course be banned.

It's never been addressed on the forums, but if everyone's against the bonuses then I'll tear 'em up. I don't see how it's unfair though, since every one of us can build them. If other players didn't have the foresight to build enough engineers, that's their problem.
Old July 29, 2003, 09:24   #562
The ANZAC
King

agreed to: Nanning will be evacuated for all of Korea back

Also, if you weren't building the airbases to act as RRs, then why were you building a chain of them to Nanning through the forest?
Old July 30, 2003, 01:53   #563
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Meh, I guess I built a few out of laziness. Some of my 54 engineers could have built regular RR's on that grassland (they weren't on forests), I just didn't want to drag them across the whole damn country. Won't happen again if it's a problem.
Old July 30, 2003, 12:40   #564
The ANZAC
King

Edit: Read Darius' last post more clearly; understand now. But still, even though you could have done it using RRs, by using this way, you put less of your engineer force in harm's way. Just my two cents...
Old July 30, 2003, 14:26   #565
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Well that's the reason I said 'long' strings of them aren't ok. I knew while writing that I had built 2 or 3 through a warzone, and personally I don't think that should be against the rules.
Old July 30, 2003, 21:16   #566
tanelorn
Prince

War declared, Almaty captured!
India, according to its duties to the alliance declared war on the CIS yesterday. The city of Almaty, or Alma-Ata as it is also known, home of the founding treaty of the CIS fell to the Indian fast reaction force. Reinforcements are being sent to the Arab front aswell.
We are well aware of the symbolic significance of this act, we do not consider the people of the Commonwealth to be an enemy, still, treaties have to be honoured.

We congratulate the Arab league on the liberation of its central asian muslim brethren. Work on the railway proceeds.

We welcome Chinese trade envoys. You know, if you want the patrol removed, just ask for it(free of charge or anything).

India wishes for peace more than anything, please show restrain, everybody. We'll never reach nirvana this way!
Attached Files:
File Type: net hindustan2001dec.net (265.8 KB, 3 views)
Old August 4, 2003, 16:02   #567
EZRhino
Prince

The Anzac is next right?

Old August 4, 2003, 18:37   #568
The ANZAC
King

no, NATO is I think as I just went before this save here and go after China
Old August 4, 2003, 20:51   #569
Case
Emperor

Actaully, it's my turn I'll play it as soon as my computer comes out of the repair shop.
Old August 5, 2003, 05:22   #570
Grothgar
Prince

Local Time: 15:28
That would be quite the impediment to playing your turn

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"