Old May 31, 2000, 18:48   #1
C0ckney
King

Local Time: 01:07
Local Date: October 31, 2010
A little help
My napoleonic wars scenario is almost (well about 3 weeks) from completion and there are two things that are really bothering me.
The first is the text that appear when starting a scenario, how do you get that to appear?
The second is city names, when I first started the scenario building something messed up and all the city names became blank
(the next build ones e.g. Paris-Orleans-Tours etc.) so I just carried on and named the cities what I wanted them to be called, but now I cannot attatch(sp?) events to these cities which is very annoying. Is there a way around this or do I to creat special units for each of the "event" cities?

------------------
Cockney used to be schizophereic but we'er ok now
[This message has been edited by C0ckney (edited May 31, 2000).]
Old June 1, 2000, 07:04   #2
Michael Daumen
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 19:07
Local Date: October 30, 2010
The first answer is, copy an intro file from another scenario (look for the txt file with the same name as the scn file). Then save it in your scenario folder with the name of your scenario. Edit the text but leave the non-textual things there.

I'm not sure what you mean in the rest of your query . . . .
Old June 1, 2000, 07:25   #3
ZhugeLiang
Chieftain

Local Time: 00:07
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Not entirely sure what you are saying but....for question one michael's advice is best and for the second one....if what you meant was all the new cities you are building don't have a default name and that is causing the problem of attaching the events to the cities, i've never heard of such a problem...but you might want to find a copy of the cities.txt (or is it city.txt?) and copy that into the same folder the rest of the scenerio is in. Even if the editor tells you that the city isn't found it still seems to work...for me it always has anyways.