Old December 3, 2001, 19:58   #91
jerkwaterbox
Warlord

Local Time: 10:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Attack!
Indian border guards were removed from there posts today when they were attacked by Pakistani fighters. Pakistani troops were then moved into there positions were they fortified themselves. What the Indian response will be is yet unknow. It is know however that Pakistan suffered no losses in the attacks, so her mighty army stands at full strength and ready to attack in case of any retaliation.

And the file...
Attached Files:
File Type: net 2000mar.net (269.6 KB, 5 views)

"I regret nothing and apologize for less." -My motto
Old December 3, 2001, 22:49   #92
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Re: Re: Hear ye, hear ye!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Cal

Sure they will.
The People's Republic of China shall make it their responsibility to free the opressed proletariats trapped by the Imperialistic APEC!
Right... Three words: You're going down! If its the last thing APEC does, we'll bring you with us. Lucky for me you don't have nukes!
Old December 8, 2001, 11:32   #93
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Has NATO moved?
Old December 10, 2001, 15:14   #94
Jimmywax
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 09:28
News from the IMF:
-under pressure from NATO the IMF has made substantial cash infusions into the economies of both APEC and India. This is an effort to help provide stability and help develop their economies.

From the desk of NATO command:
-an alliance has been signed with the Glorious Indian government. While fighting continues in the Far East, NATO is trying to distance itself from the conflict. Relations with the Arab League have cooled some due to the Arab league's agenda and their badgering. In the fight against terrorism an F-16 was lost to bad weather. NATO does not confirm Pakitani claims that it was lost to enemy action. In the coastal waters off of India an American cruiser has struck a mine. NATO is apalled at Pakitans willingness to mine another countries territorial waters. Again NATO denies Pakistani claims that the Cruiser was part of any covert exercises.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 2000marnato.net (269.6 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Jimmywax; December 11, 2001 at 14:59.
Old December 10, 2001, 16:25   #95
jerkwaterbox
Warlord

Curse your damn NATO propaganda! You will pay for your actions against the Pakistani people! Stay out of other peoples conflicts you peace keeping bastards!

Old December 10, 2001, 21:01   #96
The ANZAC
King

Damn, that was funny!! BTW, thanks Jimmy
Old December 10, 2001, 21:24   #97
jerkwaterbox
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC
Damn, that was funny!! BTW, thanks Jimmy
what was funny? my sensless ramblings or his propaganda spreading ways!?

Old December 11, 2001, 22:19   #98
The ANZAC
King

His propoganda: I was thinking, "How the hell do you accidentally lose a cruiser?" and then you come in pissed off at his propoganda. Just amusing to me
Old December 11, 2001, 22:42   #99
Jimmywax
Prince

Quote:
"How the hell do you accidentally lose a cruiser?"
I was watching t.v. while I was playing and I pushed the wrong key. My cruiser then attacked a Pakistani border gaurd and it went down like a Tiajauna hooker during spring break.
Old December 12, 2001, 02:25   #100
Cal
Prince

Local Time: 15:28
it's grothgar's turn, right?
Old December 13, 2001, 02:02   #101
Case
Emperor

Local Time: 01:28
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmywax
...it went down like a Tiajauna hooker during spring break.
there's a good analogy for me to tell my Grandma

I guess Grothgar is currently busy with exams...

Last edited by Case; December 13, 2001 at 06:48.
Old December 13, 2001, 15:56   #102
Grothgar
Prince

Well i have an excuse, it wasnt exams. I kinda deleted the map so ive been spending time making it up again. Also i well i didnt realsie nato had played the game

Heres the save. Not much happened in my turn. Just blocked a few roads with my forces stopping the russian juggernauts #

Also dont you think this smilie is kinda not in the spirit lol.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip 2000mar.zip (62.9 KB, 4 views)

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old December 13, 2001, 15:58   #103
Grothgar
Prince

Oh and heres the map with a few alterations caused by peoples actions. bloody warmongers
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	raging dragon.gif
Views:	201
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	7570  

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old December 13, 2001, 16:41   #104
Cal
Prince

Tomorrow's my last exam, then I'll play my turn.
Old December 13, 2001, 18:15   #105
Case
Emperor

I don't want to seem pedantic, but Syria should be shown as part of the Arab League

BTW, when are these guys getting a festive cap:
Old December 17, 2001, 02:11   #106
Case
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Cal
Tomorrow's my last exam, then I'll play my turn.
*cough* *cough*
Old December 18, 2001, 02:23   #107
Cal
Prince

China has played.

Does anyone want to take over my game? I'd like to put all my energy into scenario making without having to worry about PBEMs....

Sorry...
Attached Files:
File Type: net 2000mar.net (269.6 KB, 4 views)
Old December 19, 2001, 19:32   #108
The ANZAC
King

And APEC has played their turn... let's hope we can get someone to take up the sword for the Chinese.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 2000mar.net (269.6 KB, 4 views)
Old December 26, 2001, 10:03   #109
The ANZAC
King

Scott: have you finished your turn? I was just hoping this game could pick up a little bit because of Christmas break.
Old December 27, 2001, 10:12   #110
Scott F
Prince

India Defends Herself, Lahore Falls
After the violent invasion of India earlier this year which resulted in the annihilation of some five divisions of India's conscript border guards, Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee addressed the Indian Parliament about the growing crisis.

"India," the Prime Minister declared, "shall not stand idly by while the dictatorial regime of General Pervez Musharraf continues to oppress the Indian people, launch blatant attacks against rightfully Indian land, and sponsor terrorist attacks against civilized nations worldwide. We are therefore resolved to defend our people, our nation, and indeed civilization itself from the barbaric regime which enslaves the Pakistani people and even now defiles rightfully Indian territory. India shall defend herself."

The Prime Minister's speech to Parliament received a standing ovation from the deputies in the Parliament, even from the normally dovish parties representing India's three hundred million Muslims. A resolution approving "defensive military operations" was then unanimously approved by the Parliament.

Within minutes of the Parliament passing the so-called defense resolution, Indian military forces launched Operation Vishnu. Indian warplanes sortied from airfields well back from the border to attack and destroy the Pakistani aircraft still circling like vultures over the positions where they had attacked and destroyed Indian border guard units. Indian armor and mechanized units, their movement made easier by the efforts of Indian combat engineering units, crossed the Indus river into the city of Lahore, smashing the Pakistani forces there and, after very heavy fighting, forcing the shattered remnants of the Pakistani Army from the city. Indian warplanes soon made swift work of the broken remnants of the last of the Pakistani Air Force and the partisan units that scrambled to the nearby hills after the city fell to the victorious Indian Army.

With Operation Vishnu still in its first month, its accomplishments are nonetheless impressive. Most Indian defense analysts believe that the entire Pakistani Air Force and the bulk of the Pakistani Army, including likely all of its armor and mechanized units, have been totally destroyed by the advancing Indian Army.

http://php.indiana.edu/~sfluhr/2000_march_india.zip
Old December 27, 2001, 18:51   #111
Case
Emperor

CNN News Summary: World War Three, April 2000
Treaty of Istanbul Signed

In a secret meeting held in Istanbul, the leaders of the CIS and NATO governments signed a treaty designed to curb Arab League agression. The Treaty of Istanbul commits NATO and the CIS to coordinate a millitary campaign aimed at crushing the dictatoral Arab League governments.

Below: President Clinton and President Putin during negotiations

Iran Falls to CIS Blitz

In a lightning offencive, CIS forces have secured most of Iran. It has been confirmed that the offencive started as a low key spoiling operation, but was swiftly escalated after the poor condition of Iranian defences was discovered. CIS Armoured columns, supported by the Russian AirForce's strategic bombers, have taken most of the major Iranian cities, with Iranian forces holding out in Tabriz and Shiraz. Sailors of the Russian Indian Ocean Squadron have been given leave at the squadrons new home port of Bandar Abbas. CIS casualties have been reported as light, but partisans in the mountains behind Tehran have shot down numerous transport planes with shoulder launched missiles.

Below: Mechanised CIS troops advance during the battle for Tehran

All Quiet on the Chinese Front

Due to the demands of the Iranian offencive, CIS forces have taken a defencive stance on the Chinese front. The only significant fighing was the defeat of a Chinese armoured raid near Almaty, the defeat of which cost the CIS a wing of Su-25 Frogfoots and an armoured division equipped with T-80 tanks.

Last edited by Case; December 27, 2001 at 18:56.
Old December 27, 2001, 19:00   #112
Case
Emperor

Here's the file
Attached Files:
File Type: zip 2000apr.zip (61.8 KB, 5 views)
Old January 5, 2002, 19:25   #113
The ANZAC
King

I guess we'll continue here since Apolyton is back up.
Old January 6, 2002, 01:13   #114
Case
Emperor

Quote:
I guess we'll continue here since Apolyton is back up.
I guess so. - Jerkwaterbox are you out there?
Old January 6, 2002, 21:29   #115
Jimmywax
Prince

SunTzu wants to be China.
Old January 7, 2002, 00:15   #116
Case
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmywax
SunTzu wants to be China.
I've offered China to Jerkwaterbow, but if he dosn't want them (or dosn't show up soon) then SunTzu is more then welcome to take over the Chinese
Old January 8, 2002, 01:16   #117
Case
Emperor

Seeing as Jerkwaterbox hasn't responded to any of the emails or PM's I've sent him over the last week, I've played his turn for him.

Pakistani forces have staged a fighting retreat, and are falling back on positions in Afganistan, which is still controlled by the Taliban who clearly cannot be defeated in the harsh Afgani terrain
Attached Files:
File Type: zip pak2000apr.zip (61.8 KB, 14 views)
Old January 9, 2002, 00:59   #118
SunTzu
Prince

What about me? SUnTzu's China
Old January 9, 2002, 09:42   #119
winterfritz
Prince

Hi there

While I've been playing civ2 for years, I only recently discovered that there is such a thing as PBEM. It sounds great; could someone please tell me how to do it? I desperately want to try it out, and I haven't been able to find a FAQ or something on it anywhere.
I hope I'm not interrupting your game. Thanks heaps in advance for the help. Maybe I can play a game with some of you guys in the future
Old January 9, 2002, 18:34   #120
Case
Emperor

SunTzu, as I still haven't heard from Jerkwaterbox, you can take over China

Winterfritz, here's FMK and Henrik's PBEM guide - its well worth a read
Attached Files:
File Type: zip pbemguide.zip (5.5 KB, 10 views)